• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

how can i get better flavour from bong vaping?

MoltenTiger

From which brand can you buy that d020-d bubbler? seems to be nameless chinese stuff.
Not that i have anything against that, if it works.
D020 is a model from a Chinese catalogue, the D020-D is an upgraded version with a matrix percolator.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-9-inches-bubbler-glass-bong-water/244202146.html
d020-d-9-inches-bubbler-glass-bong-water.jpg

daoist

I rather buy local in europe. In China there is a couple of problems going on right now. i don't think they even ship any shit anymore with that virus going on.

daoist

how about something like this:
it is 49 euro. seems good price i think. not sure if honeycomb percs are the best though.
any thoughts on percolation?
bubbler-glass-honey

bubbler-glass-honey.jpg

MoltenTiger

how about something like this:
it is 49 euro. seems good price i think. not sure if honeycomb percs are the best though.
any thoughts on percolation?
bubbler-glass-honey

bubbler-glass-honey.jpg

The Honey looks pretty good. You could go smaller with less percolation to get further flavour, but that would be a good starting point for a mid-small piece.

There's some videos on it, via google

Do you have 14mm whip adapters? The EQ can fit 18mm GonGs out of the box with the elbow adapters, but might need an extra adapter for 14mm

If you are getting a new glass piece, and if you need new adapters, I still stand by my first recommendation of a hydratube. This has the advantage of both being small, and reducing the vapour path and eliminating silicone or plastic

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/5zgvzr/finally_got_my_hydratube_with_gong_adapter_from/
ua2uyemlkhly.jpg

Note that you'll want to use a short 18mm-18mm female adapter (like DDave Mod) [the post this pic comes from has the EQ bowl packed too far from the heater for his selected temp, he'd need to boost it up to at least 237 to get the heat up to the other end of his heater adapter (looks like an 18mm F - 18mm M). What you would want is 18F-18F -> basket screen + 18M-18M -> Hydratube. This would allow the EQ screen to be placed very close to the ceramic rod heater and will yield amazing and tasty results with better temp accuracy, plus with the additional glass adapter holding the screen, you can remove and handle this without burning yourself when refilling)].

The only disadvantage is you'll have to either go up to the EQ to use it, or hold onto it during use. A small bubbler with a long whip is better for a group sesh. Otherwise, you should really strongly consider the direct path.

Last edited:

daoist

currently i use either original 14mm glass adapter for balloons on the bong, or 18.8mm elbow.
I use either the glass whip-mouthpiece or the glass balloon-mouthpiece. i cut the whip much shorter.

i also have the 18.8mm elbow with built in glass screen, but it need vapewool in between the herb and the screen, or the airflow will be very bad. I sort of switch a bit between all adapters.

BTW, I am not really fond of the idea of a big water rig on top of the EQ.
water and electricity close together is usually not the best idea.

Last edited:

JHay

currently i use either original 14mm glass adapter for balloons on the bong, or 18.8mm elbow.
I use either the glass whip-mouthpiece or the glass balloon-mouthpiece. i cut the whip much shorter.

i also have the 18.8mm elbow with built in glass screen, but it need vapewool in between the herb and the screen, or the airflow will be very bad. I sort of switch a bit between all adapters.

BTW, I am not really fond of the idea of a big water rig on top of the EQ.
water and electricity close together is usually not the best idea.
If you are looking strictly for flavor then j-hooks are excellent. Really anything small will work guess it depends on what kind of draw resistance you want.

daoist

I went with the Easy Flow Bomb Tower. It arrived this morning. It is pretty small but vape is smooth. Even just dry vape is pretty smooth. i have not tested it with water but i am not sure if i really need any water with this piece.

also I think, the more diffusion the the more taste is lost. try a plain bong with plain downstem for minimal diffusion compared to a bubbler

daoist

I like diffusion. makes it nice and smooth. otherwise i could just vape direct from the whip.
but once through the matrix diffusers it is very smooth. even with no water.

daoist

did u try using slightly warm water?
If you rinse out your bong every day it stays clean. if it gets slightly smudgy i rinse it with
Warm water and dishwater detergent and also some dishwasher stuff that makes the glass shine. but most of the time i just rinse it out with water with nothing in it. it stays clean.

I bought a small bong now with two matrix diffusers. this thing hits so smooth you don't even need any water. i may buy an even smaller one in the future for vaping hasish.

I am in no way any cleaning freak. but it is just so much better to vape with a clean rig than a dirty rig. I just rinse out the bong and clean the vaporizer bowls and screens in some iso, then i rinse it out with water and dry it. I consider stuff like that also my daily meditation. it is not really that much work.

The reason i don't use hot water is because it cools down before the vaporizer is warmed up.
So the water does not stay warm.

Last edited:
Warm water for cleaning with some dishwater detergent and dishwasher stuff that makes the glass shine.

I bought a small bong now with two matrix diffusers. this thing hits so smooth you don't even need any water. i may buy an even smaller one in the future for vaping hasish.

I mean slightly warm water for vaping C:

kasimier1337,

daoist

yes but warm water cools down even before the vaporizer is heated up. so i think it does not really work in practical situations. nice theory though.

MinnBobber

The reason i don't use hot water is because it cools down before the vaporizer is warmed up.
So the water does not stay warm.
.................................................................................

hot tapwater is fine in your bubbler and it stays warm well after vaping. The water is still warm when I pour it out.
Warm water adds more needed moisture to the dry vapor AND having a smaller temp difference between the vapor temp and
the bubbler temp = less vapor lost / a more potent hit.

daoist

Just take small hits. you can leave the vaporzer on all day and take a hit when you need it.
don';t vape it all at once. you can even continue vaping the next day. i do this all the time.

Top Bottom