How come the Vaporbrothers doesn't get much love at FC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodyWeedPecker

I'm talking about this model:
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/vaporbrothers-vaporizer-standard.html

I feel I'm settled in term of desktop vaporizer. But I always wondered why the vaporbrothers doesn't get more love? It seems like a vaporizer which could be mentionned in the same breath as the log vapes, the 7th floor products, EQ, Volcano, EVO, etc. With its own pros and cons. But somehow it seems nobody is talking about this vaporizer which have been around for a long time.

Is there bad customer service? Is it a bad vaporizer? The price seems ok.

Anybody can compare it with other vaporizers?

Last edited:
WoodyWeedPecker,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Never used one but i could never understand why they put the wand at that angle .. really stupid. Just do the opposite angle ala ssv.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Honestly I think it's the design.

I had a knockoff I bought from my LHS, it sucked. I am not a huge fan of whips to begin with, but also the way the herb sits in the whip never worked well for me with my knockoff.

Granted I'm sure the name brand version works MUCH better than my knockoff, but I never cared for that design anyway. (I also bought the LSV over the SSV/DBV - as you can see I don't like whips lol)

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: steama

Scott A

Just to me it seems like a really out dated design but they do get plenty of love, I mean there is a 23 page thread about it on here. Not close to the talk some other vapes get here but more than a good portion of vapes.

Scott A,

max

Out to lunch
VB is a good company and the vape is also a good one, but the wood box enclosure is kind of out of date, and the popularity of whip models in general is down, from years past. Lower pricing available these days on the DBV and SSV also attracts buyers who would be interested in the box vape.

i could never understand why they put the wand at that angle
The best answer I could get (years ago), was that it prevented the box from moving away from you when attaching the whip. I used another brand at one point though, that had a horizontal angle (like the DBV) and didn't really have a problem with it. Either setting the box on its side, propping up the rear end, or turning it upside down would solve the whip angle issue, but that's all kind of half assed IMO. Packing the bowl tight so no herb falls down is also a solution, but not perfect.
Just to me it seems like a really out dated design
It is outdated as far as the housing material and the whip angle, but otherwise I'd call the design old but far from obsolete. Your basic whip vape, ala the SSV, is still a very good option for the money. It's very reliable and can deliver a very high vapor/air ratio (the SSV in particular shines in that respect) and big hits.

Scott A

It is outdated as far as the housing material and the whip angle, but otherwise I'd call the design old but far from obsolete. Your basic whip vape, ala the SSV, is still a very good option for the money. It's very reliable and can deliver a very high vapor/air ratio (the SSV in particular shines in that respect) and big hits.
Yeah you are right. I was speaking solely from a design stand point. It still is a very well performing vaporizer, as it has always been.

Scott A,
Reactions: steama

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
My first real vape was a well built knock-off (pretty sure the name is Vapor Cannon). It served me well and is still out on the rounds being passed to friends to try to get them to make the switch from combusting. I had a small block that I put under the rear feet to level the heater port.

Agree with all above as to why this doesn't get more love. For me it was all of these things and the amount of material it used and vapor profile. This was a great vape 6 -7 years ago for a reasonable price. Now, with so many newer and more efficient vapes on the market it has lost to the competition. I don't consider tubing worth the hassle and crud and seems many reach the same conclusion.

Easiest comparison for me is to the nano. It's only a couple more bucks, but allows for easier use (especially on a water tool), has a much smaller footprint and doesn't require you to hold the load to the heater. By the time you pick up your first 10 feet of replacement silicone tubing for the VB, you're probably paying as much as you would for the nano. And, that's not even considering the savings in vaporizables. YMMV, but I probably use less than half with the nano than I did with the Vapor Cannon. That means I would recoup the price difference in less than a month. Think you would find the same with other log vapes (and a few other vapes), too.

flotntoke,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My first real vape was a well built knock-off (pretty sure the name is Vapor Cannon). It served me well and is still out on the rounds being passed to friends to try to get them to make the switch from combusting. I had a small block that I put under the rear feet to level the heater port.
Had the same type model, but not the cool name! Vapor Cannon! ;)

Did the same thing, elevating the rear of the unit, to keep the product from falling onto the heater... bad design...

DDave,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've got one and it works fine. In fact, it's at a friends house who uses it regularly over some of the other models I have loaned him. They love it!

imo, it's an older design that has been copied. It's been copied and offered for less money and it's been improved and offered for more. The 7th Floor products are a legitimate improvement and they have run away with the design as far as sales. While VB still supports it and markets it, I think most of their marketing efforts have been directed lately at the concentrate market with their pens and the desktop dab unit.

It's a good unit that works and they will always support it, but a lot of design improvements people are talking about here have already been incorporated in the 7th Floor products, so why not just get those?

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
The VaporBro's vape is a great vape IMO.. It performs as well as any other decent vape I've used, and IMO I'd take it over an EQ all day every day for it's simplicity, size, and warm up time.. In fact, I kind of traded the EQ for the VB I have.. Although I don't use mine all that much anymore, it's certainly capable, just more bulky than other options, and demands a little bit more herb than my other options.. A lot of the time I'd use mine w/o a whip, I'd just take the glass wand and stretch a silicone band around it near the bottom, and then I'd just stick it in an 18mm female joint and use it like a log vape.. Kinda bulky in the hand but it's worth it IMO.. I have pics and video clips somewhere around here.. not sure where though, so you may have to just use the imagination :spliff:

I think it's lack of popularity around here is a good part that the design is outdated these days, but I also really think it has to do w/ misconceptions of how box vapes perform, and I feel like people just assume since some China box vape they tried sucked, that VB is the same exact thing :huh:.. the VB is far better than any of the Chinese box vapes I've personally ever used, and I can't even count the variety of different ones I've used over the years.. the VB has a larger, better quality Custom heating element for one.. even larger than the 7th floor products, and I can't say how quality it is in comparison, but I'd expect it to be of high quality coming from VB.. I also feel that it keeps a more stable temp than all the Chinese box vapes I tried, but I can't say for sure.. TBH I don't see myself getting rid of this vape.. it's a high quality back up IMO.. and although I've never used the customer service, I've only ever understood that it's amazing..

hoptimum

I had one and recently sold it to my neighbor. IMO it's an excellent beginner's vaporizer. Very easy to learn and produces very good vapor and requires very little maintenance. It doesn't hit as large as the comparably priced vaporizers from 7th Floor, however, and doesn't pair quite as easily with a water tool, which might have diminished the popularity of the VB. For comparison, it's a little like the SSV with the Standard heater cover. But it's still a good and reliable vaporizer. One benefit of the lack of popularity is that you can find them dirt cheap on places like craigslist, for around $30 without the whip. Definitely better than most vaporizers in that price range.

hoptimum,

WoodyWeedPecker

Thanks everyone. So it seems the problem with the vaporbrothers is the design (bulky, angle of the heat port) and the knock-off vaporbrothers which gave the original a bad reputation. People must be careful with the knock-offs, some can be good for the price, but they must be reviewed on their own right. Nobody would buy a knock-off Pax thinking it would perform the same as the original Pax. Same for MFLB vs Palm vs other knock offs. Vaporizers are all about the perfect balance. Personally, I didn't buy it because it was a bit bulky compared to the vaporizer I have (E-Nano) and the nano had a better reputation for efficiency, although the VB is not too bad for this especially with the mini-whip I read somewhere on the internet.

WoodyWeedPecker,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Eh.... even with the mini whip the consumption isn't nano-ish (or like some other vapes).

I look at it a little like an older car. If you like the looks of it and don't mind older technology and useage, have at it. Can be had for very cheap, too! It will get you there for a nice low initial price. But, long term costs may add up quickly depending on how you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom