How long does your vape high last? Tolerance?

GreenLeaf

I'm new to vaping and I got back into using herb after a 5 year hiatus.

When I vaped the experience lasted a very long time, and I only took two hits.

I'm not complaining I was just pleasantly surprised since I figured the experience would last as long as smoking does but for me it lasted longer than smoking the same amount would have.

Is this normal or was it because I had zero tolerance at all?

For those of you who vape regularly how long does your experience last for?

Does a tolerance grow rapidly the more you vape like it would for combustion?

GreenLeaf,
Probably a bit of both.
Tolerance is not to be underestimated - my wife gets blasted on a couple of hits (one MyrtleZap stem) but it takes me a few more.

I definitely get longer-lasting buzzes off vaping vs. combusting. I think it is because you aren't breathing all that CO and other nastiness that causes headaches and effective kills some of the high.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i think tolerance is a big factor ... if i vape as much as i really want to ('cause i really enjoy the process), i get used to the high and it seems to not last as long (until i drive into town). Properly spaced vape sessions is the best for me sustaining the effect i want.

Hippie Dickie,

whosgottheherb

I agree with Howie, however I think vaping gets your tolerance up much quicker. my:2c:.

If you just stick 2 vaping, you will be alright

whosgottheherb,

GreenLeaf

Hippie Dickie said:
i think tolerance is a big factor ... if i vape as much as i really want to ('cause i really enjoy the process), i get used to the high and it seems to not last as long (until i drive into town). Properly spaced vape sessions is the best for me sustaining the effect i want.
I would not personally drive after vaping but I know what you mean about how when you vape you'll have times when you think that you're coming down or mostly sober and then you discover that you still have the full effect of the THC. :)

GreenLeaf,

steiner666

Serial vapist
first time i vaped it was about .3 grams and i was stoned for about 3-4 hours. i have been smoking a gram or so a day for years prior to that, and .3 grams would get me stoned for about an hour smoked. So i think your esperience is pretty normal. I'd expect it to lessen a bit as you develop a bit of a tolerance, but it will always be longer and better than smoking if you're doing it right.

steiner666,

Budz Bunny

After vaping almost exclusively for over a year, I can tell you I can combust most of my friends "under the table". I believe vaping had increased my tolerance.:uhoh:

Budz Bunny,

gb902

Vaporog
Sometimes the high lasts over 3 hours, other times about 2 hours. It just depends by the strain.
Now I'm vaping since almost a year ago, and I don't have problems with tolerance just because I vape only about 2, max 3 times a week

gb902,

jx80

I was in a similar situation after a 5 years hiatus myself and started eating it before vaping and it would last always over 3 hours. I started vaping months later and the same effects would continue. Its been about 2 years now and vape a couple times a week and I still get at least 3 hours or more.

jx80,

realvapedman

Howie Feltersnatch said:
Probably a bit of both.
Tolerance is not to be underestimated - my wife gets blasted on a couple of hits (one MyrtleZap stem) but it takes me a few more.

I definitely get longer-lasting buzzes off vaping vs. combusting. I think it is because you aren't breathing all that CO and other nastiness that causes headaches and effective kills some of the high.
+1 :cool:

realvapedman,
Top Bottom