How doesn’t a pen voltage compare to tempature?

Mookie0608

i pocked up a pen/battery for cartridges and you adjust it i by the voltage. Starts at I believe 3.3. I like vaping 390-410. I know the pens are much different but still wasn’t not sure if a higher voltage had a more stronger body effect.

Mookie0608,

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
Voltage does not equal temperature. Temperature is regulated by adding or subtracting voltage to a heating element to maintain a temperature that is measured by a different circuit that measures temperature.

In a pen with variable voltage, the longer you hold the button down the higher the temperature will get. So if you like 3.3 volts, for example, when you press the button you will get 3.3volts if the battery is fully charged and able to provide it. Unregulated pens are pretty simple devices. They work well but aren’t going to maintain temperature. There are some on the market that claim they do, but you must use their atomizers in order to make sure you’re using the device to their specifications.

Also if you’re looking for full spectrum effects make sure the oil you’re using isn’t distillate. You want to make sure it’s decarboxylated. Distillate won’t offer full spectrum “entourage” effects.

Last edited:

Mookie0608

The button I don’t think has anything to doth it. I can change the voltage by turning the clicker thing on bottom if battery there’s a dial type thing that I can turn to move up or down.

Mookie0608,

IntoTheVoid

The button I don’t think has anything to doth it. I can change the voltage by turning the clicker thing on bottom if battery there’s a dial type thing that I can turn to move up or down.
Yes I know that. The dial changes the voltage sent to the coil in the tank. It has nothing to do with the temperature. A VV (variable voltage) pen is unregulated. As the battery dies the power available changes too. The longer you hold the button down the hotter the coil gets, until it peaks or you hit 10 seconds. Usually at 10 seconds those pens have an auto cutoff. The only way you can regulate temperature is if the coil is made of stainless steel or nickel. Most vape pen coils are kanthal or nichrome. Even then the pen has to have temperature sensing built in for this to work. I guarantee it doesn’t. Even expensive vape mods used in E-cigarettes aren’t very good a at temp sensing. There are a few that I can name which are, but most people look at temp sensing as a bit of a gimmick. The Drag from VooPoo with the gene chip probably has the best temp sensing on the market. Any vape with a DNA chip is also good, but DNA chips are highly unreliable now. They used to be the best but the demand for them meant higher production and much higher failure rate. Either way, pens like the one you have are not capable to temp sensing.

IntoTheVoid,
Reactions: biohacker

Mookie0608

Ohh okay makes sense. So a longer draw then would be a higher temp/deeper high? With my vape I crank it up to 410 to get the body high. Just getting mostly a relaxing head high mostly with the pen and not much going on with body.

Mookie0608,
Reactions: biohacker

IntoTheVoid

Ohh okay makes sense. So a longer draw then would be a higher temp/deeper high? With my vape I crank it up to 410 to get the body high. Just getting mostly a relaxing head high mostly with the pen and not much going on with body.
In theory, yes, a longer button push will allow the temps to max out... but. The concentrate you’re using may or may not allow this. What kinda concentrate are you using?

You’ll want something that’s been decarboxilated. Distillate for example has super high THC and is very pure, will get you beyond high, but it only lasts a short time and you’ll not likely get a full spectrum, full-bodied high from it.

The reason I don’t use concentrates much is I prefer a body high to heady high and I just can’t get there with shatter or most oils. Flower is still king to me for that reason.

Pens are super discrete and a quick way to get high, but it’s different for sure. You’ll likely want a Co2 extract that’s decarboxilated so all the cannabinoids are present. The unfortunate part of some oil processing is that lots of the compounds that we want for medicating, are stripped away.

Here is a link to Bloom Farms. It explains this.
https://getbloomfarms.com/5-reasons-full-spectrum-cannabis-oil/
I don’t work for them or anything. Just providing the info for learning purposes.

Mookie0608

I’m not sure it’s a cartridge from curaleaf they just list them as oil cartridges, there a lot tinier then what I seen though. They say there are 8ths yet there so much smaller then a 1 gram cartridge even a half gram is bigger

IntoTheVoid

Not familiar with the brand you mentioned. I’m up in Canada so I dunno if they are offered up here. I can say, from my own experience that for me, oils are fun and a quick and easy way to get high when out and about. But they leave a bit to be desired when I wanna get baked and melt into the couch. I used to have a killer dab rig. It was super expensive “heady” glass. I’d use shatter and wax with it. It was fun but I could never get as baked as I could with my Sticky Brick, Dynavap or Argo. I even prefer smoking a joint, blasphemy I know, to oils at this point for getting baked.

But for a functional, fun high while I have shit to do out and about, oils are great. Just don’t expect too much.

Again, I can get super high with oils, just not a complete body buzz. That’s what I need for my back and leg issues.

IntoTheVoid,

Mookie0608

Yeah see that’s my problem. I know a vaporizer is supposed to be healthier for you, but at the same time at least for people like me I don’t think a vaporizer will ever compete with smoking. I get sore throats occasionally from smoking and more groggy but the pain relief and amazing body high makes it worth it.

The pen I have does seem very close Convenient but like you said it’ll not getting that couch lock effect. Plus vapor.users are still just as bad as smoking smel wise. I don’t mind the smell but if I’m indoors with my mighty the smell will linger for a few hours but sits more of a burnt popcorn smell that’s strong with a hint of weed.

With the pen it smells but honestly reminds me more of the citrus scented febreeze spray. I actually love it

IntoTheVoid

Yeah see that’s my problem. I know a vaporizer is supposed to be healthier for you, but at the same time at least for people like me I don’t think a vaporizer will ever compete with smoking. I get sore throats occasionally from smoking and more groggy but the pain relief and amazing body high makes it worth it.

The pen I have does seem very close Convenient but like you said it’ll not getting that couch lock effect. Plus vapor.users are still just as bad as smoking smel wise. I don’t mind the smell but if I’m indoors with my mighty the smell will linger for a few hours but sits more of a burnt popcorn smell that’s strong with a hint of weed.

With the pen it smells but honestly reminds me more of the citrus scented febreeze spray. I actually love it
Yeah I get the same with my Sticky Brick Jr. it’s very similar in performance to the Mighty as far as cloud production. The thing about the Sticky Brick is you get full faced if you want in a short period of time. Nothing gets me higher. Not even smoking. The Brick is butane powered with a lighter as I’m sure you’re aware. But the cool thing about it is that your inhalation speed/power kinda feathers the intake of your herb. Like, on the Mighty, as on my ArGo and other high end vapes where you set the temperature, they keep you in that zone.

On the brick you can take it from low temp to scorching all with breath control. It takes a little bit of time to get the technique down, but once you do it’s astonishing. Not even my OmniVap can compete. And the hits rival bong hits for me. I can totally choke myself out and get into a coughing fit with dense clouds. Then I’m absolutely sure I combusted. I open the bowl and it’s barely even brown. It almost doesn’t make sense.

For vapes I have a This Thing Rips oil pen, Dynavap M18, Dynavap Titanium OmniVap, Flowermate V5.0s, Arizer ArGo and the Sticky Brick Jr. I had a Decinci IQ but gave it to my brother since he didn’t have a portable.

As far as effects go, the Sticky Brick gets me higher (both head and body) than any vape I’ve tried. And I smoked a joint a week ago and didn’t get as high as the Brick gets me. Likely because combustion kills good stuff we want. With the brick you’re smashed in the face with vapour.

IntoTheVoid,

KhronicPainz

Yes I know that. The dial changes the voltage sent to the coil in the tank. It has nothing to do with the temperature. A VV (variable voltage) pen is unregulated. As the battery dies the power available changes too. The longer you hold the button down the hotter the coil gets, until it peaks or you hit 10 seconds. Usually at 10 seconds those pens have an auto cutoff. The only way you can regulate temperature is if the coil is made of stainless steel or nickel. Most vape pen coils are kanthal or nichrome. Even then the pen has to have temperature sensing built in for this to work. I guarantee it doesn’t. Even expensive vape mods used in E-cigarettes aren’t very good a at temp sensing. There are a few that I can name which are, but most people look at temp sensing as a bit of a gimmick. The Drag from VooPoo with the gene chip probably has the best temp sensing on the market. Any vape with a DNA chip is also good, but DNA chips are highly unreliable now. They used to be the best but the demand for them meant higher production and much higher failure rate. Either way, pens like the one you have are not capable to temp sensing.

Hi!

Sorry to reopen this.

I'm somewhat understanding what you explained, that longer draw = hotter, but wouldn't a higher voltage mean being able to achieve higher temps since more power is being given? or is it just reaching max temp faster?

Thanks,
Painz

Last edited:
KhronicPainz,

AcidFlashbang

Hi!

Sorry to reopen this.

I'm somewhat understanding what you explained, that longer draw = hotter, but wouldn't a higher voltage mean being able to achieve higher temps since more power is being given? or is it just reaching max temp faster?

Thanks,
Painz
According to Ohm's Law, if the resistance stays the same while voltage increases then current also increases. This absolutely increases heat output

AcidFlashbang,

KhronicPainz

According to Ohm's Law, if the resistance stays the same while voltage increases then current also increases. This absolutely increases heat output

Ok thanks!!! This makes a lot more sense and logic to me than what the other person was saying that it has nothing to do with temperature

KhronicPainz,
Top Bottom