• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How does the magic flight work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the concept of using electricity to generate heat, but I was always under the assumption that the negative end of the battery (flat part) provides the electrons and the positive end (nipple) takes up electrons, thus completing the circuit. So how does the magic flight work with only the positive end of the battery in the device?

Forgive me if it's a stupid question, I'm not an electrician

LonelyStoner,
Reactions: thesoloman

norealmonsters

That's the reason the battery has to be peeled! That metal ring that it fits into snugly? That is the negative terminal and it grounds to the outside of the battery.

norealmonsters,

rayski

The exposed body of the battery is negative and is making contact inside the box.

rayski,
That's the reason the battery has to be peeled! That metal ring that it fits into snugly? That is the negative terminal and it grounds to the outside of the battery.
So you're saying the nipple part is actually the anode, not the positive end?

LonelyStoner,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
So you're saying the nipple part is actually the anode, not the positive end?
The Bottom and the Side of the battery are both the 'Negative End'.. Only the nipple is the Positive part.. That is my understanding anyway, but I'm no electrician either.

Buildozer,

norealmonsters

No it is the positive end, it just makes contact with the metal ring on the casing instead of the end.

norealmonsters,

max

Out to lunch
Anode is the positively charged electrode. Cathode is the negative (flat back end and body of the battery).

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom