how many times can vg & pg be resaturated?

quick question;

if i bathe decarbed bud in a mix of pg & vg for a four or five hours in a double boiler and then decide to sieve the used bud and add more new bud to the same vg/pg to increase the concentration and strength... do you think this will work and how many times can i do it before the vg & pg stop working efficiently?

ganjafarmer,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
That is not the correct function of pg or vg. You are looking to use it as a solvent, which it is not. It is something which is combinable with solvent extracts, to make them wickable for use in atomizer tanks.

You do not use these substances to extract cannabinoids from plant material, decarbed or otherwise.

I hope that answers your line of thinking?

seaofgreens,

Monsoon

Keep in mind you'll lose portion of your saturated oil each ime in the now wet and separated decarbed bud. If you're looking to make e-juice, a better way would be to do an alcohol extraction to concentrate it and then dissolve it into the PG/VG. Less losses, more potency.

Monsoon,

HomeFree

Extract it with a different solvent that works well and then use some juice meant to make e-juice out of cannabis concentrate to thin it out if you are set on using it in an ecig tank. Or just dab it!

HomeFree,

Deleted Member 1643

Haven't tried multiple extractions. Skunk Pharm says two or three times. Never steered me wrong. Weren't vaping, though.

Have vaped VG extract of QWET filtrate. Felt mild effects. Tasted bad and was nearly impossible to filter.

Plan to try again. Maybe VG extract fresh freeze-dried flowers at low temps to preserve flavor. PG might help potency, flavor and filtration. Or do separate extracts and mix.

Likely lose activity in the filtrate. Only way to recover might be to re-extract in fresh VG/PG.

Agree - likely more trouble than it's worth and wasteful. Easier to dissolve concentrate in PEG 400/PG and use glycerin on a second coil, if desired. See Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes. Still, could be an interesting alternative.

Deleted Member 1643,
Top Bottom