How to decide on the right portable e-cig type of vape for concentrates.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I am trying decide on a cartridge type of e-cig type of vaporizer or the standard style. I don’t know a lot about it and need some education. The cartridges are expensive and what else is in the liquid that might not be good for us? I don’t like harshness, I like good vapor flavor.

A few years back I bought the Dabbler and wasn’t very happy. Now looking for something discreet and flavorful. I would be willing to spend a $100 or a little more for the right small device. Hopefully over the past 2 years or so there has been some better choices for us vaporists when it comes to concentrates.

I might have put this in the wrong section. Put this where it should be @Stu if not here.

Last edited:

C No Ego

I am trying decide on a cartridge type of e-cig type of vaporizer or the standard style. I don’t know a lot about it and need some education. The cartridges are expensive and what else is in the liquid that might not be good for us? I don’t like harshness, I like good vapor flavor.

A few years back I bought the Dabbler and wasn’t very happy. Now looking for something discreet and flavorful. I would be willing to spend a $100 or a little more for the right small device. Hopefully over the past 2 years or so there has been some better choices for us vaporists when it comes to concentrates.

I might have put this in the wrong section. Put this where it should be @Stu if not here.
the two different ones I tried were super harsh. not much experience with those @ all but good luck with your search...

dynospec

I have recently gotten a eVic VTC Dual to use with cartridges of distillate that doesnt have any pg, vg peg or mct or anything like that, just distillate. Ive tried some CCELL cartridges which I like and are pretty solid, and have a different off brand one that isnt quite as good but is still not bad and works great for on the go. Can use it around people in public and they dont bat at eye, just think its a nicotine "vape".

I am also going to get some Divine Tribe stuff, they have a dry herb "attachment" and Load As You Go "LAYG" concentrate "attachments" these all have what is called 510 threads, and these are the threads that are on the eVic VTC Dual, and other box mods and also the pen style batteries. The pen style batteries work well for cartridges, some are draw activated so thats kinda neat for ease of use. I think they are pretty good, but dont get me wrong they have a ways to go before theyre perfected.

The LAYG options are known for having bigger heavier hits, while the cartridges are a little less intense, great for daytime. I forgot to add, that when the cartridges are loaded with just distillate I dont find them harsh at all unless the wattage is set way too high.

Also felt I should add, when you choose to power the cartridges or LAYG options with a box mod like the eVic line, they can have a special firmware loaded on called Arctic Fox which gives you the ability to customize it for better tastier hits, and you can make the cartridges last longer.

Forgot to also mention that you are probably best to try and find distillate that is in syringes and load that into cartridges, just make sure you are getting legitimate CCELL cartridges or other well known name brand cartridges from a trusted vendor, counterfeits are common on Ebay and other online sellers I guess.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
What about the Cloud Pen Paragon? It looked interesting. If I get something too cheap I’m afraid it won’t be any good. I need something better than the Dabbler. No good info?

PARAGONCLPEN_large.jpg

Cloud Pen

Cloud Pen Paragon Vaporizer

Perfection Comes Easy
The Cloud Pen Paragon is the first revolutionary vaporizer that comes with a built- in No Goo Jar and an air control valve for adjusting air flow. These two main features make the Paragon one of the most unique extract vaporizer on the market. The No Goo Jar is a non-stick silicon jar that sits on the bottom of the Paragon, for easy use and storage of your concentrates. The air control valve is not a new feature, but it is new in a portable extract vaporizer. You can now control the air flow of your material after it vaporizes, so you can make your experience different than anyone else. The 1100mAh built-in rechargeable battery, is a great addition that can let your vaping experience last.

Whats in the Box:
- 1 Paragon Vaporizer
- 1 Paragon Hedi Coil
- 1 Paragon Battery 1100mAh
- 1 Extra Quartz Dual Rod Coil
- 1 C-Tensil
- 1 Micro-USB Charger
- 1 Mouthpiece
- 1 Coil Cap
- 1 Adapter Base
- 1 No Goo Built-In Jar
" data-bread-crumbs="50-100;Blue;cloud-pen;feature-battery;feature-portable-pens;feature-wax-pens;Portable;Wax Pen;" data-yotpo-element-id="2" style="box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr; clear: both

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: dynospec

dynospec

Dont be deceived by how cheap some of the mods are, they are still effective devices and plus the cost is a bit inflated over the initial price since theres batteries and attachments to add on, the mod on its own wont be useful for cannabis.

With things like the unit you posted, they are sometimes pretty good and sometimes not so great. The one you posted does use atomizers that will likely burn out fairly quickly, and also it heats the concentrate by the coil being in direct contact with the concentrate, which leads to a burnt flavour that leaves much to be desired. I think if you were going to go with something like that you would be better off with one that uses a bucket that keeps the concentrate separated from the heating coil.

I think its worth looking into the nicer box mods aswell, dna makes really great chipsets I guess. the 75 or 250w ones seem most popular and depending on what you want to use them with will define how much power you need, for the cartridges for example they use very low wattage, so anything can power them pretty much. However with some of the lower resistance coils they need very high wattages and they eat through battery very quickly.

The Divine Tribe stuff has probably the best reputation for being one of the better options if you want something that is load as you go style (LAYG) ((the paragon would fall into this category). I dont have any LAYG things myeslf yet, but am going to be getting the DT v3 or maybe 2.7 havent decided yet. I have used LAYG pens before and they are alright, they work in that you can get a hit off them but all the ones Ive tried with the coil atomizers taste burnt and give not the best hits. The DT ones I am looking at getting use a ceramic bucket that is heated by a heater donut that is below the ceramic "cup" and can be swabbed out after each session to preserve the flavour much like a quartz banger.

Oh I almost forgot, if you do decide to try some Divine Tribe stuff, go to the thread and look for the guy who runs its signature for FC discount links! http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/divine-tribe-attys.14455/

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Hi @CarolKing , I've been enjoying the CCell Palm.

"Select" brand cartridges are yummy, in CA and OR

I like the total. Wait, what am I saying?!

receipt.jpg

vapepartsmart has Palm, $25. For fun, I just ordered CCell .5g cartridge and syringe, and got shipping notice within 15 minutes of order -- Fast. Gonna get distillate and fill, see if it's worth the bother. Then squirt some in Switch cups, like setting up tequila shots

ChooChooCharlie,
Top Bottom