How does complete shwag hold up in cooking?

Nosferatu

For a $10 donation on a special day at my clinic I got like two handfulls of some very shwaggy shit. I didnt weigh it but tit looks like probably an ounce. I wouldnt dare vape it because it looks THCless. But would cooking it into butter or something be worth it? BTW It doesnt smell bad just doesnt have much aroma and looks completely organic. The flowers are leafy and not compact or sticky or kiefy at all really. I dont know how to explain it but basically its outdoor shwag and I dont know what its good for. :D

Nosferatu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You can always try a watercure on it. I know I have done this in the past and it made an improvement to the schwag.

Whats the worst that will happen if you experiment with it?

You can also try some other concoctions as well. Green Schwagon (Dragon) is always an option.

AGBeer,

Nycdeisel

I say treat it as ABV bud, as it probably looks the same anyway. save it for your next ABV bud project.

However, if you dont want to do that, just toss it my way and I will do so, and maybe I will share some of the end product with you ;)

happy new year everyone!

Nycdeisel,

Nosferatu

HAPPY NEW YEARS to all too!

Actually I think I'll combine it with my ABV and follow one of Samuel L's recipes... :brow:

Nosferatu,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yeah, i know people that specifically buy cheaper stuff for making edibles and say its cool. sounds like a plan.

rabblerouser,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
we wont cook with anything better then shwag down here. can get an ounce for about 40 bucks and that makes pretty good brownies.

gettin lifted,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Even with and I would say ESPECIALLY with schwag - Decarboxylization is your friend :)

AGBeer,

Nosferatu

AGBeer said:
Even with and I would say ESPECIALLY with schwag - Decarboxylization is your friend :)

Is that the process of cooking it in the oven for a little? If so whats the perfect temp and time to do it for?

Nosferatu,

bleh123

Damn! I wish I knew of any norcal clubs that sell anything for less than $250 an ounce

I'm no expert (one semester of MIT solid-state chemistry), but since decarboxylation is facilitated by heat and dryness (keep in mind that any indoor air heated to 200+ degrees farenheit will have very low humidity), and also factoring in that THC evaporates at 315 F, I would personally put my oven to 275 degrees Farenheit (for some safety room from the boiling point) and leave it in for 30-60 minutes.

I'm sure that there's plenty of guides out there "by stoners for stoners" written by people who have done some rough experimentation in their kitchens, but this would be my scientific guess as to an ideal temperature.

Good luck and happy vaping,
Eli

bleh123,
Top Bottom