How did Donald Trump Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaseous_clay

Does it not seem like some of you guys are reaching very hard to find damning things about Trump? Seriously who gives a fuck about some art deco shit getting destroyed in a real estate project?
It speaks to character. If you make a promise, you keep it. He doesn't. He lies. The "Art Deco shit" was less about the preservation (though I am a preservationist, as once something is gone, it's gone,) than it was about him just making up things to do whatever he wants. He had no intention on following through with the promise.

His buildings typically don't have the same number of floors listed. He would buy a 40 story building, then reopen it claiming it had 60 by simply renumbering the floors. When called out on it, he admitted it & said it was a brilliant thing he came up with himself (he didn't, it was already being done by an architectural firm that worked with him.)

A former lawyer of his was interviewed & couldn't talk about the work he did for him, but lent a bit about why he couldn't vote for him. He said that he noticed when talking to people about his apartment he would brag about the number of rooms, but the number always changed. He brought it up & asked how many rooms there actually were. He was told it was as many as they would believe.

His lawyers would never meet with him alone. It was always in pairs. Why? Because they found he would make things up and then say he never said them or he would change the numbers every time. They went in pairs so he couldn't tell one of them one thing and another something completely different. When your own lawyers don't trust you, why should the country?

Edit- even going as far to fear mongering about Trump's health

Well, not to play the point the finger game that we see so much, but the health of his opponent was an issue introduced as a fear mongering tactic by him & his campaign. Not that it's much of an issue now, but we'll see.

Let's get through the litany of fraud & other trials against him first. Hey, here's a first. Let's all gather 'round and watch a President-elect on trial for fraud! Must see TV!

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
All
Does it not seem like some of you guys are reaching very hard to find damning things about Trump? Seriously who gives a fuck about some art deco shit getting destroyed in a real estate project?

Edit- even going as far to fear mongering about Trump's health
It doesn't take much reaching to find something a fowl with Trump. He has a long resume. He either doesn't pay his bills or he doesn't admit to things they have him on tape saying. This person is a habitual liar and a fraud. I guess he will just blend in with the other politicians in DC nothing different even though that was his stance to vote for him if you wanted change.

With Trump you get Pence too. Two complete opposites. If you don't like one you might like the other.

Trump's character has always been in the toilet from back in the 1980s.

Scott A

It speaks to character. If you make a promise, you keep it. He doesn't. He lies. The "Art Deco shit" was less about the preservation (though I am a preservationist, as once something is gone, it's gone,) than it was about him just making up things to do whatever he wants. He had no intention on following through with the promise.

His buildings typically don't have the same number of floors listed. He would buy a 40 story building, then reopen it claiming it had 60 by simply renumbering the floors. When called out on it, he admitted it & said it was a brilliant thing he came up with himself (he didn't, it was already being done by an architectural firm that worked with him.)

A former lawyer of his was interviewed & couldn't talk about the work he did for him, but lent a bit about why he couldn't vote for him. He said that he noticed when talking to people about his apartment he would brag about the number of rooms, but the number always changed. He brought it up & asked how many rooms there actually were. He was told it was as many as they would believe.

His lawyers would never meet with him alone. It was always in pairs. Why? Because they found he would make things up and then say he never said them or he would change the numbers every time. They went in pairs so he couldn't tell one of them one thing and another something completely different. When your own lawyers don't trust you, why should the country?

Well, not to play the point the finger game that we see so much, but the health of his opponent was an issue introduced as a fear mongering tactic by him & his campaign. Not that it's much of an issue now, but we'll see.

Let's get through the litany of fraud & other trials against him first. Hey, here's a first. Let's all gather 'round and watch a President-elect on trial for fraud! Must see TV!
So for the fear mongering you are going with the "if he did it,we can"stance with out acknowledging your hipocrisy.

As for the rest of your post I try to stick away from things not derived in fact so I will not comment.

Scott A,

Scott A

All

It doesn't take much reaching to find something a fowl with Trump. He has a long resume. He either doesn't pay his bills or he doesn't admit to things they have him on tape saying. This person is a habitual liar and a fraud. I guess he will just blend in with the other politicians in DC nothing different even though that was his stance to vote for him if you wanted change.
If it doesn't take much reaching then why reach so far?

Scott A,

CarolKing

This story is what originally I started disliking Trump a lot. What a hate filled person. This shows his true colors. I would really watch over my shoulder if I were him. I didn't have to reach very hard either. I think the evidence is pretty clear cut. I felt genuine sympathy towards these young men at the time. They have aged as we have too. Trump has showed many times the type of person he is. The voters didn't care. That's what is so scary. They would have elected anybody. This is how dictators are elected.

Donald J. Trump rarely apologizes. When it comes to the case of the Central Park Five, he has never even come close.

In 1989, after these black and Latino teenagers from Harlem were accused of assaulting and raping a white woman in Central Park, Mr. Trump spent $85,000 placing full-page ads in the four daily papers in New York City, calling for the return of the death penalty.

“Muggers and murderers,” he wrote, “should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes.” Though he didn’t refer to the teenagers by name, it was clear to anyone in the city that he was referring to them.

Incredibly, 14 years after their sentences were vacated based on DNA evidence and the detailed and accurate confession of a serial rapist named Matias Reyes, Mr. Trump has doubled down.

“They admitted they were guilty,” he said in a statement to CNN this month. “The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous.”

Mr. Trump is apparently ignorant of our country’s epidemic of wrongful convictions, which disproportionately affect minorities, and the prevalence of false confessions in those convictions.

Photo
18burnsWeb-master675.jpg

Antron McCray, Raymond Santana, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, and Korey Wise in New York City. Known as the Central Park Five, they served prison sentences after being wrongly convicted in the Central Park jogger case. CreditMichael Nagle for The New York Times

Last edited:

Scott A

When Theodore Roosevelt was added to McKinley's 1900 ticket as VP, it was because he was being a pain in the ass & it was considered a nothing position & a way to get him out of the way. It didn't work out that way.
Well I apparently have been bested by something that happened 100+ years ago. The fear mongering is still not warranted.

Scott A,

gaseous_clay

If it doesn't take much reaching then why reach so far?
It shows the depth of his character. There is SO much you can look up practically anything he ever did and find it to be a lie, a con, or something that is completely fucked up.

Like the blog post he put on the trump university website when John Travolta's son died. Was it a heartfelt message about how awful it must be to lose a child? No. He wrote about how he tried to pick up Travolta's wife, bragged he is extremely successful picking up women, and was surprised she said no. So basically the best words he can say when your kid dies is "I tried to fuck the mom."

I really can't believe how badly you guys are taking this

You should be glad people still give half a damn. Unless you would rather everybody shrug their shoulders and accept a leader that inspires children to bully others, and adults to feel emboldened to violence since their trump won. For some reason I don't remember hearing of violence in celebration of any other presidential victory.

Last edited:

lwien

That's insanity.

What's insanity is that we elected Trump to be our President. THAT is insanity. Everything else that has been discussed in this thread pales in comparison on the insanity scale.

This is almost akin to living in an alternate universe. Hard to wrap my head around the fact that this jerk-off is actually the leader of the free world and the free world is thinking like...........WTF?!? :o
The ONLY other leader of any country on this planet that is happy with this outcome is Putin. What in the fuck does THAT tell ya?

Scott A

It shows the depth of his character. There is SO much you can look up practically anything he ever did and find it to be a lie, a con, or something that is completely fucked up.

Like the blog post he put on the trump university website when John Travolta's son died. Was it a heartfelt message about how awful it must be to lose a child? No. He wrote about how he tried to pick up Travolta's wife, bragged he is extremely successful picking up women, and was surprised she said no. So basically the best words he can say when your kid dies is "I tried to fuck the mom."
I get it bit I think you put a lot more value in this kind of stuff than the public obviously did.

Scott A,

BD9

I think this thread has run it's course and should be shut down. But, I want to get in before the lock... :D

Pence's name has come up a lot in the last few pages. I live under the Pence regime. This guy is a religious zealot of the highest degree. While hundreds in my state where getting sick, On March 23, more than two months after the outbreak was detected, Mr. Pence said he was going to go home and pray on it.

Fast-forward to 2015. Local health officials began to report HIV cases linked to intravenous prescription opioid use in Scott County. Scott County residents were sharing needles to inject their opioids, and nobody was getting tested.
At the height of the outbreak, 20 new cases of HIV were being diagnosed each week.

Nearly 200 people contracted HIV while Pence twiddled his thumbs over harm reduction and de-emphasized public health spending.

Then there's the open bigotry which became law known RFRA. The Religious Freedom Restoration Act. It gives business owners the right to discriminate against people, of their choosing, they feel are not living a life following biblical teachings.

So yeah, pence is a horrible human being who hides behind his religion.

CarolKing

@BD9 we just want to get honest conversation going with a bit of knowledge and intelligence. Elections matter. This is the aftermath.

Character is suppose to matter too.

@Scott A you are breaking the be nice rule.

Now Sarah Palin is going to be part of the Trump inner circle of players. That will fit perfectly with the inner Trumpster cabinet. That's the cherry on the cake sorta speak. Love the addition of Sarah Palin. What a fucking train wreck or shit storm however we look at it. It couldn't have been written any better. We can only laugh and get out the cannabis and the vaporizer. Right friends?

Last edited:

Scott A

@BD9 we just want to get honest conversation going with a bit of knowledge and intelligence. Elections matter. This is the aftermath.

Character is suppose to matter.
Really? Because some of your own comments have been far from that.

Scott A,

gangababa

A super-naturally great man said (it is said), "Forgive them Lord (Father) for they know not what they do."
The non-voters and the Trump voters have opened a Pandoras box of putrefaction.

Today there is a Trumpstain on the fabric of America, whose racist underbelly is exposed, lovingly caressed by El Caesar Don.

A meanness of spirit is unleashed upon the land; a dark disturbance in the force of Goodness is being mainstreamed into the children of us-all (USA).

Many will be surprised at the Pearly Gates where Trump-voters will have an express line to the
down elevator.
All the words of justification that one can spin for how now comes to be, will not erase the sin of selfish stupidity.

The Republican Party, birthed this politics of destruction, and practiced it well these past eight years.
An undeniable ugliness has come out of the closet claiming the "special right" to be pr*cks and also not get called out about their pr*ckish conduct.
An anti-Polite Conduct club of perhaps 1 out of four of USA, has taken control.

Anger and hate, masquerading as economic victimization, has boiled up, encouraged and roiled up, and harvested by El Caesar Don.

Whatever mistakes belong to the Democratic Party palin (sic) comparison to Republican ownership of Trump and the ugly American image, internationally.
Sad!
So sorry the Democratic Party failed to win the angry-inner-child vote!

One of these things is not like the others:
Washington, Jefferson, Monroe, Lincoln, Roosevelt, FDR, Eisenhower, Reagan, Trump

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Not that it matters, but Clinton is now ahead in the popular vote by 566,000. This exceeds Al Gore's popular vote margin of 543,000 over George Bush in 2000. Several sources have estimated the final margin for Clinton in the popular vote could exceed 1 Million. :o

Scott A

A super-naturally great man said (it is said), "Forgive them Lord (Father) for they know not what they do."
The non-voters and the Trump voters have opened a Pandoras box of putrefaction.

Today there is a Trumpstain on the fabric of America, whose racist underbelly is exposed, lovingly caressed by El Caesar Don.

A meanness of spirit is unleashed upon the land; a dark disturbance in the force of Goodness is being mainstreamed into the children of us-all (USA).

Many will be surprised at the Pearly Gates where Trump-voters will have an express line to the
down elevator.
All the words of justification that one can spin for how now comes to be, will not erase the sin of selfish stupidity.

The Republican Party, birthed this politics of destruction, and practiced it well these past eight years.
An undeniable ugliness has come out of the closet claiming the "special right" to be pr*cks and also not get called out about their pr*ckish conduct.
An anti-Polite Conduct club of perhaps 1 out of four of USA, has taken control.

Anger and hate, masquerading as economic victimization, has boiled up, encouraged and roiled up, and harvested by El Caesar Don.

Whatever mistakes belong to the Democratic Party palin (sic) comparison to Republican ownership of Trump and the ugly American image, internationally.
Sad!
So sorry the Democratic Party failed to win the angry-inner-child vote!

One of these things is not like the others:
Washington, Jefferson, Monroe, Lincoln, Roosevelt, FDR, Eisenhower, Reagan, Trump
Your post is filled with so many hilarious assumptions and really shows how out if touch people like you are.

Scott A

@CarolKing it is hilarious to me that you go to PMs to accuse me of being underage just for disagreeing with you even though I have been a member of this community for many years now.

The arrogance is just disgusting.

edit- even more hilarious is you accuse me of that while I have been a member for longer than you have.

Scott A,

CarolKing

I'm sorry but the way up you were acting I thought you were under age. I wasn't going to mention that but you just did. I didn't say it in a mean way either. I genuinly thought you could be under 18. You didn't seem to have much knowledge of the election. You just keep calling us hilarious without much substance. if you were offended my apologies to you.

You said you didn't even vote. So maybe you didn't bother to read up on the election that we are so devasted over. Maybe you don't realize the damage what a truly shitty president can do?

CarolKing,

Scott A

I'm sorry but the way up you were acting I thought you were under age. I wasn't going to mention that but you just did. I didn't say it in a mean way either. I genumily thought you could be under 18. You didn't seem to have much knowledge of the election. You just keep calling us hilarious without much substance. if you were offended my apologies to you.
So this is just the second time you have attacked me as a poster instead of the ideas in my posts. Im glad you admit it in front of everyone to see.

Scott A,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom