• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How do I make a vg based e- liquid for use in ego-c?

spanner

Hello all, I have been lurking for a while and recently purchased an atmos raw device but unfortunately I could not get it to vape at all so have sent it back. This has led me to reconsider what I want from vaping and I have concluded that I want the same experience that I get with my ego-c cigarette using a vg based e - liquid.

I am willing to try to make some kind of tincture ( if that is the right term) but the methods that I have researched have all been unspecific about gaping.

I am not keen on heating the vg but I hope to be able to fill a small jar with vg and expedient and leave until the vg soaked up said expedient.

Any thoughts or experience?

Kind regards all

spanner,

dannkk

I did see something along these lines on youtube the other day. The guy made a home made e-liquid out of a cigar. Was thinking of trying it someday with herb. He extracts the oil from the tobacco with ISO, and then mixes it with VG and something else...couldn't see what it was.

dannkk,

beEasy

I am not keen on heating the vg but I hope to be able to fill a small jar with vg and expedient and leave until the vg soaked up said expedient.

Any thoughts or experience?

I'm actually doing this right now with an oz of food grade VG and 1g of top shelf. It's been a month so far but I've read that you only need to leave it for a week. The only reason I let it soak for a month is because I don't have any cartomizers to use it in yet :doh: Oh well, the longer you leave it, the better it will be. There are guides on how to make tinctures, with or without heat, on other forums if you need a guide.

EDIT: I was looking around and found this guide too.

beEasy,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The Glycerin tincture is actually great for oral use. In attys & cartos it seems to lead to a quick death for them from all my experimenting. I finally stopped trying as the ones I'd get that work - too weak to bother with and when it's stronger it just gunks up the attys/cartos :( Tried in 2009, 2010 and again in 2011 before I finally gave up. Ecig stuff is evolving and I'm sure it is possible to get it to work but from what I found - it wasn't worth the effort. Take a tablespoon of glycerin tincture by mouth and voila - done!

Attys/cartos don't like oils... WE like oils ;)

Lo,

spanner

I have decided to save future ABV from my vapor genie in a large glass jar filled with VG and see what happens. I am certain that many of the new e-cig style cannacigs are using either pg or vg

spanner,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The Glycerin tincture is actually great for oral use. In attys & cartos it seems to lead to a quick death for them from all my experimenting. I finally stopped trying as the ones I'd get that work - too weak to bother with and when it's stronger it just gunks up the attys/cartos :( Tried in 2009, 2010 and again in 2011 before I finally gave up. Ecig stuff is evolving and I'm sure it is possible to get it to work but from what I found - it wasn't worth the effort. Take a tablespoon of glycerin tincture by mouth and voila - done!

Attys/cartos don't like oils... WE like oils ;)
I will second this, I found the exact same thing. I found the over all effect to be very weak, even though my VG is very potent. Orally, it was strong enough I only needed to take 4-5 drops to get a good effect. I must have wasted a pint or so of the good stuff tyring to e cig it. I am not saying it can't be done, it does work to some degree, esp. if you have very low tollerance. I just found it was much more effective using it as a tincture. I also found it gummed up the heat coil on the atomizer really fast and would cause them to over heat and die. I suppose you could soak your atty in Iso over night between uses to keep the build up down. Good luck to you, it's pretty easy to make the VG, it's better if it can be cleaned/filtered. I used a centrifuge to separate the waxes/plant matter out and ended up with a nice clean amber liquid.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: beEasy
Top Bottom