1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

How much bud do you vaporize in an average day of use?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by EverythingsHazy, Sep 12, 2017.

?

How much bud do you vaporize in an average day of use?

1. 0.025g

10 vote(s)
    3.9%
  2. 0.05g

12 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. 0.10g

38 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. 0.20g

26 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. 0.30g

28 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. 0.40g

17 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. 0.50g

29 vote(s)
    11.3%
  8. 0.60g - 0.80g

21 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. 0.9g - 1g

19 vote(s)
    7.4%
  10. >1g (Comment the amount if you choose this option.)

56 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Waiting until night to hit the vape is definitely a good tactic for keeping a lower tolerance. It's also a good way to ensure that being buzzed isn't holding you back from your daily responsibilities, since you'll be spending your days mostly sober.
    Any idea how many grams that averages out to each day? Sounds like a good deal of bud.

2. arb

arb Active Member

The wife and I average a ounce every four days or so roughly.

3. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

I find if I can wait until evening that is the a good enough t break for me especially if I do it for week or more. I also enjoy the high more of I wait until later in the day to vape but it really depends on my pain level on when I start to vape.

Hope you are growing your own and buying that much. That would be rough on the pocket book.

4. arb

arb Active Member

I am a long time grower with a medical card costs run about $3.80 per ounce.
    Growing is very easy to do.

5. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I have a "T" break everyday...….when I am asleep. :lol:
    I do not believe you can beat brekkie bongs.
    I never got high at or before work, mining industry was dangerous enough, but now I am retired, all bets are off.:tup:

Likes2vape, Squiby and arb like this.
  6. fachada

fachada Member

Had to change my vote also... down to 0.30g.

I answered 0.5 first, but then I weighted 1 gram and raced myself to see how long it lasted.

I think measuring changes the result!
    I remember a similar situation when studying quantum physics...

maybe our expert @OF knows more about it?
    My brain was never able to grasp the concept, I just quit university half way through.

arb and OF like this.
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it, I'm not even sure what the question is?

I think you have to rate consumption with potency as a factor? While average herb is a few percent, top shelf bud is pushing 20, a huge difference. A bit like asking a guy how many ounces of Alcohol beverages he drinks without considering if it's beer or Bourbon, wine or Brandy?

And not all THC is extracted (or ABV wouldn't be potent)?

On a 'per session' base, using top shelf, I'd say the average load is something between 1/4 and 1/8 of a gram? Say 25 to 50 mg of THC? Some less, others more. A fraction of that gets absorbed, of course, much of it is blown out because the particle size was too small or too large, another factor? Some vapes are more efficient because of this.

In the past we've had a guy who rolls seven gram blunts. 1/4 of an ounce. And we still have a regular poster who consumes a consistent gram a month, month after month! Granted that's blazing the blunts, but that's a HUGE range?

I hope that is useful, if not ignore my bill when it comes.......

OF

invertedisdead, arb and LesPlenty like this.
  8. Hackerman

Hackerman The Fool

I have been vaping for a couple weeks and I have a 1 gallon plastic tub about half filled with ABV. I'll make some butter with it this weekend.

LesPlenty and arb like this.
  9. Treetopsman

Treetopsman Member

Been vaping for a while. I use PAX vaporizers. Between two of us, we use 330 mg per day on average. For a session, we put 120 mg in the PAX bowl - about half full when packed down. Our meds are from dispensaries - so roughly 20% THC.
    I have been tracking usage for a couple years now and it doesn't go up as I feared it might. I am not sure if this is microdosing or not, as we tend to get really ripped. My opinion is that vaping really conserves flower. And the fact that it is not done when you are through vaping. A $12 stove top espresso maker and a little coconut oil and you have surprisingly potent edibles. Love vaping!
    A single bowl would be roughly 60 mg. I really can't imagine doing 10 mg in a bowl. That would not work well with a PAX. Barely enough to cover hte oven.

Alexis, OF and arb like this.
  10. EverythingsHazy

I think we tend to use a bit less when we are made aware of the numbers lol.
    Do you still feel a strong buzz from vaporizing, with a tolerance that high?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 9:25 PM
    Mushroomturtle and arb like this.
  11. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Vapecritic typically vapes an 1/8th a day. It is certainly at the very high end of amounts Iimagine possible tp vape on a day, in a physical, manual sense almost regardless of effect.

But certainly nothing preposterous.

Mushroomturtle and arb like this.
  12. LesPlenty

3.5 grams sounds better in context of the thread, I cant believe the US still uses imperial measuring, their military have adopted metric. Even the Poms have started to move into this century and still not measuring using an old dead kings foot as a starting point. :disgust:
    We should have a 2/15 sale as well for 215 degrees C

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 12:52 AM
    arb likes this.
  13. arb

arb Active Member

I don't have severe spasms and I don't take opiates...........that's the point for me.
    Do I still get high?...........yes,yes I do.

Squiby, Alexis and howie105 like this.
  14. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

:hmm: who has sales for a temperature? :ninja:

:peace:

LesPlenty likes this.
  15. EverythingsHazy

4/20 sales are because of the date, not 420F.

Do you get the relief only when you start to feel a buzz, or do you need to ingest a certain amount to get benefits? If you dropped your tolerance to the point of getting stoned with 0.3g, do you think you did get the same benefits while using less?

RUDE BOY and arb like this.
  16. arb

arb Active Member

I find relief physically and mentally about ten minutes after I wake up.
    Pain and discomfort is usually what wakes me up so a cup of coffee and a bag of vapor works.
    Personally the mental relief is as if not more important than the physical aspects.......stress kills.
    I use as much or as little as needed to get through the task at hand so conserving is a non issue.

EverythingsHazy and Alexis like this.
  17. EverythingsHazy

I understand that conservation isn’t an issue, I was just wondering if having a much lower tolerance would allow you to get the same benefits with less vaping, mainly because it’s a bit harsh on the throat sometimes.

It’s great that you get sufficient relief to avoid opiates.

arb and ataxian like this.
  18. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I never had a vapor bag?

What does it taste like?

@Baron23 ?

arb likes this.
  19. arb

arb Active Member

Gotcha I understand what your saying and I guess the answer is........maybe but probably not.
    I don't stop vaping when I am high I stop vaping when the pain stops.....sometime it also involves a nap.
    Sorry it is a very subjective thing as it can depend on my attitude,how stressed or tired I feel,the quality of the cannabis and a dozen other variables make a set answer nearly impossible.

EverythingsHazy and ataxian like this.
  20. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Less vapeing would mean a smaller chance for repository irritation, that makes sense. However if a vape is painful to use its either the wrong vape or the method of use needs a review.

just_the_flu, Jill NYC and arb like this.
  21. EverythingsHazy

Ok, that makes sense. It's a complicated issue, so I was just curious what you thought, since you're treating pain, and doing so successfully.

I agree that it shouldn't be painful to use a good quality vaporizer, moderately. Inhaling a very high volume of vapor, can still burn the throat/lungs, though, even if you cool/humidify it.

I love the E-Nano, but I feel like given the amount of hits it can extract from such a tiny amount of bud, vaping 3.5g through it in a single day would leave my throat burning pretty badly, though I'm not sure if the throat irritation is something to which you can build a tolerance. It would also take all day of sitting at my desk taking hits every so often, to finish that much bud. The volcano would be easier to consume a lot of vapor pretty quickly, since there is no draw resistance, and you can really milk the bags, if you fill the chamber with a decent amount of bud.

When the bags are fresh and good quality, they are great. You get nice pure vapor, with no draw resistance. When they are used, they taste a bit more like a used bong. Not necessarily "bad", but not as pleasant as a clean bag or glass piece, flavor-wise.

RUDE BOY and Jill NYC like this.
  22. LesPlenty

Well there you go..:disgust: I always thought it was the temp as in some ones website, 420Vapezone, you know that is the max type zone for vaping.
    Maybe my intake is a bit high....sometimes :haw:

EverythingsHazy, Jill NYC and arb like this.
  23. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

Yeah, the number is just a coincidence. It is also the number when your battery is fully charged (at least on my battery charger for my Milaana).
    There are many theories on who started the term... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)
    There are also other sources/origin stories if you feel like falling into an internet hole!

LesPlenty and arb like this.
  24. arb

arb Active Member

Hitler's birthday also...........weird.

25. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Yeah thats why I also said "or the method of use needs a review." Even the best vape designers can anticipate or moderate all the users choices.

arb likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors