How potent can one make Coconut Oil? At what point does increasing potency give diminishing returns?

StonedCold

I have a Magical Butter that I am fond of using over the traditional double-boiler method, but its minimum amount of liquid is 2 cups. SO, I have to make 2 full cups of coconut oil at once (or mix with water then seperate i guess but not tryna do that).

I am trying to make very potent oil for using to make gummies. It's my understanding that most recipes that involve oil call for, say, 1/4 cup oil to make 24 gummies. So i need enough to make 192 gummies in the full 2 cups of oil. At 100mg of concentrate each that's about 10g of concentrate per cup of oil.

Using lecithin, should I have any problems making it this potent? Should I dilute and make bigger gummies to be more efficient and waste less?

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance FC, you all rock!

StonedCold,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I would imagine you can make them any strength you want but the flavor of the concentrate would really come through at stronger levels. And, imo, the natural inclination is to eat more than one... so unless you are making these for yourself and don't mind what they taste like, I would make them a bit weaker or make them larger so that there is more 'buffer' for the taste. :2c:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have made a few batches of coconut oil with:
1- ABV only
2- ABV and cured bud added
3- small batch with only cured bud.

The ABV only came out nice and strong, although i do not vape until it is very dark, usually very light straw color.
The ABV+Bud came out the strongest and was a crazy high!
The small batch with bud only came out okay, tasted great and was quite strong but nothing compared to #2!

I used a sauce warmer that can hold a whole jar of coconut oil.
Place the coconut oil in and turn on and wait till it is a liquid.
Add ABV until the mix is quite thick and cover, leave for a few hours and check on it.
Let it cook for a day or two and then start adding in cured bud. I added about 4 strains to mine and the mix was very thick and dark.
The longer you can leave it to sit and simmer the better and stronger it will be.
I left mine for 7 days and stirred a few times a day.

When ready get some cheesecloth and strain all the oil out.
USE GLOVES!!! otherwise you will get seriously high from the oil absorbing into your skin, don't ask how i figured this out...

Now find a gummy recipe that uses the most oil and go to town!

Get ready for a great trip and make sure to clear your whole day!

Oh and my oil, once added to the brownies, tasted just like brownies! No weed taste or ABV taste at all!

HomeFree

I usually do 1 gram of extract for 4 oz of coconut oil or butter when working with extract. sometimes up to 1.5, but 1 gram and 4 oz are nice easy numbers to work with. It is likely not potent enough for gummies though, unless you want to eat a bunch. Too potent and it will want to separate.

I stick to stuff like muffins, cookies, anything with a fat source. Gummies have never really worked well for me, takes a lot more. YMMV though! I'm not sure if it is the gelatin or not enough fat but they don't work well for me at all. I did not use lecithin, and maybe that is the secret with gummies. The pre made drinks are the same. same with some jello I tried.

I would love to make some whipped cream with cannabis extract in it! Yum! Would go good on some jello.

HomeFree,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I was curious to how much concentrate one should use while cooking......I've only ever made batches of Coconut Oil, like half a small mason jar to an ounce of AVB. Seems to come out decent, but the stuff I make with it always puts me to sleep

Have a family reunion in July, looking to make something potent. I usually have concentrate on hand, just unsure of how much I should use..... .1-.2 per "dose"? I probably would only make up a batch of Coconut Oil for whatever recipe I decide........either some cookies, or some peanut butter fudge. Probably would make a dozen cookies or split the fudge into 12 pieces. 2 grams too much? I feel like it would be. 1 seems like too little. Probably would split the difference. And I assume I could just cook it with the Coconut oil in a hot water bath for a few hours and it would work just like AVB in that regard? Use that infused oil in my dish for good results?

The food would really only be for me, maybe one or two light weights. I know all these things are variable and hard to tell if it will be too much or too little, but I have never cooked with concentrates.

HellsWindStaff,

sickmanfraud

I can not speak to the how much is too much cannabis to oil ratio, but I can mention how concentrated I personally have made oil.

Over at GrassCity there is a Tincture thread called : Another Tincture Thread Try it You'll like it. One of the numerous items it describes is one Called Dragon Oil.

I have made Dragon Oil (a more bioavailable form of RSO) to a concentration of 1 gram of cannabis to 1 ml of coconut oil.

Top Bottom