How does FC feel about my Cannabis Gelatin Capsule recipe?

I haven't made them yet but I'm not new to edibles with my AVB! Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas to perfect my recipe before I execute it tomorrow ;) I did NOT make amounts/times exact, only rough, because they change on a lot of factors. Just consider the process.

1) Crush up AVB into a powder using mortar and pestle.

2) Allow coconut oil to sit inside a crockpot until melted, mix soy lecithin (as much soy lecithin as AVB you have) into it.

3) Add a few drops of lemongrass oil.

4) Slowly pour mixture into glass with powdered AVB, mixing as you pour.

5) Allow mixture to sit in slowcooker for a few hours, mixing semi-often, ideally not passing ~250F

6) Take mixture out of slowcooker, allow to cool, freeze for 8 hours.

7) Remove from freezer and place mixture in slowcooker and allow it to become a possibly viscous liquid once again.

8) Continue to mix, add some Soy Lecithin and lemongrass oil into mixture.

9) After some time, take out of slowcooker, use syringes to add into gelcaps, and freeze again.

10) ???

11) profit.

AegonT

My recipe goes like this.

1) Put AVB in gelatine caps
2) Swallow AVB caps
3) Eat something

I get a really nice buzz that last for hours this way. would your method make it much stronger? Im not at all sure, but it seems like a lot of work to be honest.

While that does work fine, the method posted would add some potency to the final product- I would be happy to link you to various resources that expand on it, but I figure a simple summary is satisfactory enough. Feel free to ask more if you are interested =)

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"

2) Swallow AVB caps
3) Eat something

I get a really nice buzz that last for hours this way. would your method make it much stronger? Im not at all sure, but it seems like a lot of work to be honest.

Yea google "bioavailability" or "BadKat" for some great learnin on how to get the most from edibles. Your body will access more of the goodies if you use a fat like coconut oil or peanut butter when eating ABV. The Lecithin also increases this effect. Coconut oil is one of the best for job, apparently MCT oil is better but I have yet to try it.

IMO straight ABV in a cap is probably wasting a good portion of the actives, maybe try a firecracker? I put peanut butter on Ritz crackers and sprinkle ABV on it, sometimes with a drop of honey or jam for flavor, then top with a second cracker. They taste great and really have a solid effect.

I like the OP recipe, I may give it a shot myself ;)

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
I wrap my pre-ground avb in cheesecloth and water wash in distilled water, changing the water every twelve hours until the water is mostly clear, generally ten days. Then I spread that out on a pan and let it dry out on low in the oven with the door open. One ounce takes about three hours to dry out if you spread it thin. I then use a coffee grinder to get it into powder. From this point I follow your steps until the end when I strain the plant material out of the oil using a cheesecloth and homemade kitchen press to get the most oil squeezed out. I find this to be much tastier and easier to use in a variety of ways. I make about 50 caps and leave the rest as oil (starting with 1oz of avb). Lately I have been putting a teaspoon in my tea at night, with the slight lemon taste, it's perfect, and I sleep so well.

zor

I think you might be adding too much lecithin, vapelord, but that's pure conjecture. I usually add no more than 2 tsp for 1oz of ABV when I bake or make caps but I don't have a good way to prove that it is sufficient :p

Your method looks great, it's pretty close to what I do. I try to aim for a proportion of 0.5g-1g ABV per cap...so if I have 28 grams of starting material I try to use just enough oil to yield 28 caps.

So you don't intend to strain out the organic material?
My original intention was to leave the plant matter inside the capsules (a mortar and pestle can get it pretty fine), but I may strain it if necessary. I will see how the product looks near that step.

vapelord420,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Not the biggest fan of edibles to couch lock for myself, but wouldn't keeping plant matter be unnessecary because oil absorbed the good n leave the unwanted in plant matter?

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
Not the biggest fan of edibles to couch lock for myself, but wouldn't keeping plant matter be unnessecary because oil absorbed the good n leave the unwanted in plant matter?

Yes, mostly. I would think its impossible to get everything absorbed, but the remaining thc, cbd's, or whatever in the plant matter, should be minimal. After I strain and press my avb/oil in a cheesecloth, the plant matter goes right into the compost, the worms deserve some fun too.

zor

I've filtered plant matter out as well as kept it in for making coconutcannacaps, hadn't noticed a difference in effects (no gut issues either) but loading the caps is trickier with extra crap in the solution as it clogged my syringe. Now I just use 3mL dropper so it's a moot issue.

zor,
Reactions: NorVape

little maggie

2) Swallow AVB caps
3) Eat something

I'd be more likely to make something like this. If what's eaten is peanut butter or coconut oil would that make a difference in potency?

Nok21

Yea google "bioavailability" or "BadKat" for some great learnin on how to get the most from edibles. Your body will access more of the goodies if you use a fat like coconut oil or peanut butter when eating ABV. The Lecithin also increases this effect. Coconut oil is one of the best for job, apparently MCT oil is better but I have yet to try it.

IMO straight ABV in a cap is probably wasting a good portion of the actives, maybe try a firecracker? I put peanut butter on Ritz crackers and sprinkle ABV on it, sometimes with a drop of honey or jam for flavor, then top with a second cracker. They taste great and really have a solid effect.

I like the OP recipe, I may give it a shot myself ;)

Agree with GuyLeDuche 100%. Look up Badkat check out her recipes. Perfect temps/times and good ratios, even if you don't want to make a capsules as maddeningly strong as hers are.. Or do you? Like, hers are insanely strong. :freak: I would love to try the recipe, but I do unfortunately, live with some anti-vapers who hate me cooking.. So using the oven for a few hours during the day is my only option.

ABV-Only-Caps:
Fat really increases bioavailability, but if you want to stuff your ABV into the capsules give it a go. You never know quite how strong it will be from what I've gathered, or when it will hit, there have been some stories about people using 1-2g's of abv in a capsule or two, without fat, and getting uncomfortably medicated. :worms: You never know what your gonna get, but there have been many, many success stories!

I myself still prefer liquid dosing with an oral syringe- I stick to a ratio of 10ml:1g, or right around enough to BARELY cover it. Easy dosing once you measure the finished oil and take loss into account.

Let us know how that oil turns out, and be careful! I'd love to get ratios/times/temps next time you cook!

Nok21,

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
Lemongrass oil has high levels of myrcene which should help to activate the effects. For me, it's a good way to control taste. I like to use the oil in tea so I like the slightly lemon taste it adds, and it does change the flavor.

swito

vapor nerd
Hey OP I think you should add around 1 1/2 tsp per half-o. That's what I've read on a couple different forums from my various readings trying to perfect a recipe (I just made my own thread) & people that edibles don't usually work for them have used the sunflower lecithin with the amt. I said and then started to feel the effects (on same potency recipes)

swito,

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
If stealth is not an issue, I find that letting avb age in a mason jar with olive oil works for me. I take a teaspoon, with two pieces of dark chocolate and or a meal, take a few vape hits while I wait and it hits me pretty good.

Chezgreendream,
Top Bottom