How Discreet Can Vaporizers Be (Smell-wise)?

darbarikanada

I've read about high school kids vaping juuls when the teacher's not looking... without going that far, and assuming you eliminate the risk of being seen, how far can you (do you) push it? do people vape in - for example - toilet stalls at concert halls? other scenarios where there's pedestrian traffic nearby (but out of sight)?

started@52

I've read about high school kids vaping juuls when the teacher's not looking... without going that far, and assuming you eliminate the risk of being seen, how far can you (do you) push it? do people vape in - for example - toilet stalls at concert halls? other scenarios where there's pedestrian traffic nearby (but out of sight)?
I don’t think carts and the like have any mj smell and could be vaped anywhere ecigs are allowed.

Vaporware

I don’t think carts and the like have any mj smell and could be vaped anywhere ecigs are allowed.

That’s kinda’ what I thought, but I stepped outside of a restaurant to take a very short pull on a Pax Era...I couldn’t even see any vapor, but some kid walking by said “Yo, where my weed at?” and followed it up with something similar...visually it was inconspicuous enough I could just walk back inside without a word, but someone who knows what they’re smelling can apparently pick it up when it seems like they shouldn’t be able to... :doh:

On the other hand, I’ve seen plenty of reports of people using more obvious stuff in the back of movie theaters, etc. without problems. My guess is that more people notice than they think, they just either don’t always complain or can’t pinpoint the source.

I’ve used mostly concentrate pens and now the Era in bathrooms with no problems, and a VapCap outside...I think if you aren’t too close to anyone or a busy walkway you should be fine with most vaporizers outside, but I wouldn’t count on not being noticed if you try it inside unless there are other strong smells around to cover it up.

I think stepping outside or into a bathroom is fine though. I just wouldn’t fire up a heavy hitter and fill the bathroom with clouds if you’re in a busy public place. :lol:

Doktor Dub

If it has to be as stealthy as possible, you can use some Wax Liquidizer to make Juice out of concentrate and Vape this in a regular e-cigarette / Mod + Atomizer.
Choose a liquidizer with own flavour like strawberry or similar.

And yes, it is a bit gross but sometimes you have to do what is needed.....

The bigger the clouds you blow, the less people will think you do something forbidden...

Doktor Dub,
Reactions: Vaporware

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
In my experience, my girlfriend can always tell when I use a vape in public, but I've gotten back to other comments. It's not that I don't think anyone else notices, just it's not as strong as smoking it, and also difficult to figure out where it is coming from.
I've used a smoke buddy at home and at hotels and it's never caused a problem with landlord or hotel staff, but my girl can still smell it while I'm doing it. It's more subdued, and it doesn't linger long, but it's there .

It doesn't seem to leave any smell on me when I came, unlike smoking.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: The Beagle

started@52

Vapcap smells very strong, almost as bad as smoking. I have to go into the garage. Ill have to ask others if they can smell the carts as I can’t.

started@52,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That’s kinda’ what I thought, but I stepped outside of a restaurant to take a very short pull on a Pax Era...I couldn’t even see any vapor, but some kid walking by said “Yo, where my weed at?” and followed it up with something similar...visually it was inconspicuous enough I could just walk back inside without a word, but someone who knows what they’re smelling can apparently pick it up when it seems like they shouldn’t be able to... :doh:

Almost all of the Era pods use real cannabis terpenes so its more likely to happen with a great pen. Most of the cheaper 510 carts don't so they tend to have more of an essential oil aroma than dank.

how far can you (do you) push it? do people vape in - for example - toilet stalls at concert halls? other scenarios where there's pedestrian traffic nearby (but out of sight)?

I'll vape pretty much anywhere....................... I've been at shows with tight security where I kept a pen up my sleeve and I'll stick the mouthpiece out for a quick covert drag lol.

It's mostly psychological, I've got a friend that thinks everyone has xray vision and can see right through her wax pen. The more you make it a deal the more it becomes one. I like to just take my drag and move along, low temp ghost hits when stealth is required.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
In my experience, my girlfriend can always tell when I use a vape in public, but I've gotten back to other comments. It's not that I don't think anyone else notices, just it's not as strong as smoking it, and also difficult to figure out where it is coming from.

Same here, people who knows you vape will notice when you are using one but IME with smaller electronic devices (I use a Fury 2 as my "stealth" unit) you can vape basically everywhere (concerts, sport events, fairs...) if you use just a bit of discretion.

MyCollie

I dunno. I think they all cause a stink. Some are worse than others but maybe all are better than smoking.

I was in NYC outside Chelsea Market and smelled it. It was very dank and I saw a group of young people and one of the guys had a pax in his hand. Maybe they’re especially stinky but the odor was more than just noticeable and they were maybe 20 feet away.

How about distillate with no terps added back? It wouldn’t be appealing to many but I guess the odor would be minimal.

steama

I dunno. I think they all cause a stink. Some are worse than others but maybe all are better than smoking.

I was in NYC outside Chelsea Market and smelled it. It was very dank and I saw a group of young people and one of the guys had a pax in his hand. Maybe they’re especially stinky but the odor was more than just noticeable and they were maybe 20 feet away.

How about distillate with no terps added back? It wouldn’t be appealing to many but I guess the odor would be minimal.
I haven't noticed terps from distillate hanging around, but odors do drift. Even so, I find distillate not weed like because its pharmaceutical purity makes it unique. Vapor and odor from flower takes longer to dissipate imo. Need more distillates!

:nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Whissmu

I had a pax a long time ago and I smelled a lot :doh:

my vapcap or bricks give me betray in closed rooms even having spent hours :bang:, I would say that the vapcap is stronger of the two :shit:!

My mighty yeahh :rockon:,avoiding high temperatures and the clouds, nobody perceives! it like my vapman; which is the king of stealth at low temperatures :ninja:

Last edited:
Whissmu,
Reactions: Koen

Koen

I had a pax a long time ago and I smelled a lot :doh:

my vapcap or bricks give me betray in closed rooms even having spent hours :bang:, I would say that the vapcap is stronger of the two :shit:!

My mighty yeahh :rockon:,avoiding high temperatures and the clouds, nobody perceives! it like my vapman; which is the king of stealth at low temperatures :ninja:
Indeed, with my mighty or crafty I can smoke besides people and they don't notice a thing. They only smell when opening the cooling unit

Koen,
Reactions: Whissmu

Whissmu

[/QUOTE]
Yep I agree, low temp Vapman can get you very high with just a pinch of weed without anyone noticing any smell.
Also is very easy to palm a Vapman to hide it.

exactly that :clap:! I could not have said it better :tup:

Indeed, with my mighty or crafty I can smoke besides people and they don't notice a thing. They only smell when opening the cooling unit

very true :clap:!! .. with the capsules the loading process is faster and leaves less trace :goon:

Top Bottom