How to extract "honey" from elbow

Tech_R6

I wanted to know how everyone was able to get that "honey" out the elbow from there EQ. I am wanting to clean mine, but i remember reading that you should save that and put it on your bud.

Tech_R6,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Tech_R6 said:
I wanted to know how everyone was able to get that "honey" out the elbow from there EQ. I am wanting to clean mine, but i remember reading that you should save that and put it on your bud.

there are a few ways...I wait until theres a decent build up on both the elbow and whip, and then use a bamboo skewer to scrape out the goo.

Check out the How to Clean Vape parts & Reclaim resin Thread

should be a good read, and give you an idea of where your going, etc.

Purpl3_Haz3,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i do it every week and save the solvent until maybe the fifth time when it's dark

warm ISO in microwave (on low low low)
shake (watch out for pressure)
save it for later, or dry onto pinch of ABV in pyrex in shallow pan of boiling water possibly with small fan directed towards outer edge of pyrex so as not to disturb the flame or burner

yes, solvent over open gas range, call me a thrill seaker, but really the vapor to air ratio couldn't ignite it with the ventilation i provide - don't do this at home unless you understand the dangers and accept the responsibility

warm ISO's the bomb

VWFringe,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
:o :lol: wow, each to their own when it comes to assessing what risks one is prepared to take, but I nearly shit myself (really!), when I read about ISO in the microwave!!!

I don't presume to know any better. But I do wonder about the build up of fumes in there with all that energy? Even low, low, low what about the circuitry? Sounds like the makings of a bomb! :lol:

So what's the story VW? Is the air/vapor extraction in the microwave actually pretty good? I think mine seems to have a fan, but dunno if it extracts well- seems to get steamy in there sometimes.

Edit: re-reading it seems it's still in the sealed bottle when you microwave it? So that would contain the fumes?

Also; don't know if it makes much difference, but my microwave doesn't actually vary the power output per se, rather the duration instead. I can tell because it interferes with one of the TVs in my house. On full power the interference is constant, on half power there are pulses of full strength RF interference about 5s on, 5 sec off maybe. And at the lowest power they are short infrequent pulses of power- 3 seconds on perhaps, followed by maybe 10 seconds off (at a guess). What I'm wondering is whether this pulse method of heating actually has a larger degree of risk than a more controlled output strength/level? If anything did go wrong with the microwave the result would likely be either full power or no power hitting the ISO. And you wouldn't really know. But if the actual microwave output level was limited then the only risk is to overcook the ISO for too long a duration.

Hmmm I know what I mean, but not sure if I've made sense. Sunday wake and bake I'm afraid :ko:

WatTyler,
Top Bottom