1350676378-untitled-1.png

Roger D,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
yea i know.... luckily i'm not much of a gamer... i'm more into streaming

mmenzie,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
man... i forgot to turn my proxy off on my last test.... here are the results with my proxy off

2252621940.png

How do you get speeds so fast?

Mine is doing good. Our ping is low, but we have no problem gaming.

2aj9gsh.jpg

Vicki,

weedemon

enthusiast
what in the.... that's madness! lol do you have a monthly cap?

i can pay online games no problem with my crappy (by comparison) connection. you connection would be much better suited for hosting the games than mine would though.

seeing that makes me thing you days of the past where storage capacity and transfer speed was all the e-peen you ever wanted! :p haha i miss those days haha

weedemon,
Reactions: Vicki

djonkoman

This looks as though you've clicked the Begin button but it never selects a server. Speedtest pings the nearest servers and chooses the one with the lowest latency. You seem to have some sort of blocking in place, so I'd try turning that off for speedtest.net.

in that case it's a mystery to me what could be blocking it, the only thing that could block it like this is peerguardian and I haven't run that for months or possibly even a year.
but maybe it's the routers fault, I also had to forward a port to get a usable dwnloadspeed on utorrent

djonkoman,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I'm trying to do that speedtest too, but can someone tell me where I can find it? I''ve clicked any button that said something that coud hint it being a button/link to start the test, but the only thing I can get is this:
W6mkr.png

Your Flash plugin is out of date, so speedtest won't load.The "puzzle piece" is your browser's way of telling you a plug-in is broken or refusing to load.
Here a link to the latest FLASH plugin update:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Fully Melted,

djonkoman

I tried it in firefox too(the puzzle piece is only with chrome, videos are also always laggy in chrome since a few weeks, so since then I always use firefox for videos, like watching tv-episodes or movies/documentaries online)
I recently updated both flash and divx though(in the last 1-2 weeks)
I think the puzzle piece in chrome is due to the settings, I believe that a while ago chrome was constantly freezing/getting really slow on pages with a lot of flash(mostly ads), so I changed the settings so that it doesn't automatically start flash, but reqyuires me to click it before it starts. the screen with the test was a puzzle piece at first too untill I clicked to activate it(I never changed this setting for firefox)
this laptop is getting a bit weird and slow lately, if I type in a website I also have to wait 5-10 seconds before it starts loading the page, sometimes I have to wait a while before the letters I typed appear in the url-bar

djonkoman,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Brighthouse says we now have faster Internet, up to 60mbps. I'd like to see it faster than this:

Vicki,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth

satyrday

OK. I think I have you all beat:

2730338399.png

Usually it's excellent when I have access to my cable modem, but I am in a somewhat remote mountainous area for awhile and relying on Virgin Mobile service (routed through Sprint in Kansas). It sucks - can hardly watch videos (have to let them spool). I think my old landline modem was better!

t-dub, I'm jealous.

lost nebula

Always Vaping
2738152004.png

Hooray for slow rural dsl service, a fiber optic line comes within 100 meters of my house and this is the best speed I'll ever see :(

lost nebula,
Reactions: Tamataz

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Just picked up one of these to take care of a dead spot on the other side of the house. Just plug it in, hit the button and go :D

Internet still going strong . . . :)

2778593396.png

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Canadian internet sucks :\ All of you are making me so jealous.

Now if this was a computer spec's competition, I'd have all y'all in my dust.

CentiZen,
Top Bottom