How heavy of a user, would you all describe me as

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
max said:
pakalolo said:
Do you really need to be vaked all the time? Some medical users do need to keep a constant level in their systems, but you haven't given any reason why you are doing this.

If it's just because you like to feel high, then consider the effects of acclimation. After a while, you get so used to the feeling that it's normal. It seems to me that once you got acclimated, you increased your usage, seeking that feeling of "beyond normal" but it got harder and harder to achieve.
I agree. I've been a very regular user for decades. The last significant 'break' I had was in the early 80's. Yet I'm a lightweight in how much I use. I'm a gym rat and I do think staying active makes a difference. I also rarely partake during the day, and sometimes don't catch a buzz until pretty late at night. I've found that for me, at least, getting high early in the day spoils my night time buzz, so except for the occasional micro hit from my LB, or unless I'm sick, I'm pretty much a night time vaporist. I don't grow, can't buy wholesale, so getting by easily on a gram or less per week is what works for me. I do think vaping all day can make you 'chase a high', but everyone is different, so you have to find your own useage/comfort level.

My vaping pretty much is in parallel on yours, Max, almost always at night when I'm done with my responsibilities or earlier in the evening if it's the weekend. Hardly ever in the day.
It's something to look forward to and when I'm by myself one bowl tends to put me to sleep, and when I'm with other people I can go on and on - it's funny how that works.
I do find, and I do agree that going to the gym or doing some form of extensive physical activity makes a huge difference in my general state and also my vaped state. Exercise is an essential component of my vaporist lifestyle in that it creates balance and is immensely restorative. It's a very beneficial flip side to vaping. A very good gym opened recently two blocks from my apartment and the money that I'm saving since I quit smoking cigarettes (transitioned to ecigs fully six weeks ago) more than covers the membership.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
damn clicked the 'quote' button instead of 'edit" again - guess my potato been baking too long after all..

jeffp,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Nycdeisel said:
TwztedElegance said:
Wow man, that's some heavy usage. I don't think I would even have the energy nor the time to vape that much. I usually go through 3-4 0.05g bowls in my DBV in a day.

Hey twzted, nice to see you here! :cool: :p

I would defintely describe that as heavy usage, compared to myself.

I think you should take a break and get a PD
whatup nyc

The PD is my next buy haha, probably not for a while though.. i've got enough for now :p

TwztedVaper,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Use tincture less frequently through the day. I don't know that I'd quit or take a break. I would want to start using less per day. See how you feeling cutting your usage in half.

I'm guessing your highs probably are very mild anyway, so besides the feeling of actually vaping I doubt you will even notice a difference.

Those are my thoughts.

darkrom,

Troi

Hey Guys; I just thought to add to the knowledge base here on FC; Id update my results by taking a break vs my past usage.

I took a 20 day break; which meant stopping vaporizing completely, no edibles or combustion either. I also expedited the process of detox by drinking 6 bottles of water a day and running 5-10 miles daily. It felt pretty good to realize what "sober" felt like and was good to get a handle on what i think was a habitual addiction. My lungs also felt great, better then ever.

Today I vaped for the first time; and I packed .3 into my LSV bowl; and used my SG 60 MM bent streamline; and after about 60% way into the bowl i was blazed beyond belief. More intense then any high that i have had in at least a year; i couldn't even finish off the bowl. The high lasted for hours, and was about to pack another bowl with a different strand but decided to ride out my current high instead.

I think I'm going to keep Vapeing out of my Monday - Friday work hours and only vape once the work day has ended. I think that just as the night needs the day; a sober period of the day allows for a real enjoyable high period.

My advice to anyone who finds themselves in my position or near it to seriously consider taking a detox break and re-connecting with Cannibis to see the true reward it can provide for a fully sober mind to cross over into the high. My advice also goes out to all of you who Vape all day; to try to stop doing so; you may notice your latter highs being more intense and you will have more respect for it during the sober hours.

Troi,

crawdad

floatin
your findings parallel my thoughts on the matter as well. not a real long time user but i take a day or two off frequently and only vape at night (my reasons are multiple for this) and agree the distinction from "sober" to "high" is much clearer and intense this way.

[semi-ot]
my own pondering into this makes me think that once your brain gets used to cannabinoid receptors becoming paired with cannabinoids the brain sort of "gets used" to the "connection" and therefore does not fully utilize the benefits by increased brain activity. other organs do not respond this way, such as if you drink caffeine a lot you have to urinate often, that does not seem to go away with increased usage and is a direct response of the kidney (source).
[/semi-ot]

thanks for the follow up and suggestions.

crawdad,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@troi -- congratulations on being able to find a definitive answer, and finding what works better for you. i think aerobics is the key to life.

Hippie Dickie,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I vape almost everyday and I do about a half/full trench of finely ground herb (full trench if it's not that finely ground, and a half trench if it is finely ground),.

I do about a session a day (one trench) a session and get pretty high (where I want to be), and can do this continually everyday.

Elluzion,

crawdad

floatin
i have not taken a break in a long while now, at least a full bowl each night. i can certainly tell a difference in my tolerance (do not vape during the day unless weekends). i can most definitely tell that a break is going to be needed in order to conserve like i have in the past, and i know im not going to like it one bit. id say ive had to up my sessions by a bowl or two to reach similar levels i did on a single bowl.

one other major difference ive noticed as i rarely have odd visuals out of sessions, i had a thread about that somewhere on here...so i know things have changed up in the membrane.

crawdad,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Glad you saw the light and took a T-break Troi. Always have found it amazing how much "residue" seems to stay on the brain - even with once a day daily toking. I float back and forth between daily - usually a few seshs after dinner - and a few times a week. When I'm cut back to a few times a week it takes a good bit less (.2-.5G), and the buzz seems so much finer. With my daily toking of late, I'll prob take a T-break of 2-3 weeks to get back to normal and after that will be on the few times a week schedule. Even better if I can get down to weekends only again. Saves the green (both kinds!), and definitely nicer on the head. Plus Friday afternoons take on a while new beauty when you know you'll be loading up a few hits that evening after not smoking since Sunday! For a real treat, take a T-break of a few months. Just make sure you have plenty of munchies on hand and time to take a nap if necessary when you have that first long awaited session. It will make you remember how you fell in love with the nugs in the first place!

flotntoke,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Troi, your T-Break has inspired me to take a break myself. On the 25th of November I am going to take a month break (Until December 25th) ah Christmas! In anticipation of the CLOUD and also to clear my mind. I haven't had a break for more than a week since I started using cannabis about a year ago.

I am excited.

Troi, do you have any tips to help not think about cannabis? For me it is very psychological and hard to get off my mind...

Thanks!

Elluzion,

crawdad

floatin
best of luck, ive been considering a break for a while but have the same issues Elluzion. my guess is getting yourself active in something else is likely going to be key, sitting and thinking about it wont help. gotta develop an interesting routine without it. im aiming for a week but willing to settle for 2 days.

crawdad,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I'm going to start small with the T-break. Gonna skip tomorrow so I can be nice and ready to fuck up some turkey

JDSupreme,

weedemon

enthusiast
I have been toying with the idea of taking at break but i dunno how long my willpower will last for. :p small steps. maybe start by not doing it till the evening, and then to a day off. :p

weedemon,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
weedemon said:
I have been toying with the idea of taking at break but i dunno how long my willpower will last for. :p small steps. maybe start by not doing it till the evening, and then to a day off. :p
I found it easier for me to go trough other herbs on my T-breaks. I blast myself with Lotus,Damiana,Wild Dagga,Scullcap,Wormwood hash,Wild lettuce extract :)*White sage a.k.a Salvia Apeana,and many more ..:).
They have warm and buzzing effects ,each one has different and i found it most useful to combine herbs. My favourites are:
1.Damiana + Wormwood hash + St.John's worth = nice visuals :).
2.Scullcap +Wild lettuce + Lotus = Stoney Sedated.
3.Wormwood hash + Wild Lettuce + Salvia Divinorum = Vivid dreams.
4. Wild Dagga + Salvia apeana + Lotus = Vertigo that evolves in one hell of a buzz after a few seconds.
:)
Those herbs are very cheap and safe (may be st.john's worth have to be taken in concert cause it reacts with some medications like benzodiazepines and birthcontrol)
Wormwood hash is easy to make also the Lettuce opium. Both are totally legal and awesome .:)

Abysmal Vapor,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Abysmal Vapor said:
weedemon said:
I found it easier for me to go trough other herbs on my T-breaks. I blast myself with Lotus,Damiana,Wild Dagga,Scullcap,Wormwood hash,Wild lettuce extract :)*White sage a.k.a Salvia Apeana,and many more ..:).
They have warm and buzzing effects ,each one has different and i found it most useful to combine herbs. My favourites are:
1.Damiana + Wormwood hash + St.John's worth = nice visuals :).
2.Scullcap +Wild lettuce + Lotus = Stoney Sedated.
3.Wormwood hash + Wild Lettuce + Salvia Divinorum = Vivid dreams.
4. Wild Dagga + Salvia apeana + Lotus = Vertigo that evolves in one hell of a buzz after a few seconds.
:)
Those herbs are very cheap and safe (may be st.john's worth have to be taken in concert cause it reacts with some medications like benzodiazepines and birthcontrol)
Wormwood hash is easy to make also the Lettuce opium. Both are totally legal and awesome .:)

Great tips!

Abysmal, I am curious. I only have a fixed temp vape (the MFLB), and soon to get the cloud, but for now I can only vape at I think the 395 temperature. Would that be safe/okay to use with all of those things you posted?

Also, Where is the safest place to buy these things and how do you know if they are good quality?

Elluzion,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I can recommend only european sellers sry. MFLB is good for damiana and lotus ,wild dagga,wild sage. I wouldn't use wormwood hash in it cause it will stink forever :).
I only buy bulk herbs, or from sellers that have in bulk, they ussualy have the best quality. Other just sell some overprised bad quality pre-packed legal high company stuff.

Abysmal Vapor,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Elluzion said:
Abysmal, I am curious. I only have a fixed temp vape (the MFLB), and soon to get the cloud, but for now I can only vape at I think the 395 temperature.

The MFLB is definitely not a fixed temperature vaporizer. Without the power adapter, temperature is varied with breath control and can range from too cool to produce vapour (you're drawing too hard) to combustion (you're not drawing at all). With the PA, temperature is controlled by the dial setting and again can range from no vapour up to combustion. I'm pretty sure you know this, so I don't understand your statement.

pakalolo,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
pakalolo said:
Elluzion said:
Abysmal, I am curious. I only have a fixed temp vape (the MFLB), and soon to get the cloud, but for now I can only vape at I think the 395 temperature.

The MFLB is definitely not a fixed temperature vaporizer. Without the power adapter, temperature is varied with breath control and can range from too cool to produce vapour (you're drawing too hard) to combustion (you're not drawing at all). With the PA, temperature is controlled by the dial setting and again can range from no vapour up to combustion. I'm pretty sure you know this, so I don't understand your statement.
Yes you are correct. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I just really wanna try vaporizing other stuff besides MJ and see what benefits each has

Elluzion,

Longbones

Take an extended tbreak, bud. At that kind of usage I think 2 months would be good, if you can swing it.

Concentrates are another option, but I think that's the wrong way to approach the problem. And at your level of usage, I'm not even sure it would help that much.

Have some respect for Mary Jane and give her a breakyou're wearing the poor girl out ;)

Longbones,
Top Bottom