1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

How much bud do you vaporize in an average day of use?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by EverythingsHazy, Sep 12, 2017.

?

How much bud do you vaporize in an average day of use?

1. 0.025g

10 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. 0.05g

15 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. 0.10g

39 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. 0.20g

29 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. 0.30g

30 vote(s)
    11.2%
  6. 0.40g

17 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. 0.50g

30 vote(s)
    11.2%
  8. 0.60g - 0.80g

22 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. 0.9g - 1g

19 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. >1g (Comment the amount if you choose this option.)

58 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. GreenJeans_55

GreenJeans_55 Member

Average use is .50 grams a day.

arb and LesPlenty like this.
  2. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Do you hold your hits at all?

Actually, I think it could add to this thread if some people give an idea of if and how long they hold their hits.

I vape anywhere from 0.4 to 1 gram daily, but I hold my vapor and re-breathe. I get literally double the effect this way there is no question in my mind. I used to think I had a low tolerance because I get very cained. And I felt like a lightweight compared to many here who blow through grams and grams.

But I understand now that often with high consumption like that, people are exhaling vapor almost immediately.

Which is fine of course, but the actual amount vaped can be misleading here in the context if this thread. 0.5 grams vaped and held/re-breathed, can have even MORE effect than a gram or more exhaled quickly.

arb likes this.
  3. GreenJeans_55

GreenJeans_55 Member

I just buy a half Z a month, and try to make it last the whole month. Fails ranging from epic to still failing.
    If combusting I'll finish a half in 5 days. If vaping it? That half lasts 2 weeks (13 or 14 days).

arb, LesPlenty and Alexis like this.
  4. Alexis

Are you aware but there is some science on the subject of cannabinoids which tells us that consuming more black pepper in Greater quantities can support the functions of our endocannabinoid system and this can result in a stronger and longer lasting effect from cannabis.

Allegedly it is the Piperine in the black pepper which "slows down the degradation of cannabinoids INSIDE the receptors."

IME I am pretty sure that I consciously notice a stronger, longer lasting effect by consuming more black pepper.
    This is something very worth knowing about IMO.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    ilsasta and arb like this.
  5. GreenJeans_55

GreenJeans_55 Member

A cleaner buzz, no doubt.

(I noticed instantly, the DRAW resistance when vaporizing and opted for devices that have less draw resistance, mainly the solo 2 and the tera v3. The Starry u will suck nonstop to get anything at all.)

arb likes this.
  6. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

I both over do and skimp, my daily dose keeps dropping and my binge days amounts just keep going up. The upside is that I haven't felt the need for a tolerance break for over a year and probably will avoid one till my low daily dose dosn't do its medical thing or the party amounts totally kill my throat. On the issue of draw resistance all my portables pale in comparison to my current favorite a Da Buddha with some changes. Its hard to beat the combination of 110 volt power and and a straight wide open air path.

7. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

I’m now at about half a gram with my haze square. These bowls keep me lit all day.

ilsasta and arb like this.
  8. Hackerman

Hackerman The Fool

I can't say for sure how much it was before I vaped it but since I joined here in March I have accumulated about 3 and a half ounces of ABV. A few days ago I took it and made some butter and then some resulting candy.

Very yummy. ABV seems to have kind of a 'sweet' smell to it so I figured candy would be a good choice for an edible.

My standard 'crock pot' method of all day at about 170F. I used this 3.5 ounces of ABV and 1 cup of butter. After pressing with my 1 ton aluminum arbor press/butter press LOL I got about 3/4 cup. This setup is mostly parts from old rosin press prototypes and still needs some tweaking but works pretty well and is easy on my arthritis.

I make the chocolate from scratch with butter, cocoa, honey, vanilla and a little cream or milk. I love to cook, although I'm not big on making candy. Don't really have a sweet tooth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lookhigh, paehtod, steama and 10 others like this.
  9. zor

zor I hate the kids

I like to try to, usually starting a session out by trying to but then I inevitably cough. The coughing then kills the flavor and by the time I take the next hit my throat is all sensitive and the cycle spirals into frustration. It's bizarre, I could take giant pulls from a hookah that would make my friends hack up their lungs, but deep hits on a vape or any kind of puff on a pipe and I'd go blind from intense coughing fits. Vaporizing at different temps doesn't seem to matter either once I cross a threshold with how deep I pull, but the quantity of vaporizables proportionally correlates with how much I cough.

I've heard that cannabis is an expectorant too, I tend to get nice and phlemgy when I vape and don't get any long term throat irritation, so maybe there's that aspect too?

Time to go do more in vivo research! :science:[

Alexis and arb like this.
  10. sarkunit

sarkunit Active Member

Hey, I get the goops when I vape too. It is much more intense with vaping than using concentrates, so I almost feel that it is harsher on my lungs. I can take a .15 g dab and get the same lung irritation as if I vaped only .3 of flower, but how could flower vapor be harsher than concentrated oleoresin? I feel that this might be subjective, but it also might have to do with the moister and water content of the flower?

arb likes this.
  11. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Chlorophyll, starches, sugars, tannins, etc. We could assume this has been understood for eons as most regions where wild landrace cannabis grows has history of hash making.

steama, Alexis, LesPlenty and 2 others like this.
  12. sarkunit

sarkunit Active Member

Yeah, guess it was an ignorant stream of consciousness post. In retrospect it is obvious. Unfortunate too, and with the Jones Ruling concentrates might just be illegal even to medical patients in my state of Arizona.

edit: Hey, I am about to pull the trigger on a Dabpress setup, is there a thread post that will help me select the correct h frame, bottle jack, possible analog or digital pressure transducer, so that when everything comes in it just goes together and works. I am ready to make my own, as it is the "right" way to go for me, and I don't want to make any 1000 dollar mistakes.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  13. arb

arb Well-Known Member

Then don't press under heat.........dry sifting done correctly produces a far tastier product.
    All you need is some silkscreen and frames.

sarkunit likes this.
  14. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

sarkunit and arb like this.
  15. sarkunit

sarkunit Active Member

I was going to go with this, but I have the room and budget for a full H press/Bottle Jack/Dabpress Digital Plate set up. I am not sure if that is better, mind you, and I might still get the slug master kit.

LesPlenty, Alexis, arb and 1 other person like this.
  16. Hackerman

Hackerman The Fool

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/what-is-anodized-rosin-plate-kit-how-to-use-it.26087/

LesPlenty, Alexis, arb and 1 other person like this.
  17. Evilevile

Evilevile Active Member

I've been thinking about that every day lately as I hit my session 'limit' as in the average I usually do in a session. Once I get close to that limit, I feel like my body is letting me know. My throat gets very sensitive and it slows me way down, then it becomes pretty much impossible without coughing and blowing snot everywhere (drawing more attention) so I cease vaping. Very frustrating. Just started trying hemp fibre to help with this and it's plugging/backing up, even more frustrating. (Sbjr)

When I feel like going to a 10 I feel like my body betrays me. I think I need to be a waterboy. :science:

LesPlenty, zor and arb like this.
  18. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Check out the dabpress thread! :rockon:
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/what-is-anodized-rosin-plate-kit-how-to-use-it.26087/

arb likes this.
  19. asdf420

asdf420 Well-Known Member

maybe 0.1g today, of super lemon haze, maybe 4-5 hours ago. a couple of sessions spread a few hours, or minutes apart. bit of a sativa kick, head rush at first. then a comedown/crash. feel stoned, couchlocked but not really a "body high". and depressed

fuck this. it's like i should only use mj "religiously" as a meditation aid or just to do creative stuff. but why is the comedown so shit for me? is everyone in denial, or does it just happen to be worse for me? or i just can't control myself and take too much, when it should only be 0.015g even if it feels like nothing at all

the high isnt even that good. not much euphoria, as i seemed to get before. chasing a high, being disappointed, seems kinda fucked up

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Alexis and arb like this.
  20. Alexis

Okay a pretty disciplined day. Just one decent Elev8r load in afternoon (0.3) plus 2 vapcaps, so about 0.15.

Evening- One more Elev8r load about 0.2, one more vapcap. One edible dose.
    So without trying, (in fact trying not to lol) comfortably over a half gram.

And this is a light day- shit I try not to be aware of how much I actually vape so its just a subconscious awareness. The same way I never know my actual bank balance. I have an idea, and have to be sure Im not overdrawn but I make it my business to rarely check my balance and just make sure I dont spend more than comes in. At times I honestly dont know if I've got £50, £150, or £300 in the bank! And I swear this tactic has saved me lots of money and helped me make better spending choices.

Still very nicely cained, but other days I use way more bud but always trying to keep it within reason.

lazylathe and arb like this.
  21. ccchase420

ccchase420 TheCCC420 YouTuber

you all have me feeling like an absolute junkie with my .5-.75 of concentrate daily. good lord.

just_the_flu and arb like this.
  22. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

Not knowing your usage/balance helps you use/spend less? That's surprising. I find that keeping track of things, be it money, calories, Cannabis, etc., adds some pressure to keep things from getting out of hand.

The thing with Cannabis tolerance, is that it has such a wide range. I am not at all surprised to hear that people use as much as you, or even significantly more. It's not very difficult to double your consumption without noticing an increase in perceptual effects, especially if you are having multiple sessions per day.
    Luckily, it's also not that difficult to decrease your tolerance, either. A couple of days off, and another couple of days of using very little, should be enough to set you back on the right track. You can also just slowly decrease your doses every day, if you don't want to take any days off.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors