How much do you consume : Per load/session/day

CharSadehBeast

I average ~0.25g/day. I load my Pax in the AM and take a few puffs throughout the day and by dinner time it's finished. I prefer edibles for evening use otherwise I'd probably consume another 0.25g at night.

CharSadehBeast,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
When I first started vaping I would say that the goal was to consume less. I was smoking .8 to a gram a day.And my moocher friends that refuse to smoke unless you match. Well that was when I had more friends. Now Its just about staying home because I dont have to leave as often if at all.Im truly conserving while enhancing all other aspects of my high. with the taste and feel.With my Ud i vape .5 throughout the day ..Thats a huge achievement for a steady user(.I vape small amounts throughout the day..No need to go all willy nilly)..too bad thats overshadowed by the fact my tastes in vapes and glass are developing for the worse---says my wallet

lost nebula

Always Vaping
I tend to load bowls in the volcano of 0.3 to 0.5 grams and I tend to vape 1-2 bowls per evening so under a gram a day if I'm lucky. I only vape in the evening usually, daytime it's edibles all day long.

I originally pursued vaporizing to save weed as well but it has not worked out that way. Unless I'm smoking out of my launch box I'm using the same as I did when I was smoking. Ohh well, at least my lungs will last a few more years this way.

lost nebula,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I tend to load bowls in the volcano of 0.3 to 0.5 grams and I tend to vape 1-2 bowls per evening so under a gram a day if I'm lucky. I only vape in the evening usually, daytime it's edibles all day long.

I originally pursued vaporizing to save weed as well but it has not worked out that way. Unless I'm smoking out of my launch box I'm using the same as I did when I was smoking. Ohh well, at least my lungs will last a few more years this way.

That is partially because of the Volcano since it doesn't help you save on herb much. You should try a log for mflb like efficiency in a desktop.

vorrange,

luchiano

That is way too much if you want a quick session, as well as conserving herb. When you load the bowl that much, the temperature inside the bowl will lower too much in the beginning of a session, and take too long to vape the whole contents of the bowl. This means you will need a lot of bags to get all of the cannabinoids. You want air to circulate through and around the herb as much as possible. Using .10 grams that are ground up well, using a temperature of 396f or knob 7.5, and consuming 6 bags will be all you need if you want a good vape effect. This is considering you use a temperature around 396f. If it's lower you will need even more bags.

luchiano,

Fishkybizniz

I use the PAX portable. I have no clue what it holds. A You Tube video reviewer stated how much, but I didn't note it down. Right now 1 full oven lasts me 2 days. I can see right now this project is going to take awhile. Finding the right strain, dose and sessions is a trial and error project. And a dirty trick chronic conditions play is putting us through a rough time no matter what we're doing. Do any of you remember how long it took you to get a recipe that worked? :bang:

Fishkybizniz

When I first started vaping I would say that the goal was to consume less. I was smoking .8 to a gram a day.And my moocher friends that refuse to smoke unless you match. Well that was when I had more friends. Now Its just about staying home because I dont have to leave as often if at all.Im truly conserving while enhancing all other aspects of my high. with the taste and feel.With my Ud i vape .5 throughout the day ..Thats a huge achievement for a steady user(.I vape small amounts throughout the day..No need to go all willy nilly)..too bad thats overshadowed by the fact my tastes in vapes and glass are developing for the worse---says my wallet

In surfing the net, I came across a doctors site that explained the difference between burning & smoking. Reason he encouraged patients to vape instead of smoke (besides good lung health) was burning/smoking kills up to 30% of the medical attributes. So it sounds right you could consume less. In another article I found (written by a nuerolgist) they discovered cannibus naturally robs our systems of magnesium. Magnesium is our bodies natural support for our central nervous systems. Thus, cannibus in itself is not addicting but a person can require more and more of it because it's the only thing they have supporting their central nervous system from the loss of too much magnesium. Get a magnesium supplement and it may take a month or so, but that may be what 'your love' is really about. :)

Fishkybizniz,
Reactions: vape4life

luchiano

In surfing the net, I came across a doctors site that explained the difference between burning & smoking. Reason he encouraged patients to vape instead of smoke (besides good lung health) was burning/smoking kills up to 30% of the medical attributes. So it sounds right you could consume less. In another article I found (written by a nuerolgist) they discovered cannibus naturally robs our systems of magnesium. Magnesium is our bodies natural support for our central nervous systems. Thus, cannibus in itself is not addicting but a person can require more and more of it because it's the only thing they have supporting their central nervous system from the loss of too much magnesium. Get a magnesium supplement and it may take a month or so, but that may be what 'your love' is really about. :)
Can you provide a link to the magnesium, and cannabis, connection?. I want to learn more about it.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I have experience about this. Supplements are a waste of time and money. Work on your cooking and life hygiene in general if you want to improve your medication. Magic pills never work

vape4life

Banned for life
There is a difference between a magic pill and a vitamin or mineral used to treat a deficiency. Magnesium is not snake oil, and something that very many people are deficient in and don't even know it. I can definitely relate, my CNS is fucking shot when I abstain (i'm nearly 2 weeks sober), and I can't sleep almost at all. Magnesium is known to relax the CNS and aid in sleep. Lots of Calcium in the diet, but without magnesium useless.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
First I must agree about your point, my previous message wasn't clear enough.

I would never say magnesium or any other minerals or vitamins don't play a role. Considerable variables are uncounted.

I too tried these types of complements (and others, always 100% organic, I am my own guinea pig) and had results. They do something. Both good and bad effects, I had a bunch of side effects, that's why I wouldn't recommend. There are tons of real food packed with all the fresh water, vitamins and minerals you need. They don't gives you headaches or stomach pain. The only supplement I am still lightly taking is some spirulina, and this one can be considered as a food.

The idea to work on your magnesium intake is good, it's just about the how. You know what they say about the easy ways. Trying to improve never hurts

I want to add that I understand that certain conditions can take help of supplements, but, instead of going staight for them, I would try to deal without em and see if I can get equal or better results. If not, continue to take them. (I do this for every kind of thing I have to ingest, I test on me like a rab rat. What would I do for the sake of science.)

Fishkybizniz

I try my best to find what I deem reptuable sites to gleen my information. I'll have to look through my history to see if I can find the mention of cannibus depleteing magnesium. I did find a You Tube Video but it appeared to be looking for a way to slam cannibus rather than be helpful. What the guy said about magnesium is what I read, but what I read was in a nuclear medicine or nuerology site I was surfing. Here's 2 excellent videos on the attributes of CBD and CBN
This video explains the attributes of CBD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31SrjjgPbhU
This video explains the attributes of CBN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tREh1eYdwuA

Fishkybizniz,
Reactions: Roger D

steiner666

Serial vapist
I try my best to find what I deem reptuable sites to gleen my information. I'll have to look through my history to see if I can find the mention of cannibus depleteing magnesium. I did find a You Tube Video but it appeared to be looking for a way to slam cannibus rather than be helpful. What the guy said about magnesium is what I read, but what I read was in a nuclear medicine or nuerology site I was surfing. Here's 2 excellent videos on the attributes of CBD and CBN
This video explains the attributes of CBD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31SrjjgPbhU
This video explains the attributes of CBN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tREh1eYdwuA

Nice fine, good short summary. I'll have to save these links, will save me some breath explaining things to ppl lol.

In other news:
2013-02-14002320.jpg

kush

:tup:

Fishkybizniz

For all of us in medical battles, not all of our battlegrounds are going to be the same. Those fighting cancer would want the highest CBD's possible to help the cancer cells commit suicide. Some here may be using it for pain. I've done zero research on how it relieves pain. Also each of us have a personal health history unique to the other. We may or may not have medical conditions complicating things. My particular battle ground is a hyper active immune system. It's throwing so much inflammation it has my central system aggrivated and in repsonse it's generating all this creepy nerve pain. In my case, supplementing magnesium would be important. I was only sharing the information for anyone consuming notice their same medication seems to require more and more, that might be why. I agree a healthy diet should keep everything in check. I'm hoping we found our culprit in my case. Doctors found a tumor on my spine that's in the correct location to be compromsing my legs. To play safe, blood tests have been sent over to the Mayo Clinic to break down the anatomy of my blood cells just to be sure there isn't any disease hiding in them. In the future, I'll try to do a better job of identifying the posts I find. What I like about where I'm poking around is coming up with professional well presented information from highly reputable sources. I thought it would help all of us who have doubting family members or friends. The sites I usually land on are Onconolgy,Nuclear Medicine, & Nueosurgeons sites. You know what's frustrating. The only thing segregating legalization of it Federally is our Food and Drug Administration requirement that all medications deliver exacting doeses. So far, chemists have failed to find a compounding method that stablizes MMJ into exacting doses without compromising it. This is why growers are working so hard hybriding it. Even though we can consume measured amounts as timed events, we are not getting exacting doses from one session to another. Happy Valentines Day! :)

Fishkybizniz

Does anyone here have to take inhalers? Rescue, long acting steriod or both? I do. I was always told to take my rescue inhaler first before the long acting (steriod). The rescue inhaler dialates the lungs. If it can increase the benefits of long acting inhalers I'm wondering if it could also increase the benefits of cannibus? Anyone dealing with both type of medications and if it changed the result of your MMJ sessions?

Fishkybizniz,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I have an albuterol inhaler that I occasionally use if a particularly large vape hit sends me into a coughing fit (as well as other times I need it). The kinda cough that clearly isn't just being caused by the vapor...

I've never noticed any particular difference in effect from a hit after I've used my inhaler.
:2c:

Fishkybizniz

I have an albuterol inhaler that I occasionally use if a particularly large vape hit sends me into a coughing fit (as well as other times I need it). The kinda cough that clearly isn't just being caused by the vapor...

I've never noticed any particular difference in effect from a hit after I've used my inhaler.

Me either! as to the benefit of the vape hit. I'm wondering if I'm doing it right? I take 'Pro Air' (generic version of Albuterol). Do you think it's best to vape between these chemical medicines? Because I've used OTC herbs, I've been told not to mix chemical medicines as they can interfere with natural medicines attributes. I don't know about the rest of you, but us having to trail blaze all this bally boo with regualar medications and MMJ makes me feel like a made scientist :science:

Fishkybizniz,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Do you think it's best to vape between these chemical medicines? Because I've used OTC herbs, I've been told not to mix chemical medicines as they can interfere with natural medicines attributes.
I've got no idea tbh.

I'm lucky that I don't have any major medical conditions, I had asthma as a child, but grew out of it.
Then a couple of years ago I had bronchitis pretty bad and it left me with a lingering fairly mild asthma.
I get wheezy and spluttery from time to time, but I'm pretty good unless there's significant amounts of pollutants in the air, so I can go weeks without needing my puffer, or I might need it 4 times in a day :shrug:

My general rule of thumb is only use the puffer if totally necessary.

Fishkybizniz

Same here. Rarely need the rescue inhaler but I do have to take the long acting everyday. Except for high blood pressure (very stable with meds) I didn't have anything until my immune system got it's nose all out of joint. The inflammation from this temper tandrum has created all these health issues. So far, I only have minor nerve damage on the top of my one foot. But nerves are good about healing with rest. All I know, it's like I stepped into a bill pile of quicksand. And the longer docs take to figure out what's causing it, the lower I sink. If I don't level out, the drugs the doctors have to remedy it are kidney and liver killers. I'm counting on MMJ to save me from that, especially if I'm stuck with something they can't fix. :\

Fishkybizniz,

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
I don't know if you're doing something wrong, but I get 5 hits from 0.025g.

Of course, a lot of it has to do with many things:

Size of hit
Dryness of bud
Quality of bud
Size of bowl
Type of vape (bag versus whip versus direct draw)
Temperature
Fineness of grind

Exactly. If I am using my PAX I can use a small amount and be okay with the density of the vapor. But if I use my Aromed, the bowl is larger and so I usually end up putting a bit more into the heating chamber. Quality of the bud is also important because the higher end stuff gives you more pulls before it goes brown and stops producing vapor. My extremeQ uses more than my PAX but less than my Aromed.

I feel like there are too many variables. BUT I'd say I go through a 1/4oz a week, or an Oz a month.

IIIQBIII,

Meth0tica

Thanks for all the info here, good starting point as I move to a vape for the first time. I'm used to joints being .5g, but today I put almost .1g in my HA H2.2 and was lit more than I desired.

What digital scale are you all using to get measurements at the ~.025 level some of you all are citing?

Thanks!

Meth0tica,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
At the moment, my typical work day is:
2 capsules of Power Up (1 at 8 am and noon)
1/4 "1/4 gram" bubble hash chocolate bar (when I get home)
.08 gram "Dutch Treat" vaped over about a 15 minute time frame, generally 6 deep hits, either before or after the chocolate
.08 gram "Romulan" & "Afroo #1", during the final half hour before bed

Weekends do not include the Power Ups - instead I vape most of the day, a little heavier. About .08 gram in the vape, whatever the strain, often with about .05 gram of "Bubba Kush" bubble hash layered in. Repeat 3 times, for a total of 4 nice sessions.

Enchantre,
Top Bottom