1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

How long until you completely gave up combustion...

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by TboneToker, May 11, 2014.

1. TboneToker

TboneToker Member

How long did it take you to stop combusting when you started vaping? For me it was instant.. I have only smoked once to try a piece I was gifting my friend. I don't think I am missing any of the high that I had when I was combusting so it was easy to switch over for me...
    nihil, Seren, Ratchett and 4 others like this.
  2. fidget

fidget Well-Known Member

Three days then stopped combusting completely - that was 52 months ago
    Seren and tuk like this.
  3. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

I got tired of smoking.. Leaned how to BHO and started blasting my head with concentrates... then i learned about vaporizers.. and switched back to herb :) , These days i run small 1-2 g runs of to get 0.1-0.2 hard candy which i dab on my kanger protank 2 .. I will never make the mistake of messing with huge quantities of concentrate to fuck my tolerance big time ever :DWill never turn back to smoking.. also will do only Quick ethanol washes.. No butane oil ever again..
    Seren likes this.
  4. Caligula

Caligula *results not typical.

Went from smoking tons every day (from a dry pipe mind you) to vaping concentrates overnight. From there, I branched out back into flowers... and well, the voyage continues!
    Seren, Fredster951 and Mrmrmrmr like this.
  5. walrus

walrus Well-Known Member

I was pretty much instant as far as personal use goes. Haven't purposely had a combustion session since getting my MFLB years ago. Now it's usually Underdog, dabs, or Lotus at home, pens or Lotus on the go. I don't turn down combustion if someone offers me a joint or a hit off of their pipe or something though so I still combust occasionally. Always tastes like someone dragged delicious herb through a dirty old ashtray though.
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  6. Elluzion

Elluzion Vapeosaurus Rex

Instantly. I started ona vape and knew i never wanted smoke:)
    Seren likes this.
  7. pigfoot

pigfoot Dabs are vaping too!

Soon as I tried a my first vape :)
    Seren likes this.
  8. Chicken Charlie

Chicken Charlie Well-Known Member

Never looked backed (nor would I) after a health concern.
    TboneToker likes this.
  9. TboneToker

TboneToker Member

I love your username Chicken Charlie!
    Chicken Charlie likes this.
  10. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

About 5 seconds.
    Seren, TboneToker and Abysmal Vapor like this.
  11. as

as Well-Known Member

It was alest 6 months for me might have bin longer
    I got my solo but not was not enough to make me stop
    Strange as I really did not like smoking
    I then got a da Buddha
    Was still smoking more then vaping
    But I knew I liked vaping more
    I then found e-cigs
    Coming from the UK I grew up smoking spliffs
    The day I got my e CIG I stopped smoking
    I would not admit I was addicted to nicotine until I stopped smoking
    Now a days I will say no to joints even if I don't have my vape on me I just don't like it any more vaping is king for me
    Seren, TboneToker and BarnBoy like this.
  12. syrupy

syrupy reitcello - it's what's for breakfast

Vaping and I entered into an exclusive relationship about the time I got my first two vapes--Vapolution and a Vriptech heat want. Didn't miss the fuzzy couchlock feeling of smoking at all. Also vapes are more interesting devices than a bic lighter and a bong.
    Seren likes this.
  13. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Mine was instantly at home but on the go I was still rolling joints. When I got my first portable is when I was completely done combusting.
    Seren likes this.
  14. Chicken Charlie

Chicken Charlie Well-Known Member

@TboneToker Thank-you...and a collective thanks (if I may) to all on this board that made my transition from "token" to "vapin" a reality. This is a really nice community.
  15. Grim Chiclets

Grim Chiclets Well-Known Member

Just about overnight, though it took like 3 weeks for me to notice the effects getting stronger every time...
    It was very strange to vape less and somehow get MORE baked every successive time over the lung-cleaning period
  16. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

For me - it wasn't until I found a better vape.

Bought a vaporbrother's knockoff 5+ years ago (after hearing from my old roommates about how great vaporizing was). Sadly I had never used a real vape, or even vaped with anyone else! But the knockoff sucked. I tried it a handful of times, but then put it away, rarely ever used it.

Then my friend let me try his PAX, and I decided to give portable vaping a try. I opted to purchase the Davinci Ascent. Since it wasn't a big cloud producer, it took me a week to finally try vaping exclusively and not combusting.

After a week or two with my Ascent (and no combusting), I was hooked! To the point where my tastes changed, and I could no longer stand the taste of combustion. Hell, now I can't STAND the taste of combusting.
    KeroZen and Seren like this.
  17. cybrguy

cybrguy Lover of natures bounty

I haven't been around most of my smoking buddies in a while, so the transition has been easier then it might have been otherwise. I have only smoked twice since I started vaping, and that was early. I think I am done unless circumstances "require" it. :)
    Ratchett likes this.
  18. turk

turk turk

....and me .....after I got my 1st vape...(silver surfer)....that was it...NEVER looked back....and I smoked for over 40 years...turned my gf into a disciple...some of my old smoking buddies are a harder sell...
  19. grokit

grokit power cosmic

For me it was years. The first vape I tried back in the 90's didn't work out for me. Then about 10 years later I fell in love with my ssv and used it almost exclusively for a year or two. Then I went back to combusting, as I was using too way much material (wasn't reclaiming the abv, ssv is a known weed hog the way I was using it). At the time I felt that I was getting way more mileage out of my dugout, and I probably was.

Then last year I was combusting like crazy and it was starting to make me feel extremely toxic. I got back into my ssv and got a pax, which led me here. I haven't combusted since, and feel much better!
    Seren, Grim Chiclets and Ratchett like this.
  20. TboneToker

TboneToker Member

Damn double-C, you're making me want to change my longtime username (username for various things) to TboneVaper but TboneToker just sounds a bit better!

I suppose I should reiterate my true case..

I first purchased a MFLB-imitator, Da-kube.. I liked it a lot but I never found it to be great enough to stop smoking.. That was more than a year ago. Quickly, I had to get a higher end vape on my table so I caved in and mustered up the extra cash to pick up an Extreme-Q. While the E-Q did the job I really never found myself totally quitting the combustion.. In fact I eventually stopped using the E-Q for the most part and my friend now uses it (It's basically his now :D )

P.S I love making my friends happy so it's all good!

Anyways.. I eventually started coughing up the tar and such from combusting too much in my bongs. I realized that it had basically gotten bad enough where every toke I took made me spit out at least a bit of brown/dark phlegm so I had to purchase a vape.

I picked The Aromed 4.0 which I LOVE!!! I have already done a review on it on the Aromed 4.0 thread so I will leave it at that.

Basically though, when I received the Aromed 4.0 I stopped combusting, for more reasons than just the one I mentioned earlier. I like the feeling better, I like the fact that I can walk up to my bong or whip or whatever the Aromed is attached to and start hauling my draw. I love the flavor more and overall it's better because the room doesn't get too smoky and such. If you've read this far then PROPS MATE and THANKS!!
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Ratchett and Grim Chiclets like this.
  21. btka

btka Well-Known Member

instantly... i knew if i wouldn t stop combusting instantly it wouldn t happen...
    RUDE BOY and Seren like this.
  22. cybrguy

cybrguy Lover of natures bounty

One of the things that I have found entertaining for me is how complete the change has been. I combusted every day for MANY years, and when at home usually through a bong or other water pipe. I had been known to clean the water every week or two, and give the pipe a good cleaning only after 2 or 3 months.
    Since starting vaping I change the water daily and clean the pipe every couple days. Last night I accidentally combusted with my LOTUS in the bong, and immediately dumped the water and cleaned the pipe. I am also using bottled water rather than tap, as the tap water has a slight chlorine smell. One combusted bong would have made that unnoticeable. Now, with vaping, the taste is JUST as important as the effect. Well, maybe not JUST... ;)
    turk, nihil, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  23. Seren

Seren Away with the fairies

The arrival of my Solo and an e-cig helped me say goodbye to combusting for good - literally overnight. I'm not saying it was a breeze to switch - for the first couple of weeks I still fancied a joint - I'd been smoking them for 20 years or so - and old habits die hard. But, a couple of months down the line, at a festival, I found myself partying without a vaporizer - I'd left it in the van - and so accepted a joint. It was foul - and made me feel really sluggish and polluted. I'm glad I relapsed that once - it reconfirmed how great vapour tastes and how much I prefer the effects. A couple of months after switching I no longer felt the need for my e-cig. The only negative effect has been my slow but sure development of VAS!

:2c: :peace: ;)
    KeroZen, Deja Vu and Ratchett like this.
  24. HugieLewis

HugieLewis I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion

Since getting my SSV I have only combusted a few times...at the lake when I didn't want to bring my rig, a bachelor party...maybe one or two other times. Whenever I am not vaping it just tastes like burning to me now.

Of course I still smoke though....ribs, chickens, pork etc etc! :lol:
    Deja Vu, Seren, grokit and 1 other person like this.
  25. nihil

nihil Well-Known Member

2 days. 2.5 months in and I haven't looked back.

I bought a Pax to quit smoking (roll your owns for 20+ years). It was rough for a few days, but I cowboyed up and made it through it. Am loving the Pax(es) for nicotine.

For herb, I'm running an enano. I'm having so much fun rediscovering glass that I haven't even thought of combusting. Before the enano, I'd still combust as the Pax was too wasteful and an N02 that I was running just wasn't doing it. Log vapes rock for herb.
    Deja Vu, Seren, grokit and 1 other person like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors