How important is knowing what is the name of strain of weed strain you is to you?

david8613

How important is knowing what is the name of strain of weed you brought is to you? I ask this because I always ask and sometimes my seller knows some times he doesn't. I ask my friends all the time what strain they are vaping and they also dont know, they dont even know if they are vaping sativa or indica. Am I being snobbish wanting to know? My product is not dispensary stuff. Here are some pics I ask because my last batch has these long skinny buds, very different from the short fat ones I usually get.

This last looks way different from what I normally get, Anyone know why?

Last edited:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Looks more like a NLD (formerly called sativa).
How is the effect different from what you normally get? Do you start doing stuff after vaping it?

I love names when they correspond to the real thing. They then are an indicator of what I could get. So I always ask for strain names and often get weird looks.
And in illegal places names are often given to stuff, just to be able to sell it better.

Last edited:

blackstone

It's funny if you like something and you don't get a name. You're trying to remember every little detail!
I was just trying to identify an aroma or taste, and I was somewhere in between vanilla, licorice or maybe a bit sage like.
The last one is like sweet patchouli, I thought it might be Black Domina again.
Or Black Domino as one guy once wrongly called it!
That can be funny if they get a name wrong too, and you don't want to let on you know or correct them!

I've come across names that were not on leafly too, I don't know if it's european breeders or what.

Zander

it’s totally important to me to know which strain I’m smoking. I always ask, but I don’t always get an answer. if I bought my stuff through canada’s legal weed market I’d always know what I’d be smoking but buying legal is pretty expensive so I buy on the black market and sometimes you just don’t exactly know what you’re smoking when you buy from the black market.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I love to know all the details about whats going in my "pipe", which variety, where it's from, who grew it, was it a good crop/season.

But it's like what @Ramahs said around where I live.

LEGALIZE :leaf:

@david8613 I'd have a vape and shoot the shit about strains with you any day of the week. I don't think its snobbish at all. :spliff: :tup:

david8613

Wow, I thought I was the only going through this. I guess it is what it is and its normal not to really know what every strain is. Well I'm just gonna enjoy it to the max. I'm gonna try an experiment and pick up product from different friends the same week and see if it's the same stuff or different.

joner

I like knowing. I don't want to vape an indica first thing in the morning before heading out for the day, just doesn't feel right.

That being said, there's a certain bliss to being ignorant, throwing caution to the wind, letting my freak flag fly! Alright maybe a little over enthusiastic but generally if I get from Cannabis NB or one of the 710 green rooms that sell stickers and "gift" the herb, you get the strain, and if not, it's a crap shoot if you get the strain info on the black market.

I like both, I like trying to determine what an unknown strain is doing to me, increases my connossoir skills.

Sparkpug

I use cannabis for pain and have the luxury of living in at least a medical state. I have a combination of full body joint and muscle pain, lots nerve pain and bone pain. I'm a bit anal about knowing what I am using, because I've noticed that different varieties work better for different things. For bone pain, for example, a good 50/50 hybrid seems best but for nerve pain a pure sativa tends to work better.

If I don't know what I am using it sucks because I won't know if it's something to avoid or get more of, and some of them are not that effective while some can be omg amazing.

A friend of mine gave me 4 mason jars with 4 home grown varieties and acted like it didn't matter what they were because... who cares? He did not pay attention when his friend filled them. "Oh, one is Black Domina x Blue Dream, one is blue something, the other is blue something something and something..." Le sigh! 3 of them were fantastic and one was a knockout drug I ended up turning into a topical.

I also tried a kind I got a sample of from another friend and it was amazing, but again, no idea what it was.

david8613

I like to take pics of my bud because I love how beautiful this plant is, I should start keeping track of the name of the bud when I do get the name. For instance in the pics above, the first and second pic is sky Walker og "love that stuff" and the third was plantinum bubba kush, the 4th pic I dont know but it looks like sativa by the looks but I haven't vaped any of it yet to know for sure.

david8613

smaller tighter buds usually indica
longer more spaced out usually sativa

but it varies

i dislike strains that makes me paranoid
this! sometimes this happens to me or sometimes I get the shivers too! its weird. don't know how to avoid that.

david8613,

CANtalk

For me knowing the strain is pretty important :):shrug:. I'm in legal cannabis Canada and there has been an explosion of quality known-strains and affordable cannabis; it's been great, highly recommended :lol: :love:. I've even had some unknown flower recently, but I like knowing what I vape because I want to keep getting the similar best stuff that I enjoy most :leaf:. I generally agree with the indica/sativa genetics, terpene input, etc. And it's been very successful here :tup:. YMMV.

Cheers :peace: :leaf:.

CANtalk

affordable legal canadian weed? where?
QC has some of the lowest priced cannabis in the country, that's nice to have.

Quebec to offer legal cannabis at $4.49 a gram, beating grey-market price
https://globalnews.ca/news/6038415/hexo/

Under $3.50 US per gram.

I've been really impressed with other options too :) (PM me for more info if u want 2).

Here's a recent interesting article from the US. https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikead...juana-for-broke-stoners-is-here/#11a0b423c3ce. I saw this...
Still, considering that an ounce of popular strains like Blue Dream costs approximately $265 an ounce, it’s not a bad deal. Sure, the weed is not overly strong, but at 12-18% THC, it will definitely get the job done.

I recently picked up some quality BD flower for $110 US per ounce in here in Canada and posted frosty pictures :tup:.

Canada's already in a cannabis renaissance period :luv:.

Last edited:

Zander

QC has some of the lowest priced cannabis in the country, that's nice to have.

Quebec to offer legal cannabis at $4.49 a gram, beating grey-market price
https://globalnews.ca/news/6038415/hexo/

That's under $3.50 US per gram.

I've been really impressed with the other options :) (you can always PM me if u want 2).
true, but I just went and checked out all of the sqdc’s site and only found 1 product that was priced at 4,49$/gram. almost everything else is atleast 10$/gram or out of stock.

Zander,
Reactions: CANtalk

Pistol Pete

In the last few years as I got into vaping, it's been important. I like to know the strain to research about it. I for instance just got some Brainstorm that I really like. My favorite strains in the last year have been BlackBerry Pie, Purple Punch and Tangie Cookies to name a few.

Pistol Pete,
Reactions: Planck

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's interesting because even dispensaries here in CA will sell a strain labeled as sativa even though when you look it up it is a classic indica! most everything is a hybrid so I guess if that is part of it, and two different shops could have different grows that yield different properties in familiar strains I suppose... But for the most part it's just going to be a ballpark, like I always look up the strains I buy to see what their stats are, but I know that isn't necessarily going to be exactly true for the one I specifically picked up from a specific place even though it has the same name... I do tend to enjoy a good balanced hybrid with fruity flavors quite a bit though!

Top Bottom