• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How much do you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbalist

Hi all.

I was just wondering how much you guys go through in any given time period.

I'm just about to graduate to vaping after years of smoking bongs and was wondering if there was any discernible drop in the amount used? Specifically, have those of you who smoke hardcore noticed a drop in consumption since vaping or vice versa?

I have tried looking around to get an idea, but I couldn't locate much hard data to say if peoples smoking habits were affected by the change in delivery.

With bongs I go through about 1 oz a month. About 40-50 bongs a day.
Obviously this can't be good for me, so anything less coupled with no combustion will be a bonus.

Yeah, I know I'm a dope fiend, but it's who I am... :science:

I'd appreciate you sharing your experiences, and once I get my vape (Arizer Extreme) and have some practical fact based data to correlate, I'll let you all know mine.

Herbalist,

max

Out to lunch
My personal experience won't help you. My tolerance for smoke was low by the time I discovered vapor. But most people say they use less with a vape. Vaporizers, like different ways of smoking, vary in their efficiency, but the Extreme will do a good job for you. Filling bags is especially efficient, since heat and air flow are steady and consistent, and with bag hits you always know how much you're getting. As a bong user you'll probably prefer whip hits though. ;)

max,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
I definitely use less vaporizing . Bonging I would have been going through 2 oz . a month . I share quite a bit though . I have 4 people that work their asses off for me ,so I lay the pot on most days.

I would be using a half oz. a month less at a rough guess . When I started vaping the others would still choose to bong , but gradually they have all come around & now it is just vapor. So at that rate I have got all my money back from what I spent on vaporizers , & am saving the equivalent of between $150-$200 a month !:lol:

ozwiz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You smoke 40-50 bowls a day? :ninja:

Technically, vaporizing is more efficient than combustion. So... if you really want to conserve you can. But as others mentioned, the taste and effect are so good that it's hard not to indulge. ;)

Check out this thread too.

vtac,

Herbalist

Thanks for the nfo so far guys.

Filling bags is especially efficient
It's good to know that, as the thought of ballons really appealed to me. For some reason it really tickled my fancy... I just wasn't sure about efficiency, that's one of the reasons I went for a dual delivery vape. So... good to know.

I would be using a half oz. a month less at a rough guess
Also very good news.
I guess you wouldn't say I'm counting on saving any $$$, but it would definitely be a nice side effect of vaping... :lol:

Thanks for the thread link, vtac... I must have been more or less wasted to have missed it...

You smoke 40-50 bowls a day?
You make it sound like a bad thing :lol::lol:

Yeah, there about.
I like to keep topped up throughout the day. :science::brow:

Herbalist,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think you will use a bit less at first, as the high is different. It comes on a little slower and lasts longer and is more heady. From what I've read, this is due to the contaminants you are not inhaling when vaporizing. But your first few times are gonna rock your world heavy.

One of my relatives is a heavy smoker that had a volcano for a while. She said there still is nothing like a good bong hit and has gone back to smoking. That was before I got my Extreme. I don't think she understood why it was different, so if you feel like there are things in the bong hit you miss, give ti s little more time. I believe you will never want to go back, whether it be sooner or later.

And to answer your question, I go through about a 1/4 a month...I'm a night smoker only. I was using a lot less when using the bag, and am now about the same using the whip. I may go back to bags soon for efficiency's sake, but I can't resist those thick whip hits!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
She said there still is nothing like a good bong hit
I have a theory that bong lovers are the hardest to convert to vaping (hope you don't prove that out Herbalist :lol: ). I liken vaping to savoring a fine wine, while hitting a bong is more like chugging a beer. People that can easily take those big bong hits may feel like they're getting nothing with a vapor hit.

I may go back to bags soon for efficiency's sake, but I can't resist those thick whip hits!
Me neither. ;) Your relative may well have a higher opinion of the whip than the bag too. That's the nice thing about the Extreme-versatility. :tup:

max,

spyder

max said:
I have a theory that bong lovers are the hardest to convert to vaping (hope you don't prove that out Herbalist :lol: ). I liken vaping to savoring a fine wine, while hitting a bong is more like chugging a beer. People that can easily take those big bong hits may feel like they're getting nothing with a vapor hit.
I loved the bong hits... now I use my extreme hooked up to the bong... SO MUCH BETTER... granted I needed to modify the extreme to get it a little hotter to get those think hits.

To answer the question, herbalist... I think if you are a heavy smoker... nothing will change...

You will use less to get to where you want to be....but it TASTE so good... You use the vape more...which means you use about the same amount..

If you stopped once you were "good"... you would use allot less..

:2c:

spyder,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I agree with spyder. I'm a heavy smoker ... prolly pretty close to your consumption herbalist and I dont think my consumption has changed with vapping. Infact I wouldn't mind betting I use a little more green initially because I love vapor (whip) hits (and thats coming from an ex-bonger). But I'm left with a lot of brown vapped product that can be re-vapped at a higher temp ... this I have tried and I still got some nice creamy hits and I also made some anzac cookies the other day that get me nicely wacked. So you sort of get to use the product twice which is real nice.

vaporcloud,

Spiderman

oil baron
I dunno...i smoke on average about an ounce a week, definitly with room for more. I really do love the high my vape gives me, and its veyr clean, and very tasty, but i think that a green bong hit has a more acute taste than the first whip hit does. Bong hits you can pack just one, vape hits its a whole lot harder too. And as the vape bowl gets hit, that stale popcorn taste starts to overpowre the taste of the herb.

Personally, when it comes to really savoring a great bud, i reach for the bong instead of the vape. I can pack a single hit of green weed, smoke it, and pack a fresh, perfectly delicious hit. With the vape, i get one or two decent hits, then I'm stuck cleanin up the scraps.

Vaping is more efficient? Thats one way of looking at it.....

Spiderman,

spyder

forgot to mention that point...

You use the product twice...

I'll vape a bowl then take the vaped "product" and make a couple firecrackers to eat out of it

spyder,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Spiderman said:
I dunno...i smoke on average about an ounce a week, definitly with room for more. I really do love the high my vape gives me, and its veyr clean, and very tasty, but i think that a green bong hit has a more acute taste than the first whip hit does. Bong hits you can pack just one, vape hits its a whole lot harder too. And as the vape bowl gets hit, that stale popcorn taste starts to overpowre the taste of the herb.

Personally, when it comes to really savoring a great bud, i reach for the bong instead of the vape. I can pack a single hit of green weed, smoke it, and pack a fresh, perfectly delicious hit. With the vape, i get one or two decent hits, then I'm stuck cleanin up the scraps.

Vaping is more efficient? Thats one way of looking at it.....
Great post spyder. A bong is more accurate and you get to savour the flavour and not have to push the product to draw all the goodness as you do with a vap. Thats why I tend to take 3 or 4 hits on a whip and then discard the material for use in cookies and a re-vap when times are tough.

The problem with bongs is to get the flavour the glass has to be clean. All the tar ash and left over crap coats the insides of the bong and I got sick of the mess it takes cleaning them. A vap is a clean hit and whats left is clean by product. No ash, no tar no foul sticky shit. Thats a huge winner for me!

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Spiderman said:
I can pack a single hit of green weed, smoke it, and pack a fresh, perfectly delicious hit. With the vape, i get one or two decent hits, then I'm stuck cleanin up the scraps.
Totally agree that the first couple hits are the tastiest in a vape, though it's the same in a combustion bong, so hard to fault the vape. I try to evenly cook it all in 1 or 2 delicious thick hits and reload before the popcorn taste starts. I don't know how the fuck some people are reporting shit like 86 hits from 0.5g (@ 2:40 in the vid). :uhoh:

It's kind of hard to dump a bowl of herb that is still pretty much green, but it's reusable for cooking or whatever, so that should be counted toward efficiency as well.

:2c: :leaf:

vtac,

Herbalist

Sorry about the huge post... Thanks everyone! So much nfo.

One of my relatives is a heavy smoker that had a volcano for a while. She said there still is nothing like a good bong hit and has gone back to smoking.
I could see that being the case for some people. You can addicted to the feel of a lung bursting toke. I have seen a lot of slightly used Volcanos for sale on eBay. Maybe they were bongers.

I have a theory that bong lovers are the hardest to convert to vaping (hope you don't prove that out Herbalist :lol: ).
Yeah, me too max! That would suck... Especially after forking out all that $$$. :rolleyes::D

I liken vaping to savoring a fine wine, while hitting a bong is more like chugging a beer.
Very nice metaphor.
So if I smoke like I drink, then it seems I'll be most likely vaping then punctuating it with bongs.

To answer the question, herbalist... I think if you are a heavy smoker... nothing will change...
Respect. It's good to not have any preconceptions. Thanks.

If you stopped once you were "good"... you would use allot less..
Story of my life... :lol:

I'm left with a lot of brown vapped product that can be re-vapped at a higher temp ... this I have tried and I still got some nice creamy hits and I also made some anzac cookies the other day that get me nicely wacked. So you sort of get to use the product twice which is real nice.
I'd forgotten all about that aspect.
I love baking, but could never justify using the herb. I think that's about to change!!
Now I'm even more psyched!

And as the vape bowl gets hit, that stale popcorn taste starts to overpowre the taste of the herb.

Personally, when it comes to really savoring a great bud, i reach for the bong instead of the vape.

I can pack a single hit of green weed, smoke it, and pack a fresh, perfectly delicious hit. With the vape, i get one or two decent hits, then I'm stuck cleanin up the scraps.
Hmmm... I can totally see where you're coming from on this one. I've been using a pipe for the past week to give my lungs a break, and I noticed the exact same issue. One or two nice hits, then it's scrapsville. Yech!:ko:

A vap is a clean hit and whats left is clean by product. No ash, no tar no foul sticky shit. Thats a huge winner for me!
Definitely! Me too.

I don't know how the fuck some people are reporting shit like 86 hits from 0.5g
WTF!? Those hits sound more like they were love taps :/

Thanks again everyone.

tl:dr

Herbalist,

ozwiz

max said:

I may go back to bags soon for efficiency's sake, but I can't resist those thick whip hits!
Me neither. ;) Your relative may well have a higher opinion of the whip than the bag too. That's the nice thing about the Extreme-versatility. :tup:
I was 30-40 cones a day before I started vaporizing . Now I wouldn't go near a cone . That 's why I got the couple of portables as well , always a vape within easy reach !:lol:

ozwiz,

spyder

I was 30-40 cones a day before I started vaporizing . Now I wouldn't go near a cone . That 's why I got the couple of portables as well , always a vape within easy reach !:lol:
That is the only draw back... Once you go vape you won't want to go back...

I had been vaping for about a month and went to spark a bowl like ole times... AWEFUL!!! I don't know how I did before... my mouth tasted like I had licked an ashtray... YUCK!! :uhoh:

spyder,

max

Out to lunch
I had been vaping for about a month and went to spark a bowl like ole times... AWEFUL!!! I don't know how I did before... my mouth tasted like I had licked an ashtray... YUCK!!
Yeah, that was me too. The smoke smell too-my wife held on to smoking for a little while until I fully converted her to vapor, and the little bit of smoke she exhaled (she took very small hits) made me want to leave the room. It's a big difference if you're not a tobacco smoker.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
max said:
I had been vaping for about a month and went to spark a bowl like ole times... AWEFUL!!! I don't know how I did before... my mouth tasted like I had licked an ashtray... YUCK!!
Yeah, that was me too. The smoke smell too-my wife held on to smoking for a little while until I fully converted her to vapor, and the little bit of smoke she exhaled (she took very small hits) made me want to leave the room. It's a big difference if you're not a tobacco smoker.
touche! Licking an ashtray is how I described it too. Last combustion for me was 5 weeks ago at a gig before I got my genie. Now I'm portable and should never need to combust again. And I introduced a mate to the VG last night. He has a vaporite vap and reckons he prefers the genie. He is new to vapping but is a big 'pipe' man and just loved the VG. He's a builder and put a shower in for me 3 months ago but hasn't finsihed it completely. I'm going to order him a genie to kick start him into finishing off the shower :cool:

vaporcloud,

ozwiz

I had 1 toke on a joint I got offered tonight , took it out of habit , second time round I knocked it back. . How did I ever bong so much ,for so long?:/

Thank our lucky stars for vaporizers!:lol:

ozwiz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
^^

That was probably the hardest part of the habit to break. When someone passes you a joint it's so hard not to reach out and take it. I used to just smoke it like a cigar but man that leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. Hard to believe I just typed that... but now it's vapor all the way!

To stay on topic, this week I vaped maybe 0.5g/day personal. Enough for morning afternoon and night!

vtac,

tokinGLX

back when i smoked, i needed at least 2 grams to get any kind of high. so that meant any time i sat down in front of the bong, i knew id be going through AT LEAST a gram to get me warmed up. and i sat down in front of the bong often.
(':

now that i am a vaper, i will go through a gram to gram and a half a day. that usually equates to the bowl being loaded all day, and hit whenever i really remember to think about it.

there are days where friends will come over and we will usually go through a gram or two(got to get a good taste for all of the strains we have on hand) and that is really where you notice a difference in the usage.

plainly put, a .2 bowl is about my norm for sucking in to myself to achieve "highness" from a baseline
(':
if i am just coming home from work, or im all pissed off/worked up about something, it might take a couple bowls, but rarely(if friends arent around) can i make it past 3 bowls before completely stoning out and entirely forgetting what i was mad about.

tokinGLX,

Herbalist

Thanks for all your nfo guys.

if i am just coming home from work, or im all pissed off/worked up about something
I was browsing thru YouTube and saw you 'hitting' your vape :p THAT'S strength of conviction!

Ok... The verdict is in...
I'm gonna use a whole lot more weed vaping, at least to begin with!
It's so clean that I could vape all day. Yesterday I vaped through about 1.5g in 10 hours.

The amount I'll use though is gonna depend greatly on the bud. I've got some really chunky compressed little nugs at the moment which look half weight but weigh full... I'm sure you know the kind :p
Anyway, I had a lighter fluffier bud left over from my last batch and tried that and got a heaps better result by volume.

I get about 6-8 bags per .5 grams of creamy vapor. Nice!

Whatever the case, regardless of how much I end up using, it's well worth the transition.

How did I ever bong so much ,for so long?
I hear ya, buddy! :/

Herbalist,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Heheh... Thanks everyone. There's no turning back now. I knew that first hit!!

I can't believe it took me this long to start vaping :doh:

Whatever the case, regardless of how much I end up using, it's well worth the transition.
Whenever I read posts like this it makes me happy. :)

Yep, it's really easy to vape through a ton of herb. With none of the combustion poison byproducts or harshness, you can tear through it really fast. And get extremely medicated. :ko:

vtac,

Herbalist

And get extremely medicated
That's another thing...
I've been getting HAMMERED... I was to the stage where could hardly get high from smoking.
Now I'm off my tits every time... :ko:

Heheh... :brow:

Herbalist,

Spiderman

oil baron
I like to vape, on average, about a gram a day. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, but if I have a gram per day, I'm more than happy.

Of course, i'm referring to a gram of oil, which could equal anywhere from 5 to about 14 grams of herb......

Vaping does have an entirely different high than smoking herb does. however, to say that its miles stronger....well I'm not entirely sure about that. I find that similar to smoking hash, eating edibles, etc, one become accustomed to vaporizing, before trying to build a tolerance to it. You may have to take fewer hits of the vaporizer to get high than you do from the bong/pipe/joint, but turn the herb into hashish or kif, and id bet that your bong/pipe/joint will blow your vaporizer away. You're getting a purer, cleaner hit from the vaporizer, which is why fewer tokes will do you, and give you that different feeling, soaring high.....but the vaporizer doesnt create any more active chemical, and doesnt make the active chemical thats their effect you any stronger....thats just silly.

Spiderman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom