How often do you change bong water?

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Ive been meaning to ask this for some time. I like to switch out my water when i dab every time i sesh some shatter, same for my bong I use for my vapeXhale.

Ive also noticed when my piece gets dirty I find I cough a lot more too, maybe built up residual oils? Anyways a cleaner bong is always smoother for me.

What do you guys think?

CanadianFlowers,
Reactions: steama

Alexis

Ive been meaning to ask this for some time. I like to switch out my water when i dab every time i sesh some shatter, same for my bong I use for my vapeXhale.

Ive also noticed when my piece gets dirty I find I cough a lot more too, maybe built up residual oils? Anyways a cleaner bong is always smoother for me.

What do you guys think?
I believe there is an identical thread to this somewhere in this section already, with a poll. If you go back through the pages you may find it.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I answer this question to myself by asking another question.When you vaporize trough water pipe you inhale small particles of the water that is inside... Some people think it is gross to drink bongwater yet they dont realize that this is happening all the time in microdoses ,so they dont change they water even daily..If it was a drinking glass how often would i wash it and do i want fresh water or i prefer water that has been inside for a while.. especially having in mind that there is much more biomass in a waterpipe than in a drinkin glass

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I answer this question to myself by asking another question.When you vaporize trough water pipe you inhale small particles of the water that is inside... Some people think it is gross to drink bongwater yet they dont realize that this is happening all the time in microdoses ,so they dont change they water even daily..If it was a drinking glass how often would i wash it and do i want fresh water or i prefer water that has been inside for a while.. especially having in mind that there is much more biomass in a waterpipe than in a drinkin glass
Clean your water rig's once a day if flavor is a ISSUE?

Everybody has a different need!

Abysmal Vapor

Well i am not saying that some germs will kill you ,but since some people have health issues and weak immune systems i suggest keep things as clean as possible , . I had to undergo a dental operation which involved implant of 1 gram of artificial bone due to some sloppy dental work in my teenage years...Things heal very slow in the mouth area and wounds dont close fast as superficial ones... It really worsens my overall condition and feeling in my mouth if i vape trough dirty water. Even after i am fully healed i would never go a step back in water pipe hygiene... just because it delivers also a better experience.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well i am not saying that some germs will kill you ,but since some people have health issues and weak immune systems i suggest keep things as clean as possible , . I had to undergo a dental operation which involved implant of 1 gram of artificial bone due to some sloppy dental work in my teenage years...Things heal very slow in the mouth area and wounds dont close fast as superficial ones... It really worsens my overall condition and feeling in my mouth if i vape trough dirty water. Even after i am fully healed i would never go a step back in water pipe hygiene... just because it delivers also a better experience.
I'm called a clean freak!
I get it!

howie105

What do you guys think?

I clean my glass after every session which is totally opposite from my combustion days.:hmm:

Abysmal Vapor

Right?? Lol
Right on the point ! Combustion is just a matter of low hygiene . Passing around the same doobie ,inhaling askes and smokin it to the cardboard which is dyed with printer ink.
All that dirty water shit is just a left over habit from before the conversion. Since vaporizing brings you to the healthier side of things ,i suggest not holding back the evolution and take it to the next level..
Clean airpath vaporizer made from quality and safe materials combined with clean,organic herb and clean water tool is the way to go forward IMO.. :)

Abysmal Vapor

I remembered this post from a few weeks (actually days) ago:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/piece-water.23262/
If you don’t want to clean it every day...this is an alternative.
Well i dont see how this would prevent breeding of bacteria ... even if it keeps walls shinier.
Also it say it cannot be ingested which is almost impossible ,considering the microscopic droplets that arise from percolation and such.
How are those mist droplets safe to inhale if the piece water is not safe to ingest ? Also it is not happened just once when i put a bit more water and i end with a mouthful,especially with tiny pieces :))...
If one has applied solution X on his hands that keeps them clean and then wipes his ass after that,will you not wash your hands ,just because they dont look dirty ?

Last edited:

Greenscreen

Have to religiously clean mine
Seems to get this certain smell that doesn't occur with combustion based bong water

Like an eggy sulphury smell .

It's annoying having to change the water after every vape ; And clean with iso and salt twice a day
But rather that then have dirty water and this smell.

I also once a week will use a bit of dish soap and white wine vinegar with incredibly hot water.

Does anyone else notice this smell with vape water or do I need a new piece?

Also notice when the water is in need of a change it fizzes / bubbles differently immediately after drawing in on the inhale

I guess it's where the water has more density due to the intake of oil?

TastyClouds

Based on my use, I normally change it out once a day. Sometimes once every 2 days if im seshing light. Normally the smell test tells me when its time, when I get that sour popcorny cooked herb smell. Or if I notice it affecting the taste when I dry pull, I clean the peace.

I use cranberry extract though so reclaim never really builds up on the walls of the glass and a hotwater rinse gets it 90% clean so I use just a little bit of ISO and Dawn to finish the job and get the glass Minty clean. Its not really that much effort at all to get the best taste out of the herb I'm already shelling out good money for and its easier on my lungs for some reason.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I don't use my bongs every day, it's a once in a while enhancement for me, but I always rinse and change the water before use.
I use filtered water in my glass pieces, and sometimes i'll add just one drop of peppermint essential oil because it's the only essential oil I have at present. Orange or vanilla I imagine would be nice.

Greenscreen

I love this forum as it has given me futuristic pointers over and over again.

Cranberry extract sounds a good idea.. where did that idea come from?
Just had 2 drops of peppermint oil in the bong water
Completely different experience with that involvement and obviously no bad odors!

Genuinely thanks very much.. simple ideas but never would have thought of them

Robert-in-YEG

I don't use my bong every day, but I would say a couple of times a day.

Generally speaking, I am a germaphope. Everything tastes best to be after the second vape. I clean, I enjoy, and then I continue until I get the urge to clean again.

Robert-in-YEG

“Being a germaphobe is a trait I share with Nikola Tesla.”
― Steven Magee

CANtalk

Lots of aggressive cleaning! Interesting read.

Wow @Greenscreen, crazy aggressive cleaning schedule. And I thought I was into super clean! No smells with mine and my routine over a few years now, but they've never gotten very dirty. Have you thought of PBW instead of ISO? It's better, stronger, faster and cheaper (but it has to be mixed accurately). I've done both 99% ISO and PBW and PBW is hands-down a more aggressive cleaner. Strong enough that it will take anodizing off aluminum :science:! Still mild enough that a bit of solution handling with no gloves is okay.

Wow @letter never sent, every session! Interesting. Wow @ all the other daily changers. It makes sense though. Fwiw, my routine has been to change water after three days of use (~10 sessions), which also corresponds to once a week for me (I only vape Friday after work through Sunday). Dabbing can really taint water, so sometimes I change the water after dabbing. I always use distilled water as well. And I clean my water pieces after the same 3 days of use, which again means weekly. PBW and hot water mixed and shaken @ ~1/2 volume in a water piece, then rinsed X3 (plus a dw rinse X3).

My overall vape setup and vaping/dabbing routine is really clean. Whole vapor path parts cleaning after three days of use, ultrasonic cleaner, PBW, etc. Fast & simple too. My biggest problem is the herb grinder 🤔.

Doin' it dirty bong style here!
https://www.reddit.com/r/holdmycosmo/comments/rhz7sr
:peace: :leaf:

Top Bottom