How To Get Filthy Rich From Growing Marijuana and Making Hash Oil

Tommy Dukes

Live everyday like it's your last
According to reports, twenty year old's in Washington State are raking in $40,000/day from growing marijuana and making hash oil. Apparently money DOES grow on trees. :rockon::bowdown::leaf::science:

fdx0f8.jpg

Modnote: Linkspam removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Did you check out the initial investment? Plus, there is a LOT of hoops to jump through, legally, to be able to do this... legally.

Gotta spend money to make money, I'm just jealous is all :p These guy's are roughly my age, glad they're having the good fortune but man that is depressing lol from my perspective. Incentive to work hard:rockon:

Gunky

2100 plants. Only a portion are actually mature at any one time. I think the 40K pper day is a big exaggeration. Possibly 40K a month. Even then that's probably the sale price, not the profit. It's bs.

Let's suppose they harvest 1/3 of their 2100 plants every month. Thats 700 plants. Suppose they get a pound from 10 plants. That makes 70 lbs a month. The 70 lbs bud is probably worth 140K wholesale and they have costs to produce that, so let's say (optimistically) their profit is 50% so they get $70k/mo. I don't see $40k worth of oil coming out of the leaves every day - over a million dollars a month - if they are only producing $70K worth of bud a month. Even if you double my estimate.

Last edited:

Scott A

2100 plants. Only a portion are actually mature at any one time. I think the 40K pper day is a big exaIggeration. Possibly 40K a month. Even then that's probably the sale price, not the profit. It's bs.
If im thinking whole sale they maximum are getting $40 a gram(They probably get less) then it definitely is a huge exaggeration. That would mean they are getting 1000 grams a day of hash. If you consider a 20% return that would take 5000 grams which is 11 pounds... per day to create that kind of hash. Not impossible to run that amount per day , I guess, just dont see how the numbers work out for the plants they have to sustain that kind of profits. By my horrible math they would have to be close to 3000 pounds per year if they produce that amount every working day.

I guess its all possible I just think its an exaggeration for the news story.

edit- Throwing your math and my math together they probably run out in less than a week every month running their own supply at that kind of volume.

Hashassin

the uniBHOmber
i was going to call bullshit on this one, but i can see my fellow FC'ers are quite capable of doing basic math themselves instead of believing hyped up nonsense.

this reminds me of the time i got caught with some seeds in my pocket as a teenager and the cops tried to tell me i was going to jail for millions of dollars worth of weed because of the "potential profit" i could make if i grew each seed into monstrous 50ft plant that bore dozens of pounds and sold every gram of it at the highest price herb is bought for.

personally i'd be relatively content to see 40k a year getting paid to produce oil for someone else if it was legit and i could put it on my taxes.

Gunky

There is an appeal reminiscent of ads on the back of comics in the 50's and 60's: hey kids, make money growing mushrooms in your spare time in your cellar!

They hype and exaggerate the profits of legal cannabis in Colorado the same way they always used to estimate street value from pot seizures: in your dreams numbers.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
a $350,000 loan from friends and family?? I need new friends... ;-)

Here's a better informed article on Amerifarms. These folks had a lot of stars aligning to get them going like this. It's made to look easy as anything, but it's far from it. Wish the article included more about legal issues. Attorneys aren't cheap.

syrupy,

Gunky

When he said $40,000 a day he was just plucking a big figure out of the air, like a gazillion. Beginners like that may well wake up one day with an infestation and find their crop decimated. The loss and delay has to be absorbed into their bottom line.

Gunky,

Gunky

Kind of like saying 10 plants per pound? :dog::dog: Sorry that was all in fun.

Seriously, are they growing in party cups?
The yield per plant is highly variable depending on the grow type, strain, light quality, veg time etc. It's not uncommon in the indoor grow industry to get 4 ounces from one plant. More than that and the plant takes up as much room as two plants that have been vegged less, so the difference is really moot. 4 ounces is a good upper limit approximation. That would take 4 plants per pound. 10 plants per pound is more like the lower, conservative limit. Given that beginners are going to lose some of their crop, shit happens, it's actually a better number to start with and darn convenient for the sake of calculations. But if you just double the figure that puts you close to optimum conditions, and even then the number he gave can't be right.

Edit: please note that in the numbers above I am talking about yield of high quality flowers, not total mass of the plant with all the leaves. Also, the plants they show hanging in the pictures are less than 4 oz each. Their pot size also does not support huge yields per plant:
IMG_3027.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom