How Many Cook with New (unvaped) Bud?

Do you cook with new (unvaped) bud, ABV or trim?

• Total voters

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Thanks,
just watched the Greenflower e-seminar on tinctures with mostly sublingual method.
I might try that with some of my canna-coconut oil.
I imagine it will have a somewhat grassy/ not pleasant taste but might experiment
If you have it, one drop cinnamon leaf essential oil or one drop myrrh essential oil per gram finished coconut oil helps with taste as well as helping to know where it is under your tongue. Myrrh is pretty cool, it works as an antiseptic, and is commonly used in toothpaste for that property.

Peace!

Last edited:
OldOyler,
Reactions: Ozyzj

RelaxedNow

Here's a tip that you may find helpful, as your baked or cooked products won't taste green. In fact, brownies will have no weed taste at all. Although other food items may have a very slight taste, it will be barely noticeable, and actually quite pleasant.

Before infusing oil or butter, I soak the weed in room-temperature water, in a large bowl with a plate floating on top (the plate keeps everything under the water). I then dump and replace the water every few hours, until it is clear (or nearly so). Depending on the weed, this can take anywhere from about 12 hours (typical) to a couple of days (extreme case).

The next step is to dry and decarboxylate the weed. I do this by spreading it evenly on a cookie sheet, and placing in the oven at 175F until the weed is completely dry. By the time it's dry, it will begin to look like it is close to cooking (very dry and slightly darker-colored). Don't worry though, as the goodness hasn't been cooked out.

If you appreciate the taste of chlorophyll or wet hay, this method may not be for you, but if the point is to make baked goods that will medicate well, while still tasting like they were intended, you'll love this.

Oh, and I use lecithin. My subjective opinion is that it does its job as a binder, enhancing the potency of the end product.

RelaxedNow,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom