How many TRUE combustion-fuckers?

How many TRUE combustion-fuckers?

• Total voters

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I truly CANNOT combust. Tastes horrible. Rather smoke a cigar than a joint - crazy, never thought I'd feel that way. I get sick on it... but the reason I'm posting is today I realized I do not need a teeth cleaning. My teeth are pearly white! Holy crap, for the first time in 40 years.

vakednotfried

i get vaked and hit vongs is it so wrong?
:rip:haven't combusted for 3 years havent touched anything combusted related except my bong that I use with my eq. My missus combusts every so often and even the smell of it makes me yucccckkk ewwwww gross.

Fuck combustion and all its forms.
Wish I started vaping years ago cleaner and imo the high is so much better and last way longer.

Jaindoh

I have really bad shoulder/neck issues (fm) and coughing from smoking was causing me hours of pain

Since going combustion-free 2 years ago I only combust when my vape is out of service. No more respiratory infections, very very little coughing, and I breathe a LOT better.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I just started my mission to bust combustion ...

Bought my DBV on 6/15/15, haven't combusted cannabis since my very first sesh.

Also been a cigarette smoker for over 20 years (less than 1/2 a pack a day)
Shortly afterwards... I pulled out my most powerful Vape Pen (16 useless pens gathering dust)

Went to the Vapor Store and picked out a nice tank and some E-Juice..
I'd previously tried to quit tobacco a long time ago, using the rudimentary e-cigs when they first came out.. (N-joy carts)..no luck, those things were so inconsistent.
But now....

My pen + Kangertech Aerotank Mega + Vanilla Pipe Tobacco E-Juice =
No more nasty, nasty Marlboros.

A few days ago, my battery was charging and I got the nicotine craving, so I reached for the cigarettes..
I lit up, and I just about vomited... Gahhh...:uhoh::puke:

Never Again!!

Vape Life Forever :cheers:

VapeHeadz

Yeah I fucked combustion completely around 2 years ago. I have been vaping for 4 years or so but only switched to full time vaping 2 yrs ago. It was so worth it, my lungs are so much healthier from switching to vaping only.

I'm planning on never smoking again.

THC_Graphs.png

mightyhigh

combustion free for a couple weeks now. getting a portable has really made the difference. still very tempted to hit the joint when it rolls by but it has been getting easier, especially now that i'm not enjoying the burning smell as much. my taste buds are definitely coming back! last couple puffs i took tasted awful and gave me a headache.. my gf is a little annoyed that i'm not smoking with her anymore... maybe i'll join her again but i am really enjoying getting into the full vape experience. i also know that it makes taking a tbreak much easier for me, and i'm due for a break. thanks for the great info and community fc!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
she does but says she doesn't like the high as much..

IMO the high does differ between smoking and vaping. The difference can be big depending on the strain. Generally...At lower heat settings I get a more cerebral buzz than at the higher heat settings and I've noticed sometimes that the cerebral concentration is uncomfortable for some and can cause 'the noids'. Vaping at higher temps gets some folks closer to the less cerebral, combination of cerebral and overall body buzz that they like better. Maybe stepping the temp up a few notches might be a middle ground for you and the GF.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
combustion free for a couple weeks now. getting a portable has really made the difference. still very tempted to hit the joint when it rolls by but it has been getting easier, especially now that i'm not enjoying the burning smell as much. my taste buds are definitely coming back! last couple puffs i took tasted awful and gave me a headache.. my gf is a little annoyed that i'm not smoking with her anymore... maybe i'll join her again but i am really enjoying getting into the full vape experience. i also know that it makes taking a tbreak much easier for me, and i'm due for a break. thanks for the great info and community fc!
Next time you try a joint you may be repulsed by it, then you'll know you will be finally free from combustion. Most of us that decided to leave combustion behind don't smoke for the most part because it tastes so bad to us. When we smoked regularly it didn't bother us. It's amazing how the brain changes from accepting combustion to being unable to appreciate it any longer.

It took me 2 to 3 weeks before I didn't feel the urge to combust any longer.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
As a somewhat new Vaporist, I ran into my first awkward social interaction with a joint being offered to me repeatedly.

I felt "snobby" and little rude refusing joint after joint, while the host of the party was introducing me as a "Connoisseur of Cannabis" as I really didn't know very many of the folks there.

People were confused as to why I kept refusing the joint.

My "excuse "
"I have a compromised immune system, so I don't "smoke" any longer "

"I use a vaporizer exclusively "

All while holding my gigantic e-cig and Kangertech Megatank...& ripping fat clouds of vapor.

I'm thinking it may have been the fact that I was completely sober and everyone else was drunk, but I kept getting asked..
"So you don't smoke flowers?"

:bang::hmm:

This situation has proven I need to get a portable Vape, as I was really needing to medicate, but my wife wasn't ready to leave.
And the smell of the joint burning wasn't as bad as the cigarette smoke, but it was still nauseating.

One good thing that came from this...

I was able to convert at least 2 combusters, both said they were going to grab a Vape ASAP after listening to my testimonial about my experience with the switch.

Long live the Vapor :nod:

Kalessin

I switched to vaping exclusively in March, and I don't see myself ever going back. I stopped because my lungs were starting to be affected by the constant smoking, and they are much better since I quit. I really don't feel much urge to smoke at all anymore. I do miss the social group aspect, and like I saw one or two other people say I have encountered some disbelief, confusion and pressure to smoke when I've been around smokers and I find it -intensely- uncomfortable. But even with that I do not regret fucking combustion at all. Thanks to FC as a whole for being such a supportive place, it made my switch much easier than it could have been.

VapeHeadz

As a somewhat new Vaporist, I ran into my first awkward social interaction with a joint being offered to me repeatedly.

I felt "snobby" and little rude refusing joint after joint, while the host of the party was introducing me as a "Connoisseur of Cannabis" as I really didn't know very many of the folks there.

People were confused as to why I kept refusing the joint.

My "excuse "
"I have a compromised immune system, so I don't "smoke" any longer "

"I use a vaporizer exclusively "

All while holding my gigantic e-cig and Kangertech Megatank...& ripping fat clouds of vapor.

I'm thinking it may have been the fact that I was completely sober and everyone else was drunk, but I kept getting asked..
"So you don't smoke flowers?"

:bang::hmm:

This situation has proven I need to get a portable Vape, as I was really needing to medicate, but my wife wasn't ready to leave.
And the smell of the joint burning wasn't as bad as the cigarette smoke, but it was still nauseating.

One good thing that came from this...

I was able to convert at least 2 combusters, both said they were going to grab a Vape ASAP after listening to my testimonial about my experience with the switch.

Long live the Vapor :nod:

This scenario has happened to me quite a few times now. It's a bit awkward at first to keep saying no to bongs and joints but after a while everyone gets the idea that I'm not going to use those methods. Some people find it hard to understand for a while, especially as they know me as a 20+ yr old bong user. I'm sticking to what I like, enjoy and wont to do, and that is vaping straight cannabis!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
More and more of my friends are seeing the light, but they are not really very educated about it all.

They are all going for more and more concentrates but honestly don't think one has a clue what the difference between BHO and QWISO. I think they all just want to consume more inconspicuously and don't want to smell like a hippy's nut sack anymore.

Ace of Space

Fucked combustion completely too, now for about a year. It has been a hard battle though, staying off of joints, like many here, but i finally made it!

Years ago i bought one of the first Verdampers, the one with the paintstripper, but i thought vapor should be invisible, so every time it started to show what i know now is vapor, i thought it combusted and continued with lower temps for invisible 'vapor'. Obviously it had zero effect, and when a friend borrowed the paint stripper to strip paint, i got it back all fucked up from paint smell, never used it again and moved it to the attic. Same story with an extreme Q years later... (jeez, do i feel stupid now)

When dabbing came up, i started dabbing bubble a few of years ago but it gave me anxiety, paranoids etc so i couldn't stay off of joints completely, but i slowly learned the different effects of different strains that i never noticed that much when smoking joints, and i stayed off smoking more and more.

Still feeling that a vaporizer would be healthier than dabbing bubble, i found the Herborizer, and looking for reviews i found this forum and that changed everything basically. I bought the Herborizer and i slowly fucked combustion completely. I would still smoke a joint weekly, then monthly, then just at party's, and then stopped completely. Apart from finding the taste of combustion increasingly revolting, it would make me more and more physically sick, nauseous, and the last time i did this, i shared a small joint with three people at new years eve, and the few hits got me so sick i had to leave and lie on the couch at home for an hour or so before being able to stand up again.

I did have some trouble with the Herborizer because of the long, hot draws that hurt my throat, but now that i have an enano, that seems to be history \0/

Well, that was a long one, i just have to say how completely happy i am that i'm off combustion and feel healthier every day, and a big part of that is through this community that provided me with such loads of good information. Thank you all!

Top Bottom