How long can I keep my oil?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Guys, when I make oil I feel it stronger the first days and after a week less powerfull? Is it a normal process?

i'm thinking shatter is better if I want to keep it, but how many times?

I made 5 or 6g of bho from trim and low quality bud 10 weeks ago and this oil loose the effect strenght (not all), I keep it in closed glass container in my home room...

Perhaps it will be better to make small amount and repeat extraction every 1 week or 2....

Thanks for your help

PPN,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I'm wondering if it is your tolerance and not the oil?

The reason I say this is oil should never weaken that fast stored properly, however your tolerance to it will increase with increased usage.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Get no-goo type silicone jars, keep it/those inside a mason jar in a cool dark place.

I've kept different strains (bho/qwiso) for more than a year in that setting with no noticeable change at all.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thanks guys, my last kief bho extraction is so powerfull than I thought that my old batch of trim was degraded....:rofl:

sundaddy

Thanks guys, my last kief bho extraction is so powerfull than I thought that my old batch of trim was degraded....:rofl:
There was a guy at the Emerald Cup this year talking about oil that's 2,3 even like 5 years old that's still good. I think they age like fine wine.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
As does 'properly' long cured/aged cannabis. I prefer a minimum 6 month bud cure personally :nod: as for me... it's all about the flavour ;)

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
As does 'properly' long cured/aged cannabis. I prefer a minimum 6 month bud cure personally :nod: as for me... it's all about the flavour ;)

I keep my flowers in a CVault for months. :nod:

I did wonder about my wax/crumble/oil. I just keep it in a container like this, and always wondered about degradation. It can in be in there more than a month too.

2r5ddnn.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom