How much do you consume : Per load/session/day

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I budget my money so I can get an ounce a month essentially.

My usage has went down considerably over the last few weeks though with my Mighty. I'm finding I get higher, longer, which results in me vaping less overall.

Also, I have had access to concentrates, and although the first batch I picked up I destroyed, it killed my tolerance when I didn't have any, so now I'm just dabbing once at night before bed. Sometimes I take on on my lunch break. I got a quarter like 2 weeks ago and I think I may have smoked 1 gram, if that. It's a full silicone container and there is no noticeable loss of product from when I got it.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: grokit

zor

I weighed out 0.5g of grape ape last night, shredded it up and had a pleasant 3-4 hours of playing Arkham City, listening to some Baroness, Royal Thunder, and other new musical acquisitions, and then passing out unintentionally (hah!) on my couch before staggering to bed. Definitely could have stopped after .2 or so but things felt goooooooood.....

organic weed

Went through some posts and I'm amazed by how many people managed to get baked on 0.1 or less... From what I understand is just cutting down dosage.
My average session is 0.3/0.35 but I must say the type of vape makes a HUGE difference. I use a Plenty and the chamber there is pretty large so there is a risk of enaling a lot of dry air if it's not at least 1/4 full which is at 0.25 grams... My PAX 1 is a joke... I though it was a good vape at the beginning but I soon realize after the Plenty that the vapor quality is definitely crap in the Pax: hot, dry, passes through some plastic , burns the weed at the bottom, dries the herb uneven, etc...

Is anybody there that went from 0.3 to 0.1 with the same results and is willing to explain how it did it? I guess you need to take a 2 weeks T-break and the start low at 0.1gram/session?

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Right now I'm getting by just fine with what would be around 6 UD nylon stems a day, each stem holds around a 20th of a gram and one or two stems gives me the relief i need. A few months ago I was using a gram and a half a day at the very least using the same vapes I do now and couple years ago I was vaping up near an 8th oz a day.

All I have to do is use less for a few days and my tolerance/need goes down, never need a t-break myself.

Superhans

I've been tracking my consumption for a month now so think I have a pretty good idea. I've been nerdy enough to keep a spreadsheet but this was purely a month-long exercise to gauge my consumption as I'm still budgeting for 20g a month but using a lot less. :)

I use an Arizer Air and use a screen and relatively coarsely ground material. A 75% full pack is 0.07-0.09g depending on strain/moisture. On a weekday I vape on the evening and occasionally in the morning with a half size bowl. My overall consumption on a weekday is 0.4g with my main 'session' being 0.3g mid-evening.

I've tried to be more disciplined with weekend consumption so I might have a couple of days in a month where I'll vape around 1g as a treat but generally I keep it in the 0.4-0.6g range depending on how active I am.

There are 3 days left in this month and I've used 12.1g so far which I'm very happy with so I can adjust my budget to 14g a month safely. Back in my heaviest combustion days I could get through 7g in a couple of days if I wasn't at work, and over the years my average was probably 2g a day. Making the switch has been one of the best things I've done, I just wish I'd done it years ago. :)

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
To Amend my post above a little I gotta add that those quantities of herb are what i need to get by for my medical needs as I still do larger amounts a few days a week when messing around with other vapes or new vapes and i consider that recreation. On those days i still average just around 1.0 - 1.5 gm and use around 3/4 oz a month total used these days.

Neceros

Reminds me I've been wanting to make an app that just automatically calculates your usage, but it's really really hard to find a cheap digital scale with data output. I'm just a software kinda guy, can't make any hardware myself.

Neceros,
Reactions: NorVape

CharSadehBeast

I went back to combusting the past few months so prolly a quarter OZ a month +/- but when I had my Pax prolly 1/8th/month which is ~0.1 grams/day but that's for flowers only. I go thru a few grams of wax a month

CharSadehBeast,

organic weed

It also depends on how much do you dry your herb... I'm pretty sure there are vapers around that like to vape only the "filet miñon" and just draw let's say, 10 times with a 0.3 gr charge... So up to what level do you dry your herb?

PS: I vaped 0.3 gr sessions up to the roach but then I've passed to far lesser draws and at lower T, never above 190 and maybe I go to 195/200 for the last ou last couple of draws if I want a heavier stoness. But my sessions now are0.35-0.45 and a couple of sessions per weekend days and during the week I vaporize maybe 1 time. I also do 1 to 2 weeks T break quite often, maybe every 5-6 weeks. I consume about 1 to 2 grams/week, more towards the 1.

Last edited:

Tommy10

My usage is pretty sporadic, but everyday depending on working hours and such. Mostly work off the theory that I vape when ever I'm not driving or working. Sessions anywhere from .05 hit and do what you're doing for an hour and come back. To sitting down with a bunch of difference devices for a few hours watching movies and go through .5-1.5.
As long as you're getting it done, alls good. If you have the money and mean go ahead vape more. If you're budget and life restrict it, you'll enjoy it more when you can.
If budget were an issue for me, I'd restrict it to at night only for tolerance and vape up a nice maybe .2-.4 from 7pm till bed time!

ScrivGnar

UD nylon stems hold about .05 & between me and the girlfriend we go through maybe 4-5 a session? On my three days off a week we can wreck a gram a day :( To think one UD stemused to get me blasted when I only vaped alone

Last edited:

bella

I've been using 2-2.5g per day....way too much. I'm looking forward to using less when i swap to vaping exclusively. I'll be saving $au80 per fortnight just in tobacco (a ridiculous amount for someone who only uses tobacco to mix with mj).

All up, i was gettting through an oz every fortnight...my dealer is going to be devastated, lol.

Kalessin

When I was combusting with my onehitter I bought a bit more than an ounce a month. When I first switched to vaping my consumption doubled, but I've now started limiting myself to a half bowl in the Lotus every hour and a half. Since making that switch I've gone back down to an ounce a month, or slightly less, which I'm very pleased with.

Kalessin,
Reactions: NorVape

Heavens

I've been vaping regularly for 1 1/2 years now and my load is between 0.02 and 0.03 gr. Its very little and it gets me really good.

I don't know if i can speak of "micro dose" but that's how i call it. It takes some discipline not raising the amount in the beginning but now, i've been steady on this dosage for nearly a year.

The great thing about it is that i spend really little money on weed per month: between my tiny loads, and the kief that comes from it, i use about 2 gr/month AT MAX, and that's vaping 3 times a day generally.

The second great thing is that i have ALL the effects i need with those small doses. Raising the quantity would get me so high/stoned that i can't function anymore. (i reserve this for the special day when i want to be totally blasted.. on 0.04 !!) :brow:

I can't even imagine taking a dab, i think i would drop on the floor instantly !! :rofl:

When i used to smoke spliffs in the past, i always wanted to put more weed in it: my tolerance had a tendency to rise too much too quickly. I don't have that problem anymore now :)

My first world problem now is to find vapes being good for very small quantities :lol:

PS: i'm mainly vaping for anti-pain purposes (chronic pain for me unfortunately), and using a solo as a convection tool (i do a little "basket" for my weed in the glass tube)

stressed

when i first retired, i was smoking 3 grams a day. now, every morning i weigh out .75 of a gram. i use the bag on the extreme Q. i typically use less than .1 of a gram per bag. like .08 or so. i did a lot of experimenting and found that the high from vaping .08 vs .1 was not noticeable. it gets me right where i like to be and gets me a couple extra bag fulls.

if i want to get stoned as opposed to nicely high, i'll load a bit more in the bowl. i have a few different genetics that i switch every day and so far at least, i don't have tolerance problems.

i used to vape 1.5 grams a day and realized that i was getting way too high. like zonked. i did some experimenting and was surprised that .75 gets me high all day long, except for my 2 hour nap. :)

Last edited:

Heavens

However, he/she uses it for pain management so in that context........ @Heavens wins. :tup:

Haha, its no competition :) I'm sure there are other users that use really small quantities as well :)

I remember reading this article (http://beyondchronic.com/2012/07/exploring-therapeutic-microdoses-cannabis/ ) about small quantity when i started vaping and that's what led me to the way i use now :)
The difference with what is described is: i DO get high/stoned (depends if sativa or indica) when i microdose at 0.025 gr and it helps for my pain, and also as importantly for my mood (which is essential for me with chronic pain).

Aside of that, i also like the recreational aspect of it of course, there are so many ways to enjoy this lovely plant :leaf::clap:

Ps: @lwien ("she" over here ;) )

Top Bottom