How Should a Used Vaporizer Be Shipped?

oneone

Hey guys, just got my DBV but I'm moving back across the country soon. Should I put it in my checked baggage or should I just ship it? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks alot.

oneone,

FEAR420

oneone said:
Hey guys, just got my DBV but I'm moving back across the country soon. Should I put it in my checked baggage or should I just ship it? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks alot.
Clean everything glass in 91% iso alcohol,throw out the tubing after you scrape the vape hash out & enjoy it. Then pack it up & bring it with you. Order some new tubing and youre good to go.

FEAR420,

jordon23

Just wondering how you shipped a used vape if ou have sold one or anything? Did you have any issues doing so?

Thanks for any input in advance.

jordon23,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
You shouldnt have any issues. I just shipped my SSV and it went fine, just make sure and do the following:

-thoroughly clean the part of the vape that comes in contact with the herb using iso.
-made sure there arent any MJ or ABV particles on the unit.
-wrap any glass or breakable piece individually.

If they ask what is it say its an aromatherapy device, youre not really lying

AgentofChaos,

max

Out to lunch
If you're shipping a whip vape for repair, don't include the whip. They don't need it and that's the part that needs the vast majority of the cleaning. As long as you make an effort to clean any vape residue, a vape maker isn't going to give you any problems, nor is your unit going to get 'sniffed out' by a drug dog.

max,

1dnastrand

Account Closed
[h]Ship it, or Check it? (merged)[/h]

I realize I asked about flying with a vaporizer but I don't think I asked about shipping. I'm flying and was wondering if I have it cleaned pretty well, is it better to check the bag or ship it?

Does it even matter? Should I be worried about this since I'm just transporting the hardware not the software?

1dnastrand,

Nycdeisel

Shipping is better, but its possible to check it DEPENDING on what it is and how clean it is.

Since this thread is already started.
Would it be a good idea to check a clean, cooled PD for a domestic flight? Or would it be better just to ship it?(I have checked many a clean glass smoking pieces with no problems, however this is a bit different)

Nycdeisel,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
IMO glass is much easier to replace than a PD.

At least with shipping, you can take precautions to ensure that you get A vape back.
With flying, you are on someone elses turf playing by their rules. Too risky regardless of precautions. (IMO)

AGBeer,

Nycdeisel

Thats what I was thinking, I only ever really took cheapie china glass while flying, but now that I rarely smoke anyway, why should I have to suffer on vacation and such?

Shipping it is probably a better idea. thanks.

Nycdeisel,

vapeguy

[h]Is it safe to ship a used vaporizer? (merged)[/h]

As I mentioned in other threads I want to sell my Volcano to get an Extreme Q. Is it safe to ship my used Volcano either in the country or out of the country? Can any residual smells be a problem?

Of course I will clean it was best as I can but some smell will likely remain.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Spacenstein

IMHO, If you can still smell or see anything.. I wouldn't send it. I'm sure you can fully clean the thing out with a few tips from other Volcano owners. If not, you could also try a local in-state trade/deal, staying away from the mail.

Spacenstein,
Top Bottom