How Much Do You Pay For Bud?

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Clever User name said:
Do y'all even want to hear about the Mexican brick weed in Texas? All those wonderful centerfold pictures makes mine look like Kathy Bates . Although not so hot to look at i bet she could still get you off like a champ----hence my 30.00 O's still get me HIGH-HIGH!

:2c::2c::2c:
im very familiar with mexican brick weed... that is the majority of what you can find here, except for when large shipments don't make it past customs. That is pretty much what me and my friend use the Extreme for... i think its like 20-30 an Oz. Vaping way better than smoking this crap.

DevoTheStrange,

PerseusStoned

MileHigh said:
Perseus, quality has probably gone up for you cause here in CO we're swimming in green with all the new dispensaries opening up. Some makes its way over the border to you I'm sure.
Well I'm glad to hear it ;)

I'm a business major and I would love to be able to map how price fluctuations occur with the breaking in of this new market. Quite exciting, especially with whats going on in Cali.

PerseusStoned,

Raf007

Retailer
Never tried the mexican, but some time some african and thai brick weed.
Right now, mixing some Haze and File Rouge from saint vincent...from amsterdam...quality, tasty, but low thc... you kind of have to be at least 40 years old to appreicate it for reminding you good old times I think. :D
5.5 Euro a gram of File Rouge....does not worth the money if you like High Thc weed.

Raf007,

Mckdenton

Round here seems like the prices are really what you are willing to pay. Me, a young buck (21 y/o) pays $100-135 for an O some good regs-mids. Where as most of the older folks i associate with (in their 30s-40s) pay $190-200 for the same EXACT stuff and think it's a good deal. I usually only tango with good regs and mids on account of most people with their card that grow want crazy prices for their white widow and other namely strains ($50 1/8, $400 O's) which I totally refuse to pay. But prices have been dropping and quality rising probably because the medical legalization here and people fighting for business by selling better shit for lesser prices. Not many people want to pay very much on account of the shitty economy. I <3 Michigan :ninja:

Mckdenton,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Mckdenton said:
But prices have been dropping and quality rising probably because the medical legalization here and people fighting for business by selling better shit for lesser prices. <3 Michigan :ninja:
God bless free market capitalism!

Bruce@Zephyr,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Mckdenton said:
Indeed my friend indeed. Of course using "God bless" very loosely :peace:
I know but "insert imaginary friend here" was just too much to write at the time. *edit*was hoping to save that long drawn out conversation for some other thread

Bruce@Zephyr,
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Mckdenton said:
I know but "insert imaginary friend here" was just too much to write at the time. *edit*was hoping to save that long drawn out conversation for some other thread
Oh but it is SUCH an entertaining conversation!:/

Howie Feltersnatch,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Howie Feltersnatch said:
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Mckdenton said:
Oh but it is SUCH an entertaining conversation!:/
hheheheheheh

Bruce@Zephyr,

civre4monkey

The Vapist
So I know that prices differ by locality, but in New Orleans SWIM feels like he pays a shitload.

Bud here is broken into three main catagories: KB/dank/"good"; Mids; and shwiggity-shwiggity shwag. There are a few deviations but this is how it usually goes down.

KB:
G-20
8th-65
Quarter-120
Half-220
Oz-400 and so on.

SWIM doesn't buy mids or shwag anymore, but from what he can remember there was less correlation between quantity and price; 10 a g is normal for mids and discounts for buying in bulk are the dealer's discretion.
Shwag isn't sold in measurements here, people get a nick(approx one gram), dime(8th), or 20-sack(4th) and no one really gets more shwag than that because most people with 20+ dollars would rather buy a gram of kb.

I told SWIM that he is a huge nerd, but he would love to know what people pay in other places.

civre4monkey,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Manitoba, Canada

1g 15
2g 25
1/8 30-45
1/4- 60-75
1/2 100-125
Oz 200-230

Good quality (not great), mostly coming east from BC. Standouts in the last three months have been Kushes, Green Crack(?) and Sour Diesel. The prices have actually fallen in the last few years as border security along BC/Washington has gotten tighter and more bud is diverted east (and presumably ultimately down to the States through another corridor).

But ya know what? I'd trade the lower prices for higher quality, legal dispensary level herb if only because I no longer want crime/organized crime involved.

Those prices I posted were valid when I first started buying weed in 1984 and still are what I paid 3 weeks ago.

Tom

tdavie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think it's funny it still has names. My favorite in the day was Maui Wowie. Groovy, eh?

Oz. 170 - 200

Mid grade, tight buds with red threads. Have no idea from where, what it's called; only care that it get me there. ;)

momofthegoons,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
I think it's funny it still has names. My favorite in the day was Maui Wowie. Groovy, eh?

Oz. 170 - 200

Mid grade, tight buds with red threads. Have no idea from where, what it's called; only care that it get me there. ;)
Maui Wowie
Thai Sticks
Panama Red
Acapulco Gold
Oaxacan
Michoacan

Smoked them all. Loved them all. Good times.............

lwien,

kaleimud

Illiterate Baffoon
Between $250 and $400 an ounce depending upon the quantity purchased. For that price the quality ranges from extremely good to dank you only smoke along with a bottle of Petrus on the night of your daughter's marriage to the President's son.

I would have to ask around to find mids or anything other than known genetics. At the moment it is Kill Bill from Reservoir Seeds. It is so sticky that I should be wearing gloves to handle it, because even the most incidental touches in between the small jar and the grinder feel sinfully degrading to the wonderful triches. Using tweezers or similar tool would be more difficult than it is worth. Such is life.

kaleimud,

AgentGraves007

NY, Capital District -- i thought i was gettin ripped off at like 200 for a half of decent headies, but maybe not compared to some places. and then sometimes he gets some better stuff and i just get an 8th for 60. regs/mids: i got a half for 80 recently. Down in the city, though, the prices seem RedONKulous, but my buddy gets his stuff in these sealed packets, pretty professional lol. but it's like 60 for half an 8th :(

AgentGraves007,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
Hey guys just wondering what the prices are around different areas of the world for weed... I would like to know how much shit costs in your area.. I hear people paying up to 20 bucks for a gram of weed!! thats insane! prices around here are 10 bucks a g or usually a oz for around 200 for mids... kush 240-280 a oz... ive heard these are cheap prices, and ive also heard that these are expensive prices... I think its alright even tho prices around here just went skyhigh... I uno post what you pay and the area where you live lol

modnote: Thread merged, please search before making a new thread.

cogz756,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
In canada i was paying around
$10 for a gram, $220 for an oz of AAAA quality bud, namely jamaican sugar, hempstar, green crack etc.
$180 for an oz of regular weed which they call china bud in canada.

In India,
For Ganja(low quality weed) im paying $5 for half an ounce approximately.

I am paying around $10 for a tola ( approximately 10 grams) of charas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charas .
And for top grade quality malana cream charas which you rarely find, i pay about $20 to $25 for a tola(10 grams).
For a vial of ultra top notch hash oil again very very rare, one could end up paying about $100 to $125. This i have only tried once in my life.

Gotta love indian pot culture after looking at these prices .... bom shankar :D:brow::ko:

audiodelic,

Forb1d

I pay $130 for a quarter of OJ Kush.
Half- 200-220
Ounce-400-450 Depending on what it is. $450 for Blueberry NL.

Forb1d,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
It all depends.

Normally I get mids for around $130-160 an oz.
Kind (Meds i.e. Sour D, Granddaddy Kush, Purple Strains) usually cost about $20-$30 a gram.

On occasion I can get my hands on some hash for capsules. This is normally $30 a gram.

AGBeer,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Damn you guys have great prices, makes me wonder if I am getting ripped off :/ Excellent quality though and from a trustworthy source.

Prices:

1/8-$70
1/4-$140-$150
1/2-$220-$250
Oz-$400-$500

AgentofChaos,

bstar

I must be on the cheap end here. I've only bought twice since starting again. First time was $35 for 1/4, it was okay but not great. (Orange hairs but slightly darker color and no crystals.) Second time yesterday was $40 for what looks like 1/2. (She said $30 for 1/4, I told her just give me that plus $10 worth. My cheapo scale says 1/2, so it must be close to that.) I've known both sellers through family but this connection is a bit stronger. ;) Anyway this stuff looks similar, orange hairs, some stems and seeds but not bad. However the color is BRIGHT green. And it's coated with small crystals. I haven't gotten to try too much but what I did went a lot farther. So I'm no expert yet but this seems a lot better, and sold to me for a decent price.

bstar,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Mckdenton said:
Bruce, I think we'd get along very well :D.

Around the city proper- back 10 yrs ago- crap seedy twiggy mexi was $100-120/Oz.

Now, because of some kind hearted hippies with green thumbs- I can get an oz of crystally organically grown for $120-$160, sometimes less/free if we trade labor for green. I'm good with scissors & cooking for those that can't smoke/vape, the other half specializes in the hobby of fixing things that have wheels and are generally big & greasy. So basically in 10+ years, the cost has stayed the same and the quality increased 10x. Some of the same one-hit stuff I know we get cheap- they sell a tad higher- 220ish oz. So I guess we are getting the friends & family price. I'm in a herb-friendly crowd and prices even in the $300oz range have crossed the radar.

I gather the street costs are in reality higher where I am.. we passed on some super-good stuff that was $190oz, the person said it was the best he's had in years.. not a small compliment considering his normal line-up. Had to pass that back to the source. There's something to be said for loving care of the living green.

Edit- these folks also give it a nice cure, so everything is past the green stage- towards golden brown & delicious, and smoooth. I will very occasionally combust just to enjoy it. Plus the odds & ends get sifted and pressed for later fun.

indigal,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Indigal, your bringing this thread to the forefront made me go back a ways and read some more. When I got to this part of Mckdenton's post,

Round here seems like the prices are really what you are willing to pay. Me, a young buck (21 y/o) pays $100-135 for an O some good regs-mids. Where as most of the older folks i associate with (in their 30s-40s) pay $190-200 for the same EXACT stuff and think it's a good deal
and realized that I'm one of the "old folk" paying too much! Talk about a buzz kill. I am totally not okay with spending as much as I do and have been bummed with how prices have gone up the past few years. I haven't noticed any decrease in prices since Michigan went legal. But as we age, we sometimes lose connections and I guess it all depends on where you are on the "chain." But still. Makes me want to grow my own.

Oh for the good old days when a pound was $35.

momofthegoons,

indigal

Amongst the corn
momofthegoons said:
Indigal, your bringing this thread to the forefront made me go back a ways and read some more. When I got to this part of Mckdenton's post,

Round here seems like the prices are really what you are willing to pay. Me, a young buck (21 y/o) pays $100-135 for an O some good regs-mids. Where as most of the older folks i associate with (in their 30s-40s) pay $190-200 for the same EXACT stuff and think it's a good deal
and realized that I'm one of the "old folk" paying too much! Talk about a buzz kill. I am totally not okay with spending as much as I do and have been bummed with how prices have gone up the past few years. I haven't noticed any decrease in prices since Michigan went legal. But as we age, we sometimes lose connections and I guess it all depends on where you are on the "chain." But still. Makes me want to grow my own.

Oh for the good old days when a pound was $35.
Completely totally agree. However, I just don't see Indiana catching up any time soon on the legalities.. I wish, I would grow in a heartbeat, hell I have all the books & have helped out other small-scale gardeners. It's the way to go, if you are wired to take the risk. I worry too much, but I'm conflicted. IT'S A PRETTY PLANT DAMMIT! Oh to live someplace and get a license..

The couple friends we pass on stuff to are in the 40+ range where there really are no connections. It stinks because at some point our buddy may be moving. I have friends who "deal" vs trade, and I'm not keen on paying out the nose for what I get for a few hours work/trade/pocket money. My sister who's almost 50 is in the east-coast. It's even worse for her!

But you can walk into any 7-11 and buy booze. Go figure.

Ah, to live someplace, have your own plant named herby and some chickens to feed the trimmings to.
:)

indigal,
Top Bottom