• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How often do you guys vape, and why do you vape?

Konrad_Zuse

I was just curious as to how often do you guys vape, and why do you vape? I used to vape 2x a day, packing about 1/4 to 1/2 an elbow each time. Now, since last week, I've started to just pack a few packs each time, so I'm pretty out of it. I've noticed my goodies are running out though, so I should do the 2x a day again, I think my tolerance went up as well. Also for me I've noticed I just like to vape, it's not the fact I'm getting high, we all love that, I just like getting vapor, and the nice tastes :). I don't think I would vape anything else, unless it tasted good. I got some chamomile with my vape order from vapeworld.com and it wasn't that good :(. But what about you guys?

Konrad_Zuse,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
2-3 times per night, except on Fridays where I vape once an hour for 8 hours or so. As to why vaping? I quit smoking Jan/99 and don't see any reason to restart. Although in it's 'youngish' stage, vaporization technology has matured enough so that it is a satisfactory alternative to smoking.

Tom

tdavie,

lwien

Every night.

Conserve bud.
Wanted to consume less toxins.
Taste.

lwien,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Depends on what I have planned for the day. If I have nothing important to do, I'll usually vape throughout the day usually having a few stems. If I have something to do, I vape at night and will have a big session.

I vape for relaxation. It beats out smoking by a mile. No nasty burnouts.

quomist,

Konrad_Zuse

Nice, at least I'm not the only one who does it daily, haha. I should requestion my post. I meant do you vape to get high, or to enjoy it, or what? I know most, if not all vape to not smoke, and to conserve, but is there any other reason than to get high? Like I said I like the vapor and taste when I do it, so sometimes I'll put more in :).

Konrad_Zuse,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Konrad_Zuse said:
Nice, at least I'm not the only one who does it daily, haha. I should requestion my post. I meant do you vape to get high, or to enjoy it, or what? I know most, if not all vape to not smoke, and to conserve, but is there any other reason than to get high? Like I said I like the vapor and taste when I do it, so sometimes I'll put more in :).
I always love topping up just to get a fresh taste. The end of bowls always taste so stale and spent.

quomist,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Konrad_Zuse said:
Ah, makes sense to me now! :) Mon-Thurs and Sun I vape so that I actually make it through the following day at work, in terms of anxiety (I haven't used Valium in quite a while). Also for the ability to have dexterity in my fingers (they simply hurt too much if I haven't used the previous night).

Now, on Fridays and Saturdays it's mostly for enjoyment.

Tom

tdavie,

SimonC

If I'm working from home, I have the vape on all day and usually alternate between vaping and smoking. To answer the second question, I consume Canna, because it's less intrusive than Prozak, it helps me to organize my thoughts, it lessens my Asthma, and I plain ol' love the effect. :)

Simon

SimonC,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Several times each day ... extensive product testing ... it's just a job ... j/k

Hippie Dickie,
Everyday, once to three times a day. I do it to medicate, and for just the sheer pleasure of it. I have to be careful now, because after I got my WDZ, it became too easy to vape way more than 3 times a day. -S.L.
Edited to add- I also vape instead of smoke, because it's a lot less offensive to the non-smokers/tokers that I live with.

SkeletonLips,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im pretty much the same as most everyone here. I vape for pain relief and relaxation/destress as well.
Yeah, every day (sometimes Im vaked all day - specially on weekends) Otherwise its usually an evening activity.

I LOVE vaping cause it tastes good, and the high is more enjoyable. I sometimes like to smoke a bowl or two just to remind myself as to why I quit combusting in the first place.

AGBeer,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Same as AGBeer minus the smoking part , all day , all night , everyday , every night

Samsquanch,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I vape mostly because I have nothing better to do, it feels great and I have become very stubborn to smoke, but until I get some money for a portable, sometimes a quick burn is nice to make it through a whole movie or some event like that. I used to smoke every other weekend, all weekend, then when I got the vape it was a slow progression towards more frequent use. Now, it is about 2-3 times during the week and weekends usually get their fill. To further my "why" category, the city I live in is built for old people, there is at least 2 senior homes, a senior center and so forth within a mile radius of each other, it keeps me sane, and a lot of the time is to relax and reinforce my peace of mind, and sometimes I just want to philosophize.

The_Other_Shoe,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
i like the delta 9 head buzz. with vaporization at low temps 160c it is a nice clear buzz if you need the couch lock butter up a gm and lick the spoon:)

jackstraw62,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I started using a vape for health reasons. I was noticing a really nasty smokers cough developing, and some tightness in my chest. I've been smoking for 40+ years, and it was to the point of quitting or finding an alternative method. I sounded like someone who drinks whiskey and smokes cigs. and has for years. I wasn't about to quit my "meddy" so I started vaping and am so glad I made the switch. Frankly, I don't know why I didn't know about this method sooner. It's cleared up the majority of my coughing already and I feel so much better.

I am retired, so I have the leisure of vaping all day, every day. It helps tremendously with my pain. It doesn't make it go away, just distracts me from it and makes it easier to deal with.;) As soon as I realize that my buzz has worn off, it's up to the vape lounge for me.

I'm still in the learning curve with vaping, so I'm still trying to figure out what the right daily amount is. Seems like I'm going through alot of herb right now as I adjust to the difference in buzz (or until the novelty of something new wears off). I will say that I don't miss the couch lock though!

And here I thought I was a fiend! Nice to know there are so many of us out there.

momofthegoons,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
A better question to ask would be, "Why in the world wouldn't you vape?" I vape for a variety of reasons, mostly just to relax and keep myself sane as well as it makes for a nice social gathering. I find that weed just brings people together, it helps me to meet new people at school :lol: I also have found that vaping clears up my migranes better than anything else (I was rear ended in Septermber of '08 and I have daily pain all over my back).

Who wouldn't want a cleaner smoke that is far more efficient?

ioright,

ShatterWulf

How much and often depends on the day. On a day like today, school's out, no work; I'll slowly tug through vape bowls all day. But if I've got things to do, I'll vape some in the morning before leaving the house, maybe one more bowl after getting home, and a few more after I finish with everything I have to do for the day.

I vape because smoking has taken too much of a toll on my lungs. To get more into the why; I vape to help me deal with my back pain, the whole bottom of my spine never really finished developing so I deal with constant pain, and to prescribe enough opiates to deal with my pain is prescribing me an opiate addiction, so I prefer to deal with medicine that doesn't have such mal-effects on my health.

ShatterWulf,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i vape for several reasons, glaucoma.... PTSD.... Also it is a much better alternative to smoking.
i also do it socially, and because... It makes me feel good.

DevoTheStrange,

Monsoon

Daily after work, minimum 2x 0.2g bowls unless I have edibles. On my days off I vape when I want, so maybe 4-5 bowls a day.

I vape for several reasons. Vaping is much easier on my throat, mouth and lungs than smoking, and on average I need half as much. I find it easier for accurate dosing the the temperature setting on the Extreme-Q makes it easier to replicate the results. More specifically, I vape for medicinal reasons. It helps to relax me which in turn helps my anxiety and depression, makes me think better, sleep easier and helps reduce my muscle pain.

Monsoon,

GreenLeaf

I vape to get the strong psychedelic effects of THC and because I do not like how inhaling hot pot smoke effects my mouth, throat, and lungs.

I just got into vaping and even when I was into combusting I really did not do it daily that much except for a rare few days in the summer or one month in the summer when I was in college and it was better than drinking lots of booze daily.

I'm going to keep my vaping to a few times a year since when I use herb daily it does seem to lose the magic and it is not as enjoyable to me.

Likewise when I get into eating duff with only CBD/CBN in it I plan on using that with a friend a few times a year if he's up for it.

GreenLeaf,

gb902

Vaporog
GreenLeaf said:
[...] I'm going to keep my vaping to a few times a year since when I use herb daily it does seem to lose the magic and it is not as enjoyable to me.[...]
How can you resist? Don't get me wrong, I'm not addicted to it, I can stay for long times without it and I don't feel the need, but... a few times a year would be too few for me, why can't you vape 1 or 2 times a week? I am trying this way and it's great to me, zero tolerance (for now) and powerful enjoyable effects every time I do.

gb902,

GreenLeaf

gb902 said:
GreenLeaf said:
[...] I'm going to keep my vaping to a few times a year since when I use herb daily it does seem to lose the magic and it is not as enjoyable to me.[...]
How can you resist? Don't get me wrong, I'm not addicted to it, I can stay for long times without it and I don't feel the need, but... a few times a year would be too few for me, why can't you vape 1 or 2 times a week? I am trying this way and it's great to me, zero tolerance (for now) and powerful enjoyable effects every time I do.
I just recently got into using THC again.

I hadn't used anything related to herb at all in 5 years and I'd been involved with jobs that drug test. I was in a relationship with my ex boyfriend who personally was not into smoking and I really was not either for the few years I had been with him. We had an open relationship and the other few people I dated besides him were not into smoking herb at all either so it wasn't something I was around. I'm not complaining since I do not PNP (party and play) and I prefer dating people who do not PNP either even if it's just with booze and herb.

I have friends that do smoke but they only smoke when someone else has it only one friend that smokes actually goes out gets his own, and isn't actually a scavenger smoker as they're called.

I get very busy with life and work and while vaping is fun I don't like to get high daily even when I was into smoking I'd only attempt smoking daily for a week or even a month in the summer and it wasn't as fun as smoking once a month or a few times a month.

Even as a late teenager/young adult, when I got into smoking just on weekends I did not like having a tolerance. In the wintertime I basically would stop smoking since I figured it would be good to take a break.

I never did drive while or after smoking/vaping and that's not something I would personally want to do. There were only a few times before when I smoked when I could actually see just how people can smoke and drive but again I know many people who flat out refuse to drive when they are high even if they vape or just eat herb.

I personally don't vape when I have to work the next day so that leaves just weekends.

I find that for myself the less often I smoke/vape the more enjoyable it is. More subtitles come out with the high, and I wind up saving plant material and keeping my tolerance very low.

I have taken a fair amount of psychedelics over the years, some would say a lot but I don't consider it to be that much and either they made THC more psychedelic or I somehow did and I prefer it when it's psychedelic and not a regular thing that you're used to. When I would smoke as an adult I enjoyed smoking once or a few times a month and getting so high it seemed like reality was tilted or I couldn't even move.

Anyway, that's why I'm going to keep my vaping to either several times a year or once a month.

GreenLeaf,

gb902

Vaporog
The most important thing is that you can control and regulate yourself, usually I vape on Friday night and another day during the week. I don't want to vape daily just because I know that tolerance goes too high, and the daily high is not as enjoyable and powerful as the occasional high.

gb902,
gb902 said:
The most important thing is that you can control and regulate yourself, usually I vape on Friday night and another day during the week. I don't want to vape daily just because I know that tolerance goes too high, and the daily high is not as enjoyable and powerful as the occasional high.
Got to disagree on that one.

Maybe if you are just vaping recreationally that is the case, but those of us who do so for relief from physical maladies have learned how to adjust for best performance. I get just as much effect although I vape several times a day, every day. I have also been partaking for 35+ years.

Howie Feltersnatch,
Top Bottom