How do you vape in public?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The biggest stealth killer that I experienced with the MFLB was combustion. I recall it happened a number of times when I still used the MFLB exclusively. Even with the technique that I felt was "perfect" I experienced a few random combustion events.

Weed smoke is way more detectable by more people than weed vapor.

that's interesting, I use the launch box pretty regularly but not in native mode, like i said i find it uncomfortable. I think the coughing can potentially be as much as a dead giveaway as the smoke. clearly in my view oil carts and pen batteries are the most stealth option while in public, and it's not a bad option at all. i've walked around manhattan and queens with it with zero concern.

slozukimc

that's interesting, I use the launch box pretty regularly but not in native mode, like i said i find it uncomfortable. I think the coughing can potentially be as much as a dead giveaway as the smoke. clearly in my view oil carts and pen batteries are the most stealth option while in public, and it's not a bad option at all. i've walked around manhattan and queens with it with zero concern.

Lol. I have stood behind the Post Office, leaning against the wall toking on my Omicron and chatting with an NYPD officer while he had a cig break in Forest Hills. Discretion is about attitude.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Lol. I have stood behind the Post Office, leaning against the wall toking on my Omicron and chatting with an NYPD officer while he had a cig break in Forest Hills. Discretion is about attitude.

I totally agree that attitude is more than half the battle as it relates to being discrete, but I would also argue that your Omicron is enough like a lot of e-cigs to pass cursory inspection. As would a vape cartridge. Somehow I don't believe you could have pulled this off using a Dynavap, Lil' Bud, Solo, Argo, Air, or Milaana in front of the same officer with the same end result.

To answer the OP-I use vape carts on a pen battery. They are perfect for that application, and during spring and summer months I just keep one in my car.

slozukimc

I totally agree that attitude is more than half the battle as it relates to being discrete, but I would also argue that your Omicron is enough like a lot of e-cigs to pass cursory inspection. As would a vape cartridge. Somehow I don't believe you could have pulled this off using a Dynavap, Lil' Bud, Solo, Argo, Air, or Milaana in front of the same officer with the same end result.

To answer the OP-I use vape carts on a pen battery. They are perfect for that application, and during spring and summer months I just keep one in my car.

Agreed there. That is one reason I chose the Omicron for that job.
I also agree the carts and such are super discreet, I have an iMini that I have used anywhere you can smoke cigs. The carts draw a curious eye as they are so small and cool looking.
With the law the way it is now in the USA just tell anyone who asks that it is CBD for anxiety and no you can’t try it, eww, germs. Lol

jeffp

psychonaut/retired

In the 80s I used to walk around Queens Blvd smoking a joint with my Sony Walkman listening to the Zombies, Beach Boys, Byrds, etc., etc., without the slightest concern and I'm generally paranoid to a degree but the concern was not there. Never chatted up a police officer while doing so, though. Times have changed; the veins around us definitely have tightened through the years, that is very true. So, thankful for oil carts and stealth vaporizers.

Dan B

Somehow I don't believe you could have pulled this off using a Dynavap, Lil' Bud, Solo, Argo, Air, or Milaana in front of the same officer with the same end result.
I think the Argo looks like a side-by-side mod. I imagine most people would just see a small box with a mouthpiece and assume it's for e-liquid.

Pistol Pete

A couple of years ago before I started vaping, I would take a toke off my Proto pipe outside anywhere. I would turn by back to someone five to ten feet away. A couple of times I got busted, but never had anyone say anything. I think it has alot to do with my appearance. I have been told I look like Jerry Garcia more times than I can count, lol. Now days I hit my Fury 2 in public even when I am making eye contact with someone. Park bench, Library, Doctor's waiting room, Walmart, concerts, just to name a few. Even though it's not legal in New Jersey, I just don't care. I know that's not a great attitude but I find that I'm a better person when medicated. I like myself better and find others do to, if that makes sense. Things don't bother me and I'm at ease more. I have had people ask me if I meditate? I say no, but I vape alot of marijuana! :chill::smug:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Lately I’ve been using oil (distilants) grown without pesticides. I have a Aspire Breeze, very cheap and I’ve had mine for over a year. Just add oil and go. It has an atomizer that needs to be changed every month or so. It takes only a couple hrs to charge. The charge last for a day or two depending on the usage.

There’s no smell and it looks like an ecig.

Last edited:

Gozer

710 snob
Been using a PlugPlay for a few months now with great results.

The Plug battery last a couple days of heavy use, and the Play pods are refillable

Benson X

I try to be as discrete and non-offensive as possible. As a courtesy, I don't vape around people that don't smoke/vape (unless they explicitly tell me they're okay with it) or in areas where it is prohibited.

I am also an (ex) cig-smoker, so I vape constantly while driving and out in public as a replacement to cigs, but I don't like to draw attention to it. I am actually pretty self-conscious of vaping "too much" and try to keep my clouds to a minimum.

I don't want to be like this guy:

daoist

well cops are idiots. i have seen footage on youtube where they arrest people for cbd and had to shut down there dispencary/shop. while down the block there is wallmart selling the exact same cbd and they tell the cops but they don't know and don't care and they just take you away.

you probably won't have to go to jail once a "real detective" or a lawyer looks at the case case but it is not worth the ordeal.
just take edibles and eat gummie bears all day, and nobody says shit. i bet if you pass it out to a bunch of kids nobody says shit because it looks like candy (don't do that by the way) but if you did nobody even knows its weed until 45 minutes later and you are gone by then. (again just a theory).

especially in this covid19 time cops are hellbent on controlling the population in each way possible, and cops abuse this covid-19 situation.
in my country they do the same shit they did to ppl in ww2. police come in your house giving a fine for having a cup of coffee with the neighbours in your own house. And when you don't sit far enough apart you get 400 euro fines. I am from Anne Franks country. we all know what happend there. And they are going to do it again, if we let them.

Last edited:
daoist,
  • Angry
Reactions: Whisper

strech

Edibles and a cart is usually enough to get me by in public. I have no problem walking the dog and smoking a joint. Even more so now with adult use the city cops won't look twice at you unless your driving.

shopdognyc

Since this thread was started I think the rules have loosened a bit. I work in an area where I smell it burning outside all day.

I just load up my Crafty+ in my pocket and take a few pulls and that is it. I do get a slight smell from my pocket but so far okay.

There was a mention about attitude, and I don't blink when walking by any cops.

Top Bottom