How heavy of a user, would you all describe me as

Troi

Howdy, all first of all the purpose of this post I'm trying to determine if i need to take a extended break to give my receptors a break, so that i can finally getting vaked, with more of a noticeable high.

First my bud quality:

I usually have 20-30 strands, in quantity's ranging from a quarter to an ounce on hand all the time. I currently as I am a suppler for many peoples medicine, I can maintain large quantities at very little cost. In fact the cost of green for me is near zero. I also have a cousin who owns a dispensery in Colorado, who monthly sends me a medley of some great strands.

In order for me to be even "somewhat high" I usually need to vape 2-3 sessions of .2 or more, I probably vape int total, 15-35 times on any given day that is like 200 + hits a day. But, since i need to take in so much vape, it really takes a toll on my respiratory system. Just all that forced sucking, and exhaling, and the expeletive effect of THC is really irritating my lungs, by the end of the day my chest tightens up and its like i have asthma until I fall asleep.

I've started tallying the amount of bud I go through a day, and it goes from 5g's to almost 9 g's on some days. I've probably been on this level of use for about 2 years

I usually wake up feeling completely fine, with symptoms returning by the end of the day especially if i vaped all day. I've been checekd by my doctor chest xray and mri, and my lungs are very clear, as I only vape no combustion. Also my highs just are good but mellow, and I assure you i'm starting at low temps, and moving up to high temps to get full spectrum of actives. I am also using high end vapes (Dcano, MFLB, ExtremeQ, DBV, SSV, LSV) with the best water diffusion available (Steamline, Waffel)

So my question has anyone experienced this problem, how does my use compare to yours (especially for those of you who consider yourself a heavy user) Another thing to note, I really do vape from 8 am till 2 am, I work from home, run my own business, really no reason not to.

Thoughts?

Troi,

lwien

I'd describe you as a heavy user, but it's really all relative. I'm known as a featherweight around here, but being that I vape every single night, I would imagine that some (not here of course) would consider me a heavy user even though I only vape one PD stem a night, simply for the fact that I vape 7 days a week.

But yeah, being that you vape up to 360 times more than I do, I would consider you a very heavy user.

lwien,

Beezleb

I would recommend trying some oil and see how the concentrates help break you through.

Sounds to me your body has become accustomed to the high THC levels. I suggest a break and/or moving onto concentrates.

I also recommend trying to imbibe differently as well. I will at various times, eat/drink a tincture, combust, vaporize differently (sometimes whip, sometimes bong, sometimes bag, sometime MFLB) and I will adjust temperatures depending on how I am feeling. My zephyr in the morning I like 328, 356, 385. In the evening I will go to 395 and sometimes a bit higher. Really depends and I do not have a set system or process that I use over and over again.

You are already changing up strains. Perhaps try eating a mango before hand. I believe this works from experience but I am simply not a fan of mangoes as fruit is difficult on my internals.

Also keep in mind some strains plateau but since you access to many strains I am not sure this is a really an issue.

Hope that helps.

Beezleb,

george

So ya, you're a heavy user in my eyes...quite a heavy user. Whats the point of the thread though, you just want to hear it from other people? Or are you trying to bring down your usage? Because it sounds like you're having some problems with your chest/lungs, but you didnt ask for suggestions....

george,

Beezleb

heh, so much for my reading comprehension skills. I thought he was asking for help with a high tolerance. I think the topic headline is just a bit off. I took it as asking for help with tolerance.

If he is true in what he is saying about his use than it a double edged sword and likely no matter how much more he does will result in a significant advantage at least on a long term scale.

Best effective advice I know is try to reduce.

Beezleb,
troi, yes, if lungs hurt, help em without u know what may b the cause of the hurt? & if u can why not go to swamp h2o medicine alc extract when u can wait a half hr to an hr for it to kick in. may b only vape if u have to, just think hr ahead adjust dosage to maintain @ end of day u may not want to vape if that's cause of body chest lung pain? just eat the medicine, hope it helps?

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

2clicker

Observer
Troi said:
In order for me to be even "somewhat high" I usually need to vape 2-3 sessions of .2 or more

i would say that this is heavy use, but can you describe "somewhat high"? do you mean just feeling it or just to the point that you like to be?

considering your strain options its clear that your dealing with high end potency herb.

all of the strains ive currently got are from Colorado and i get where i need to be with between .1 and .2 g... single session each. this gets me feeling great for anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour. then its back to it again.

having to use 2-3 times that amount each session would be excessive for me, but ive really concentrated on lowering my tolerances the last 5 years.

its hard to say really. as long as you can afford to do it and its not causing any problems i dont see any reason to worry.

about the lung issue though i have no idea, but i will tell you that your post kinda spooked me. i was having very similar "asthma" symptoms last night while trying to fall asleep. and i have never had asthma before.

2clicker,

stinkmeaner

I don't think you are that heavy of a user, I mean you say '2-3 sessions of .2' which would equate to .4 to .6, that is about a half gram...nothing serious. I will load double that in the Volcano and it will be gone before a movie is over.

stinkmeaner,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
stinkmeaner said:
I don't think you are that heavy of a user, I mean you say '2-3 sessions of .2' which would equate to .4 to .6, that is about a half gram...nothing serious. I will load double that in the Volcano and it will be gone before a movie is over.

@stink You don't think 5g - 9g per day is heavy use?

Stu,

stinkmeaner

Stu said:
stinkmeaner said:

@stink You don't think 5g - 9g per day to be heavy use?

You caught me. :lol: I misread and missed the part with 200 hits per day total. YES that is a lot, 9g of Chron a day is ridiculous and I can't be so sure heavy use like that is good for you, even vaporizing. I am no doctor but I believe in moderation, I would be worried about potential issues one may encounter with a dosage like that, especially if sustained for many years.

stinkmeaner,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Thoughts?

sounds like vaping is just a habit ... i take the Castanedian position on habits: they piss away personal power.

i also work from home alone in my office, have my own internet business, and vape from 8am until 8pm. usually 4 sessions. the bud vial is 1/2 dram, which i loosely load half full, so say .4g each session. i feel high for several hours, if i think to notice it.

more sessions is not better, but sure is fun -- i love my vape.

Hippie Dickie,

fidget

I'd class your usage as pretty heavy , pretty pretty heavy.
There are some good threads on here about T Breaks but i think its in the way that you use that you can get the most benefit.
Some great advice already in this thread.

fidget,

Troi

Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback. The real purpose of this post was to see how I compared to other users of this site, for which i don't see many of you complaining of respiratory issues from vaping with water diffusion. I wanted to see how my use compared to yours. I also wanted to see if anyone experienced the same issue and what they did to correct it.

I guess i should have clarified, before i start even considering my self beginning to get high i usually go through 2-3 sessions of .2, with an additional 2 sessions to start feeling it, lasting maybe an hour. You can see with this tolerance, and dosage level /w results adds up quickly in a full day.

The good news to anyone that I may be scaring, is I have talked to my doctor and we have gotten my lungs checked, from a contamination perspective (Blackness, or scarring, or anything else bad it looks clear) my doctor mostly feels that this is caused to the cilia in my lung being overworked, with he expletive effects of MJ, and the constant hyper ventilating via inhaling and exhaling that just overworks the entire system.

With everyone quick responses I'm leaning towards taking a 2-3 week break from THC, and then beginning to experience it again, with less habit, and more about enjoying it. I will agree, its become more of a habit then a daily choice.

Troi,

Troi

I also wanted to add to everyone, that at times if i get the asthma or heavy chest effects, I go for a 2-3 mile run and that usually helps alleviate the symptoms, I'm an avid and runner usually first thing in the morning I run daily for an hour or so, so that's another odd piece to the puzzle, while i still have the respiratory discomfort it does not effect my running ability.

I have also tried using steroid abuterol inhalers, and ive noticed they do alleviate the symptoms but then I notice my lungs become dependent on them and they weaken from the vaping quicker, the next day after using an inhaler to open up my airways.

Troi,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I'd change up how you are getting your THC. You need more punch in the least amount of time. Sounds to me like your are way overtaxing your lungs. I'd try to move on to edibles and try to cut your vaping by at least half. you are doing twice what I normally do. I know if I over do it, that it will take a heavy toll on my lungs. If I over do it I feel like I just lent out my lungs to someone running a marathon and they just gave them back to me the second they cross the finish line

DevoTheStrange,

Pappy

shmaporist
I vapor bong about a gram a day and consider that moderately heavy use. I gave up counting but that's about 55-65 hits.

Pappy,

Troi

DevoTheStrange said:
I'd change up how you are getting your THC. You need more punch in the least amount of time. Sounds to me like your are way overtaxing your lungs. I'd try to move on to edibles and try to cut your vaping by at least half. you are doing twice what I normally do. I know if I over do it, that it will take a heavy toll on my lungs. If I over do it I feel like I just lent out my lungs to someone running a marathon and they just gave them back to me the second they cross the finish line

I agree I'm defiantly interested in a tincture (I've made butter int he past, but eating all that butter isnt for me) I just weighed my current duff, I have about 6 large size mason jars filled to the top with duff, i just weighed out one jar and that came out to be 150 grams of duff, I think I can make a lot of swamp water with this.

Troi,

fidget

Troi said:
DevoTheStrange said:

I agree I'm defiantly interested in a tincture (I've made butter int he past, but eating all that butter isnt for me) I just weighed my current duff, I have about 6 large size mason jars filled to the top with duff, i just weighed out one jar and that came out to be 150 grams of duff, I think I can make a lot of swamp water with this.
lol all canna cooks on here just had hot flushes.
6x150g of duff!

fidget,

Carbon

I agree that you should take a break and/or explore edibles. They're more powerful and last longer as well as having no side effects on your lungs.

Someone I knew used to vape through an 1/8th per day and had to quit using cannabis for a while because he got to toxic levels. His body just rejected it, and he would wake up with morning sickness and nausea/dry heaves. There is not much research on it, but there are a few published articles out there describing this illness, the first I remember being from Australia. He does a lot less now and it seems that he has no issues anymore.

Carbon,

2Supra4U

I agree with devo, you should try to switch up your delivery method.

With the amout of herb you have and the strains.....you shoudl be more than able to make some nice edibles or tinctures with that stash. You will definately feel a heavier buzz with edibiles and tinctures (if you use some nice indica strains) and then you wont have to vape so often to get hat efffect you want.

I was at one point in the 5gram a day range (few years ago) and I can tell you now that since I have taken the time to experiment what certain strains do or how strong the weed is that I buy (when I buy weed, I do what i like to call the 0.1 test, this is for combusting by the way....and I know if I get real baked and it lasts at least an hour to hour and a half I know the weed is good for me) that I can get he same effect that I got smoking 5g+ a day.....but only smoking less than a gram a day, if not a half gram. By the way, I smoke only kind or top grade weed. Schwag or lows are not in my vocab. The only time I smoke regs or mids is when I'm broke or if that is all that is available at the time I'm grabbing. The few buddies I grab from only get the expensive stuff, although the one always also has regs and mids as well (its awesome being able to always choose from 4 or 5 different grades/strains with him).

Anyways, I know it may sound/seem liek I don't smoke much anymore, however I am still a daily toker multiple times a day (3 or 4) and have been for years now. It may be just that i'm able to get good weed all the time so I'm able to smoke small amouts for the desired effect (I like the heavy stone behind the eyes in my brain high lol, so i'm looking for what most people find uncomfortable). But i'm fairly confident in my findings and am a believer in moderation.

Plus it helps being a broke university grad with students debts, so that kind of forced me to find solutions to get the high I need/want but doing it as cheap as possible ( was getting tired of paying $70+ ever 4 or 5 days to keep my habit, especially with bills and debt which should take priority.

Anyways, I am fairly confiden't that you can reach your desired effect with a substancailly lower daily dosage........in all honestly, I didn't think it was ever goign to be possible with me but now that I'm living it, saving more weed and money, it is awesome. Its even brought me into the mindset that what i've been doign is a no brainer and that everyone should be doing this. I laugh at those that use copious amounts of herb a day (no i'm not really laughing at you, but you know what I mean) knowing that if they only took the time to research and experiments a bit, they could be doing themselves the same favor. big example for me now is that a few of my boddies liek to roll BIG FAT JOINTS everytime they smoke.....and I tell them everytime "your wasting so much weed in theses it not funny"..."we could get just as ripped with 1/4 as much......and this comes from me (who definately used to LOVE his BIG JOINTS lol).

but the bottom line for you Troi is that you use so much that you have such a tolerance to it, anyone who uses that much will build one as well. You just got to believe that you can get where you ant to be with much lower daily dosages. If it means taking a break, then take a break.....or slowly reduce your usage over time and incorperate edibles or tinctures into the mix to help you.

it definately can be done.

2Supra4U,

stinkmeaner

You could switch to Cannabis Concentrates or BHO (Butane Honey Oil). Both of these would lower the amount of hits you would have to take to reach the same level of active THC & CBN's and they can still be vaporized, which is nice if you are like me and enjoy the actual process or Vaping or smoking.

Or Devo had a great idea with the Edibles. These can be made with very little butter or oil so don't let that deter you. This isn't the old days where you have to use 2 sticks of butter, there are recipes out now which are very healthy, you could even use a healthy oil like Grapeseed. You could even make BHO and use it directly in an Edible recipe and eliminate the need for any butter or oil.

stinkmeaner,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
There's a thread on icmag.com about using acetone instead of butane as an extraction solvent --- much cleaner evaporation and less likely to blow up.

i've always felt that after i eat cannabis, vaping from the same stuff isn't as effective. i guess eating it just resets my tolerance too high.

@Troi re: asthma. i was diagnosed adult-onset about 8 years ago, given the meds, took the meds for 1.5 years, and after 25 years of daily aerobics, couldn't do aerobics anymore. really pissed me off -- daily aerobics is very important to me. so i threw away my inhalers and went cold turkey. And i was able to go back on my NordicTrack again! Hurray! i can't combust, but vaping is no problem. i doubt i had (or have) asthma.

Hippie Dickie,

Nosferatu

I know of people who used heavily like this, well maybe not this heavy, and it doesn't turn out good. I really think you should cut down or your body may someday reject cannabis entirely. There are stories online if you care to Google(sorry I dont remember where they are) of people who have nervous breakdowns and suddenly cant be anywhere near marijuana for using it too heavily for too long. Their bodies simply shouldn't be getting that much THC and whatnot so as a defense it rejects the substance completely. Causing litteraly a few years of depression/confusion untill their dopamine levels can be controlled naturally by their brains again, instead of marijuana.

I have some questions for you though to hopefully better myself if you don't mind. How is your memory? I am curious because I only vape 2-3 times a day and I am starting to get pretty bad short term memory thats affecting work a little bit. Also how would you feel if you had to go a day without cannabis cold turkey? Feel free to not answer I'm just curious seeing how much your used too. Such an interesting plant.

Nosferatu,

Troi

masbanji92 said:
I have some questions for you though to hopefully better myself if you don't mind. How is your memory? I am curious because I only vape 2-3 times a day and I am starting to get pretty bad short term memory thats affecting work a little bit. Also how would you feel if you had to go a day without cannabis cold turkey? Feel free to not answer I'm just curious seeing how much your used too. Such an interesting plant.

In terms of memory, or cognitive ability I see no deterioration between when I'm high or when I'm not. I'm actually known to have a really good memory, I have found that marijuana has given me the ability to tap into more of a photogenic like memory then a normal one. Most of the time I re-think experiences to gather past information for many different scenarios. I rarely forget anything, and can describe past situations to details that most people don't remember.

However, I think everyone's minds are different, and I could very well see how THC could effect memory, its known to. But in my case it does not.

Troi,
Top Bottom