How do I control the text color of other members' posts?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, on one of my puters the forum posted text (others) is blue and very hard to read on the black background. I'm trying to figure out how to change it. Anyone know?

I can change mine, of course, but not the default posted text. Has to be a setting but don't no where it is.

Last edited:
cybrguy,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
So, on one of my puters the forum posted text (others) is blue and very hard to read on the black background. I'm trying to figure out how to change it. Anyone know?

I can change mine, of course, but not the default posted text. Has to be a setting but don't no where it is.

At the very bottom of any page on the left-hand side (above the phrase "Forum software by..") there are a couple of characters: push that. I use "xF" formatting, which is white background.

macbill,
Reactions: Joel W.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks, @macbill . I don't mind the black background. If I spend a lot of time in the group it is actually easier on my eyes. But I would like the text to be white like it is on this box I am on now. When I go to my laptop the text is blue with the black BG, and I'm not sure where the setting for that is. It should be somewhere.

I've tried reading some of the manual for XenForo, but that quickly gets me in the weeds.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If none of the xenForo themes work for you, your option is to add some custom CSS. If you're not sure how to do this, Brugbart has made a useful page on adding custom CSS that will help. The CSS you need should be:

.messageText { color: white }
That's all you need. Good luck!

pakalolo,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Cool, thanks. I'll let you know when I have it fixed. It was weird that one of my PCs is doing it different. I am a geek, but I've never learned html or CSS.

cybrguy,
Top Bottom