• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How long does your average session last?

JustAnotherToker

I got the solo a month ago and I love it. It's my first vaporizer ever so I didn't know what to expect with it.
The only thing I find that can really be improved is the session duration.
1 full solo stem lasts me around 12 min and I usually do 2 stems (the weed I have atm isn't too potent) so that usually translates to around 30 min vaping.
Many times 30 min is too much time to get medicated but I don't know how to shorten it.
I start the solo on 5 for half the session then I put it on 7 to finish as I get a lot of vapor when I switch to 7 from 5.
The only thing I can think of to get faster sessions is to get a desktop vape or am I doing something wrong?

JustAnotherToker,
Reactions: Hexi

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
You could find a portable that holds more herbs. I know if I use my NO2 I'm gonna have to do two 15-20 minute sessions with around 0.20gm or I can put about 1.2 gm in the long TVape and blast through it in 5 minutes. Different vaporizers for different times ! The Solo may be a great vape in many ways but doing a quick session with a lot of herb isn't one of them.

z9

It depends what vape I'm using. A session can last from 2 minutes to 10 minutes with my log depending on how I use it. I can load up some ground bud and kill it in two hits through a water pipe or I can load up a nug and sip on the vapor for a long time. However if I'm using something like the NO2 my session will take about 15 minutes from heat up to clean up.

The solo doesn't really have the power to extract a bowl faster than what you're stating, nor does my NO2 or many other portables for that matter. You need the power of a desktop for faster extractions.

Last edited:

JustAnotherToker

You need the desktop power for faster extractions.

Hmm I guess it's time to start looking for a desktop vape... and I just got the PA for my solo :p

But so many options... these are the desktop units I was looking at: EQ, DaBuddha, SS, HerbalAire 2.2, Plenty, LSV...

JustAnotherToker,

lwien

GREAT list of vapes there. You would be happy with any of them, but if it were me, here's how I would choose from that list.

If I wanted a vape that I was going to be using mostly myself but also wanted one that I could use in party situations, I would go with the EQ.

If the scenario above included more party situations, I'd go with the HerbalAire.

If it was just going to be used solo and one of my primary concerns was ease of use and convenience and didn't want to hook it up to a bong or bubbler, I'd go with the Buddha or SSV.

If I wanted all glass vapor path that produced a REALLY good taste AND wanted to run it through a bong or bubbler, I'd go with the LSV.

Others may have different opinions about the vapes in your list, but for what it's worth, there's mine.

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
A session with the sublimator takes 2-3mins start to finish.

Wih my solo I need the full 10-12 min (whatever the auto shutoff is).

But I can get the solo to extract very quickly - basically a one lungful hit multiple times, throughout a session. This way one 12 min session is all that is needed.
Use a PVhes stem, then dome a screen so that it takes up about half the useable space in the stem. This is required because otherwise you will end up with extremely uneven abv.

So place an empty solo stem in the solo, turn it on to 7, and allow the stem to be fully heat saturated. Then load and hit it. One lungful of joy, then reload and repeat until the timer is done. 3-4 hits.

crawdad

floatin
vapor genie glass sherlock, full bowl one hit and done...or 3-4 hits in about 2 minutes and done. one is wasteful and one is not, however i sometimes ok with waste due to situation.

JustAnotherToker

I have the pvhes and a small bong where I can fit the pvhes perfectly, if I fill it with hot water the hits will be more manageable and I should be able to finish it much sooner. I will try it when I get home in a few hours. If I do a full session at 7 only it should be done much faster I hope.

JustAnotherToker,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

weedemon

enthusiast
Id say you should get yourself a nice desktop style home vaporizer.

my use pretty much matches what you do with yours. 1-2 stems. 12-20 min per stem for me. I sometimes do a full 2 12 min cycles on the same stem of herb.

It's tims consuming yes, but the solo is one heck of a good vape :) if you want something faster the mflb or flashvape might be something for you to consider.

but yes I think having a solid home vape is essential to any vaporist who really wants to do this "full time".

Hexi

I got the solo a month ago and I love it. It's my first vaporizer ever so I didn't know what to expect with it.
The only thing I find that can really be improved is the session duration.
1 full solo stem lasts me around 12 min and I usually do 2 stems (the weed I have atm isn't too potent) so that usually translates to around 30 min vaping.
Many times 30 min is too much time to get medicated but I don't know how to shorten it.
I start the solo on 5 for half the session then I put it on 7 to finish as I get a lot of vapor when I switch to 7 from 5.
The only thing I can think of to get faster sessions is to get a desktop vape or am I doing something wrong?

Yep, the Solo is a travel vape that we have forced into a semi-desktop thanks to after market mods.

12 mins + (always +) is the #1 downside to the Solo.

After much research, I've settled on the EVO for my desktop. From the user experience perspective, it should be like a SOLO (easy to use, GONG, invert or upright, small footprint, no custom accessories needed, load and hit etc...) but have the power of a true desktop to reduce the time commitment.

12 mins for a solo usually ends up being 30 minutes, 2x 12 min cycle times + prep/warm up/warm down/ stirring whatevs.

Hexi,
Reactions: weedemon

JustAnotherToker

Looks great the only problem is it's 110V and I'm in Europe (220V) :(

12 mins for a solo usually ends up being 30 minutes, 2x 12 min cycle times + prep/warm up/warm down/ stirring whatevs.

This describes it perfectly!

Hi I tried to use my persei for the first time today with the SR-71 attachment and there was no heat produced by the SR-71 and gas was produced from behind the button on the persei. Any help would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
JustAnotherToker,
The extraction time w/ the Solo is my biggest complaint with that device... I do 1-2 12 min cycles per bowl usually and sometimes it feels like I should really keep going in order to get the most out of my flowers. ~30 min+ to consume ~.1g of flower is not cutting it for me. Hoping the Herbalizer leads to significantly reduced extraction time.

letter never sent,

420time

yea arizer solo stem takes 2 12 minute sessions even with a Pinnacle HydroTube hooked up to it, but takes 3-4 12 minute sessions with oil or wax topped on it. a gram can get me a good 4-5 nice bowls topped with oil with the solo but with the PnP it uses like .3 or so for a nice pack to get massive clouds with the WT. not as quick extracting thc out of it with the Pinnacle Pro but seems to strech my marijuana consumption alot longer then using my PnP pro. a gram would only last me 2 bowls -3 bullets but i can have 2 great sessions each bowl with oil or without but with oil is much more of a punch in the face.

420time,

techandchess

Arizer solo - ~30 minutes.
2x12 minute sessions, 6 minutes cleanup/setup/warmup. With a PWNT shave off ~4 minutes a session but I broke mine like in one month.

Still makes a great vape to wander around the house with, or to take to somebody elses house (what I'm doing now). Also if I'm pinching pennies it's mighty efficient.

--

Da buddha - ~20 minutes
1x15 minute session, ~5 minutes cleanup/warmup. With a bong attached shave off ~5 minutes.

Reduced session time is the #1 reason I got into vaporbonging, and 15 minutes is reasonable IMO.

--

As a medical user (once daily), 1 minute a night for 365 nights a year is 6 full hours. It's well worth my time + money to get something a bit faster. I'm looking into a cloud evo next.

techandchess,

Caligula

Maximus
Hi I tried to use my persei for the first time today with the SR-71 attachment and there was no heat produced by the SR-71 and gas was produced from behind the button on the persei. Any help would be great

Sadly you assembled the unit wrong and fried your Persei top. Its a free replacement for an upgraded top via the warranty (the new tops wont short out like that) but you need to pay to ship the dead unit back to W9.

You need to submit a help ticket on the Up Tech website and post up in the Persei thread.

Sorry for the bad news. If you have a double top you can use that one still, but for the love of god ask for help putting it together in the Persei thread so this doesnt happen again.

Also go buy a digital multimeter. The cheapest ones are fine (under $15 USD). These are essential to determine if the SR71 is assembled properly.

Last edited:
Caligula,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The Lotus is a fast extracter and it's portable, flame based.

Other than that, the LSV would be my choice. You can buy the 220V version on EDIT and on the LSV website.

vorrange,
Reactions: Jahannum

JustAnotherToker

I had an old bong at home that had a broken stem, lucky me I didn't throw it away as the PVHES fits perfectly :)
I tried it last night and the sessions are faster but only slightly, I out it on 7 and then go all out but it still needs 12 min to do the full stem but it's a bit easier on the lungs.

IMG_6345.jpg

JustAnotherToker,

djonkoman

I find vaping is something you have to take the time for. usually I don't really have 'sessions', if I'm at home and vaping my bong will be standfing next to me on the floor with a loaded bowl, and my UD stands next to my hand, on my desk or on a box depending on where I'm sitting. I think that's one of the great things about vaping, I can take my time without worrying my weed/hash is burning away between hits.

I only have sessions if I vape with others, in that case I often use my DV. usually one bowl lasts me about 1,5-2 cycles, so 15-20 minutes, but it depends on the weed. also it depends on the temp, for example if I'm hanging out at the coffeeshop, maybe playing a game with some people while vaping, I usually start at 175 degrees, later switch to 180. depending on the strain/batch I sometimes turn it up to 185. but if I do't have that much time, for example we step outside with a groyup of poeople, them smoking cigs and joints, and I have to match their speed since we're going inside again as a group when they're finished, I start at 180. I also start at 180 if I'm sharing with friends who aren't used to vaping, to give them a bit more visible clouds to remind them more of combustion.

but then is a session the duration of one bowl, or does it include reloading? because in the latter case, I held hourlong sessions with a friend this past week. I only had hash myself, so I took my VG, but also had my DV with me. started off with passing the VG between 3 people(myself included), later the DV joined in loaded with weed from one of the others, then there was a break to smoke a joint with tobacco outside, and continueed vaping inside. still only went trough 5 euros of hash or so(after 2 of such evenings), the magic of vaping.

djonkoman,

Curiousone

I'm finding myself getting bugged with how much time I spend vaping....I too have the solo and while I love it and its efficiency, I need something that can get me there quicker. I tend to run each stem 3 full 12 min sessions(levels 3, 5, and 7). When I'm not alone I only use the last two settings. Sometimes take 2-3 stems so that's a lot of time!

Curiousone,
Top Bottom