1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you change bong water?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by CanadianFlowers, Jun 6, 2018.

1. CanadianFlowers

CanadianFlowers Vapor Enthusiast

Ive been meaning to ask this for some time. I like to switch out my water when i dab every time i sesh some shatter, same for my bong I use for my vapeXhale.

Ive also noticed when my piece gets dirty I find I cough a lot more too, maybe built up residual oils? Anyways a cleaner bong is always smoother for me.

What do you guys think?

steama likes this.
  2. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

I believe there is an identical thread to this somewhere in this section already, with a poll. If you go back through the pages you may find it.

CanadianFlowers, Jill NYC and steama like this.
  3. Alexis

Alexis Well-Known Member

4. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

I answer this question to myself by asking another question.When you vaporize trough water pipe you inhale small particles of the water that is inside... Some people think it is gross to drink bongwater yet they dont realize that this is happening all the time in microdoses ,so they dont change they water even daily..If it was a drinking glass how often would i wash it and do i want fresh water or i prefer water that has been inside for a while.. especially having in mind that there is much more biomass in a waterpipe than in a drinkin glass

5. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Clean your water rig's once a day if flavor is a ISSUE?

Everybody has a different need!

6. Abysmal Vapor

Well i am not saying that some germs will kill you ,but since some people have health issues and weak immune systems i suggest keep things as clean as possible , . I had to undergo a dental operation which involved implant of 1 gram of artificial bone due to some sloppy dental work in my teenage years...Things heal very slow in the mouth area and wounds dont close fast as superficial ones... It really worsens my overall condition and feeling in my mouth if i vape trough dirty water. Even after i am fully healed i would never go a step back in water pipe hygiene... just because it delivers also a better experience.

7. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I'm called a clean freak!
    I get it!

almost there and steama like this.
  8. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

I clean my glass after every session which is totally opposite from my combustion days.:hmm:

steama, ataxian and CanadianFlowers like this.
  9. CanadianFlowers

You guys are awesome! Haha sorry about the repost, I have yet to see the other thread

I would also like to add that after letting my bong get gunky with vape resin, I find it to smell like mold?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  10. CanadianFlowers

Right?? Lol

steama and ataxian like this.
  11. Abysmal Vapor

Right on the point ! Combustion is just a matter of low hygiene . Passing around the same doobie ,inhaling askes and smokin it to the cardboard which is dyed with printer ink.
    All that dirty water shit is just a left over habit from before the conversion. Since vaporizing brings you to the healthier side of things ,i suggest not holding back the evolution and take it to the next level..
    Clean airpath vaporizer made from quality and safe materials combined with clean,organic herb and clean water tool is the way to go forward IMO.. :)

12. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

ataxian and CanadianFlowers like this.
  13. Abysmal Vapor

Well i dont see how this would prevent breeding of bacteria ... even if it keeps walls shinier.
    Also it say it cannot be ingested which is almost impossible ,considering the microscopic droplets that arise from percolation and such.
    How are those mist droplets safe to inhale if the piece water is not safe to ingest ? Also it is not happened just once when i put a bit more water and i end with a mouthful,especially with tiny pieces :))...
    If one has applied solution X on his hands that keeps them clean and then wipes his ass after that,will you not wash your hands ,just because they dont look dirty ?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  14. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

When it looks dirty

CanadianFlowers likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors