How Good Are Quartz Enails?

jl420

purity-domeless-quartz-enail-with-quartz.jpg

I finally ordered my first digital enail and was wondering if anyone prefers Quartz over Titanium. I saw the Quartz enail w/ swivel carb cap and I was wondering about the durability factor as compared to Titanium. Granted the heat used to blow/shape glass is more intense but since this is my first enail I'd like to know what my limits are.

jl420,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Throw quartz at a rock n then the ti. You will see the durability. Ha jk quartz is pretty durable since I'm guessing that isn't mineral quartz it's mineral hardness on mohs scale is prolly 5.3 to 6.5 which means if it's real quartz it should survive a simple drop. Flavor is a personal issue quartz bangers is what I use for flavor but I just scored a HD with quartz insert for longevity and flavor.

iDRINKBLEACH,

herbivore21

Hmmmm, depends on what kind of quartz. There are all kinds of shapes, sizes and advanced designs out there.

A major problem with quartz enails for me is pooling of the oil (slow/incomplete vaporization leading to wasted vapor and less satisfying hits). Banger style designs with standard barrel coils all have this problem to various extents (depending on design). The best banger I used for this purpose was the PB Deep dish banger. I've also used PB 20mm di nail, the d-nail machined quartz halo and many various cheap bangers.

The quartz halo is the only one of these I still own that gets regular use. The machined wicking surface removes the pooling problem as much as possible and allows for extra low temp, delicious dabs! I am regularly using mine at 536f for rosin! The taste is in between SiC and sapphire in terms of quality, this is seriously good taste for those who've not tried these two substrates!

They just happen to be back in stock at d-nail as @Monsoon posted in the next gen enail thread if you are looking to get the best quartz enail out there to my knowledge :D

Nonetheless, quartz > ti for taste and nobody should be dabbing on ti enails this late in 2015, there are so many better options to be had for variously cheaper or higher prices (ceramic/quartz/SiC/SiN/Sapphire).

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Do you know if the sapphire insert would fit a genesis?

iDRINKBLEACH,

herbivore21

Do you know if the sapphire insert would fit a genesis?
No it won't unfortunately man, it definitely can fit an infiniti or one of the cheaper d-nail ti dishes though. I was more talking about the sapphire halo though, which is not yet available to the public ;)

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Oh I didn't know it wasn't available yet. I'm pretty set on using one with a SiC nail. Sounds like a beast of a nail.

herbivore21

Oh I didn't know it wasn't available yet. I'm pretty set on using one with a SiC nail. Sounds like a beast of a nail.
Definitely is fun to use with the SiC :D also with some careful fine motor skills it can be used to allow you to vape 4 star hashes and non-full melts without burning the contaminant (plant material)!

herbivore21,
Top Bottom