How much bud do you vaporize per session?

How's much bud do you vaporize per session?

• 0.05g

• 0.1g

• 0.2g

• 0.3g

• 0.4g

• 0.5g

• 0.6g

• 0.7g

• 1.0g

• >1.5g

Results are only viewable after voting.

EverythingsHazy

I have sensitized myself to this. Just like it takes a while to get used to vaporizing when switching from combustion, you have to get used to not flooding your receptors when you cut back your dosage. Soon, however, you'll find you get the same effect from less. With practice you can get your tolerance wherever you want it to be. I've been sensitizing myself to cannabis vapor since 2010, and I have had hiccups along the way. But now that I've found my desired dosage and frequency I couldn't be more content with my relationship with cannabis.
That's not really disagreeing with me, though. That's changing your tolerance. It doesn't mean that using less while having the same tolerance causes a stronger effect. It means that if you have a lower tolerance, you can reach a higher level using 0.05g than someone with a higher tolerance can reachnusing 0.2g. However, with that lower tolerance, it doesn't make sense that you'd experience weaker effects from using more. You might get more tired, but that IS a stronger effect. Just because it's not a necessarily desireabe effect, doesn't mean it isn't "more". If you continue to use more, your tolerance will adjust, and when it does, using less one time won't give you stronger effects. It will help lower your tolerance so you can eventually experience the stronger effects without needing to use as much, though.

EverythingsHazy,

Farid

I think you misunderstand me. With the same tolerance, if I smoke a 0.2 bowl or a 0.1 bowl I feel exactly the same. Weed is like an on off switch. I feel like I have consumed it recently, or not. Any increase in effects has such a diminishing return when compared to increase in dosage, to the point where a smoking 2 vapcaps back to back gets me to the same place where smoking 1 vapcap.

Maybe I feel weed differently because of my epilepsy?

Farid,
Reactions: Squiby

EverythingsHazy

I think you misunderstand me. With the same tolerance, if I smoke a 0.2 bowl or a 0.1 bowl I feel exactly the same. Weed is like an on off switch. I feel like I have consumed it recently, or not. Any increase in effects has such a diminishing return when compared to increase in dosage, to the point where a smoking 2 vapcaps back to back gets me to the same place where smoking 1 vapcap.

Maybe I feel weed differently because of my epilepsy?
That's interesting, because I definitely don't feel the same using less as I do using more. If I do it quickly enough (so that the high doesn't start to drop before the next hit), every hit will get me higher and higher. Surely, diminishing returns exist, but not strongly enough to completely wipe out the effects of subsequent bowls.

daoist

I use 0.4 gram per session. But this because it is optimum dosage for my extreme Q is around 0.4 gram
But this will last me at least a few hours, but sometimes just the entire evening. And sometimes i continue vaping the next day.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm totally a microdoser, my Omni XL is my main device and it takes about 0.05g per session. With my Tinymight I'll go up a little (0.075 - .1g I guess), but I use it only in the evening when everything is done. I will usually have 2 to 6 sessions per day, give or take. It's cool to save money, but for the most part it's just the kind of pace I like – and it does get me high nicely, I'm not missing a deeper or higher high.

However – as this thread shows, these preferences are extremely subjective and dictated by many personal needs. I would never look up or down on someone macrodosing.

TheFatBastard

Well, my experience here, and I'd like to hear Your oppinion since I'm doing a lot of experimentation with dosages, etc.

I own an Extreme Q with the DDave Mod and a Flowerpot Showerhead.

I use like 0.5/0,8gr approx with the DDave 14mm glass, and it gets me where I usually want to go, though sometimes I miss that super-psychoactive high. I vape for like an hour and a half, maybe like 8/10 rips...relaxed, listening to music.....

When I use the Flowerpot, I usually use like 0,15g....I don't know why, but I feel like less is too little for this machine. Gives me a good high, maybe as psychoactive as with the Extreme Q, but gets me more couch locked - stoned than with the Extreme EQ I guess.

I've tried, as experimentation, using 0,2gr, even more, with the extreme Q.....seems like the psychoactive effects are faster, but also gets me more stoned, very sleepy after 3/4 hours.

Getting sleepy after a session (or 3 hours after) is something I don't like sometimes, si ce I enjoy watching a movie high or writting music....sometimes I get so sleepy that all I want to do is going to bed.

I guess that maybe my sessions are too long, maybe I should vape all the weed in 10/15 minutes, guess that gets me a better high than stretching the sessions too much.....but it is one of the pleasures of the Extreme Q, enjoy vaping for a couple hours.

And maybe I should only use the Flowerpot since it seems to be more efficient extracting the THC / CBD, and guess it could get me where I want to go better than the Extreme Q.

Guess that increasing my dosage doesn't increase the psychoactive effects I'm aiming for, but it have more "stoned" effect....

Which would be your advices (given the situation that I'm looking for a good psychoactive effect) about dosage / session lenght?

TheFatBastard,
Reactions: Planck

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Which would be your advices (given the situation that I'm looking for a good psychoactive effect) about dosage / session lenght?

I'd rather take a look at temperatures and strains. Try a nice sativa like Jack Herer or Super Silver Haze, keep the temps at or below 190°C / 375°F and see where it gets you.

Siebter,

TheFatBastard

I'd rather take a look at temperatures and strains. Try a nice sativa like Jack Herer or Super Silver Haze, keep the temps at or below 190°C / 375°F and see where it gets you.

Always do that, mainly sativa strains and I rarely go over 195C.

Too many different variables, I guess (how much have you eaten, how tired you are, set and setting.....)

I’ve been doing a lot of experimentation since this post: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/why-cant-i-get-the-same-high-than-i-used-to-get.29291/

Guess long sessions “cut” the psychoactive effects, maybe is better get as high as possible in a short period of time and then enjoy the high.

What I mainly don’t like sometimes is that sleepy effect after 2/3 hours.

TheFatBastard,

daoist

Strains you might like for cerebal effects are:
- AMG haze
- Amnesia haze
- Mr nice guy
- Mexican haze
- Hawaian haze

Most sativas are cerebal. but there are also strains that make you focuseed and clear headed such as Black diamond OG. nothing wrong with it, if that is the "cerebal" effect you are looking for. But better look for the "creative" haze strains if you are looking for the head buzz.

I have the extreme Q for a few years now. i advise you to keep the dosage a bit lower.
with the standard bowl i put 0.4gram to 0.45 coarsely grinded, for best flavour. i have no experience with the ddave mods, because not available in any european head shops. it is best to just keep 0,4 gram per bowl. just do two bowls of 0,4 gram. works way better than 0,8 gram in one bowl. it just is inefficient if you put to much in it.

I lately have been experimenting with vape-wool as well. for smoother hits you can try to take out the metal screen from the balloon/elbow glass piece and just make a small screen from some vapewool. you just fold some vapewool together and put it on top of the weed in the bowl. No herb will go up in the whip or balloon. it keeps it nice in place but no harshness. so you probably will be able to take bigger hits. Still testing it out a bit. but removing the metal dome screen definately improves airflow and smoothness.

What you also can do is hook the extreme q on a bong and take super big bong hits.
Although a small bubbler would be better for flavours.

Well, my experience here, and I'd like to hear Your oppinion since I'm doing a lot of experimentation with dosages, etc.

I own an Extreme Q with the DDave Mod and a Flowerpot Showerhead.

I use like 0.5/0,8gr approx with the DDave 14mm glass, and it gets me where I usually want to go, though sometimes I miss that super-psychoactive high. I vape for like an hour and a half, maybe like 8/10 rips...relaxed, listening to music.....

When I use the Flowerpot, I usually use like 0,15g....I don't know why, but I feel like less is too little for this machine. Gives me a good high, maybe as psychoactive as with the Extreme Q, but gets me more couch locked - stoned than with the Extreme EQ I guess.

I've tried, as experimentation, using 0,2gr, even more, with the extreme Q.....seems like the psychoactive effects are faster, but also gets me more stoned, very sleepy after 3/4 hours.

Getting sleepy after a session (or 3 hours after) is something I don't like sometimes, si ce I enjoy watching a movie high or writting music....sometimes I get so sleepy that all I want to do is going to bed.

I guess that maybe my sessions are too long, maybe I should vape all the weed in 10/15 minutes, guess that gets me a better high than stretching the sessions too much.....but it is one of the pleasures of the Extreme Q, enjoy vaping for a couple hours.

And maybe I should only use the Flowerpot since it seems to be more efficient extracting the THC / CBD, and guess it could get me where I want to go better than the Extreme Q.

Guess that increasing my dosage doesn't increase the psychoactive effects I'm aiming for, but it have more "stoned" effect....

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Always do that, mainly sativa strains and I rarely go over 195C.

Greetings friend, [not part of the FP vs. EQ comparison]

Commenting on temperatures on the EQ, that 195C would not give me much heavy sedative effects.
I think you have to seek those at higher temps.

How dark and even is your ABV from your EQ sessions?

Thanks
Dave

daoist

he probably uses sativa hybrids and not pure sativa. With pure sativa there is not a heavy body stone. with sativa hybrids there can be pretty strong body stone. Maybe try silver haze or amg haze. pretty light on the body stone. not sure if the silver haze does any cerebal tricks for you, but amg should definately get you in the cerebal flow.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
If I've kept my tolerance in check then 0.025g gets me medicated for 2-3 hours.
If I've let my tolerance get out of hand then 0.15g won't get me as high and I'll need to repeat that dose within an hour.
I get much more out of cannabis by using less, something that took me over 30 years of usage to discover.

TheFatBastard

Greetings friend, [not part of the FP vs. EQ comparison]

Commenting on temperatures on the EQ, that 195C would not give me much heavy sedative effects.
I think you have to seek those at higher temps.

How dark and even is your ABV from your EQ sessions?

Thanks
Dave

Dark brown, not black. I can easily go to 210C sometimes, guess the high is not so related to temperatures (yeah, I know the scientific facts, etc) but for me the high seems pretty the same at 175c than at 210c.

With the EQ, I usually start at 175c and go up 5c every two rips, until I'm done about 200c (like 8 rips)

he probably uses sativa hybrids and not pure sativa. With pure sativa there is not a heavy body stone. with sativa hybrids there can be pretty strong body stone. Maybe try silver haze or amg haze. pretty light on the body stone. not sure if the silver haze does any cerebal tricks for you, but amg should definately get you in the cerebal flow.

You are gonna kill me for saying this, but I have like 15 different strains at home, from 95% sativa to 80% indica, and I must confess that, though of course there are several differences in flavour, the highs are not so different between them...guess it has more to do with set and setting, how much you've eaten, etc.

I also have "auto" strains (hybrid with ruderalis), and the high is pretty much the same.

My favourite way enjoying the high is listening to a vinyl in complete dark, or playing guitar over records, writting songs and watching a cool music concert in my home cinema (also love a cool movie, but I usually get slept before it ends).

ilsasta

I use 0.4 gram per session. But this because it is optimum dosage for my extreme Q is around 0.4 gram
But this will last me at least a few hours, but sometimes just the entire evening. And sometimes i continue vaping the next day.

This reminds me the old days with the EQ I have given away. Loved that beast. Not sure you have done this already, but elbow packing was for me the way to cut on quantity, giving similar effects as loading 0.4/0.5 in the cyclone bowl.

Nok21

I do 1 elbow pack with my EQ at night, maybe 2 if I’m having a rough night.

Each screen I’ve weighed is usually 0.2g unless you pack that thing full and hard.

I can do 0.4g if I know ill have trouble sleeping with an adapter a head shop had that looked similar but maybe shorter than @DDave mod.

Sessions for me depend a lot on mood and how the days treated me as I only vape in evenings/nights due to my the safety needed to do my trade.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
This is 11am, sunday morning and I already vaped 9 bowls:

-1 Mighty caps/0.15
- 1 Ace/0.15
- 1 Fenix 2.0/0.1
- 3 MiniVap glass core/0.07 each
- 1 Iheat/0.1
-1 GrassHopper/0.1

And more to come but, usually, I vape more on the morning than for the rest of the day. Never really weighted my meds ...

hinglemccringleberry

This is 11am, sunday morning and I already vaped 9 bowls:

-1 Mighty caps/0.15
- 1 Ace/0.15
- 1 Fenix 2.0/0.1
- 3 MiniVap glass core/0.07 each
- 1 Iheat/0.1
-1 GrassHopper/0.1

And more to come but, usually, I vape more on the morning than for the rest of the day. Never really weighted my meds ...
Lol it takes me 3 weeks to go through that amount!

hinglemccringleberry

Three weeks to use 0.81g? How buzzed do you actually get each session, and for how long do your buzzes last?
That's a ballpark number but it works out to around .035-.04 per sesh. Usually once a day or sometimes twice. I get a nice moderate lift that gently tapers off over the course of a few hours. My THC bud lasts longer these days because I blend 1:1 with CBD bud. So I'm vaping on like 0.06 but only half of it is THC bud. Either that or I'll vape a bowl of CBD bud only.
I can get pretty blasted off of .05-.06 of THC bud w/ no CBD mixed in. I don't do that too often. That's why I'm making a gram of THC flower last nearly a month without even trying.

Last edited:

uncanni

That's legit :rockon:
My problem is that I still want to vape, even when I'm content with my elevation...

I totally agree. Nothing is as pleasurable as lolling around vaping good bud. When it becomes a chore, not fun, I'll prolly cut back and procrastinate. When it starts to interfere with my work, I'll cut back

But until then, I'ma come home from work and puff away.

EverythingsHazy

Maybe 0.1 spread over a few days with CBD dabs mixed in there.

But with friends?? 0.5-1g haha we've ended up in some absurd situations as a result
Wow, that's some really low dosing. How many hits do you get out of 0.1g?
That's legit :rockon:

My problem is that I still want to vape, even when I'm content with my elevation...
Have you tried vaping CBD bud? I haven't but I really want to. I feel like it could be a healthy daily supplement, largely for inflammation and brain health, especially for someone who uses THC, since it seems to mitigate the negative effects that THC has on the brain.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow, that's some really low dosing. How many hits do you get out of 0.1g?

Have you tried vaping CBD bud? I haven't but I really want to. I feel like it could be a healthy daily supplement, largely for inflammation and brain health, especially for someone who uses THC, since it seems to mitigate the negative effects that THC has on the brain.

I have tried a number of various CBD products, and for the most part I liked them - it's just not something that I'm used to stocking the pantry with. I almost ordered some flower a while back but there's so many hemp vendors now it's a little overwhelming. I'd really like to try more true 1:1 genetics, had one called Dr Greenshock that was by far the best CBD rich product I've ever tried!

hinglemccringleberry

I'd really like to try more true 1:1 genetics, had one called Dr Greenshock that was by far the best CBD rich product I've ever tried!
Create your own 1:1 blend. I'm just like you, I love vaping flower even when my effects are already where I want them. That's why blends are awesome, you can do whatever ratio you want for whatever your mood/circumstances are. Sometimes I do 1:1, sometimes I'll do 4:1 hemp/maryjane, other times I'll do 4:1 maryjane/hemp. I'm grateful that we have hemp nowadays that doesn't suck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom