• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How awesome is the OmniVap XL?

How awesome is the OmniVap XL?

• Oh My God: So Fucking Awesome

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Totally Awesome

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Mostly Awesome

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Too Expensive For What You Get

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm obviously preaching to the proverbial crowd here but I've been using my XL more lately and really enjoying it.

It's my only VapCap until the 420 deal arrives and on its own it really has changed how I feel about vaping.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, unless you are using glass you have to mouth pull. Or at least that's my experience. I have gotten comfortable doing that, however, so it is no longer a downside for me.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm coming to think I may like my Nonavong XL (w/Ti mp) as much as my Omni XL. I think XL may be the operative variable. I'll have to do some more thinking on that... :sherlock::sherlock::sherlock:

Still thinking...

Vaporware

Mine’s shipping today, so I’ll find out soon!

For those bothered by the position of the hole though, remember that it’s designed with the hole close to the mouthpiece so the air travels up over the condenser tube to help cool it down.

If it doesn’t bother you to lose that, or if you don’t notice any difference then I guess reversing it is not a big deal, but if you feel like it’s not working the way it should and you’ve reversed the body/stem, switching it back might be worth a try.

With the Omni, don’t you mostly adjust the airflow with the mouthpiece anyway?

I guess I’ll just have to play with mine when it comes in and see what works and what doesn’t. :)

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I got an Omni XL condenser with a carbon fiber stem a couple of months ago. I dug it. I got the Ti stem from the 4/20 sale and I can't believe how much more I like it than I did with the Carbon Fiber.

I've got my carbon fiber on an XL condenser with a Ti mouthpiece and I dig that, but it's nothing like my all Ti Omni XL.

The vapcap changed the way I thought about vaping, but I needed to use a J Hook or WP so I relied on my Vongs. The Omni XL changed the way I think about vaping vapcaps natively.

Speaking of which:sherlock:

beyond6strings

Use the Omni MP to close the carb, and I'd suggest trying it without water and see how you like that. I don't use water in my WP. I like to collect the reclaim.

If you're using a torch heat near the digger outer and 1-2 seconds past the click, be careful, but when you work this technique you'll get huge clouds.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I watched those videos and also looked for similar clips on YouTube but I still don't get it. If I unscrew the threaded part of the condenser the length increases and the rubber rings on the tip become visible, which doesn't look right.

beyond6strings

Take the Omni condenser out of the body and unscrew the mouthpiece a bit. Then put the condenser all the way back into the body just as it was. The condenser is now longer and sticks into the tip which will block the airpath and create stronger, denser vapor and allows you to not have to worry about using or finding the carb.

And it's easy to adjust to your liking. Getting too much air? Loosen it some more. Draw too restricted tighten it up a bit which will shorten it. The trick is to always put the condenser fully back into the body of the device.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't PM and I'll walk you through it on Skype or something.

Cheers

beyond6strings

Do you take your Omni-condenser out of the body/stem for adjusting or can you do it on the fly ?

You can, but I like to take mine out to make sure it doesn't come apart since I push it close to that. I also think for first-timers pulling it out and putting it back in cements the idea of what's actually going on with the vaporizer.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I got one of those little kits on the 420 sale and I noticed that a bit of beeswax on the o rings helps with assembly and disassembly of my Omnivong. The Omnivap XL already comes apart easier because there's less friction than with the wooden stem.

Vaporware

Mine only came in yesterday, but it’s pretty nice so far! I think there’s a bit of a learning curve for those of us who aren’t used to flame powered vapes or even smoking, but I got it working pretty well within a few heat cycles.

The biggest problem I’ve had is that I think I held it angled down a little and possibly combusted a tiny flake in the cap. As soon as the blast of hotter air hit my tongue I pulled it away and exhaled, but all the evidence I found of possible combustion was a couple of little dark spots on the inside of the cap. I am a little more wary of potential combustion events now though...hopefully if I keep the tip level or up and respect the click though, it’ll be fine. :)

I don’t think it’s fair to compare th Omnivap XL (or any VapCap) to the FlowerPot which is a pretty different kind of vaporizer, but compared to my Ascent I think it gives as good or better results with less material, and I was surprised it wasn’t more hot and harsh than it is.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it and I expect to like it even more as I learn how to get the best results from it and finally get fairly on-demand portability!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The first time I held and Omni in my hand (and before) I thought that twisting the mouthpiece actually caused the condenser module (if you will) to cover the air hole from the inside and close it just like we do with our finger from the outside. It was only after playing with it for a while that I realized that instead turning the mouthpiece elongated the condenser so that it closed the air path in the tip rather than at the air hole. Once I understood that everything made sense and it was much easier to manage. The amount you actually need to turn the MP to close the off the outside air path is actually quite minimal. I usually keep it nearly closed, and use my finger for that last bit of control.

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
The first time I held and Omni in my hand (and before) I thought that twisting the mouthpiece actually caused the condenser module (if you will) to cover the air hole from the inside and close it just like we do with our finger from the outside. It was only after playing with it for a while that I realized that instead turning the mouthpiece elongated the condenser so that it closed the air path in the tip rather than at the air hole. Once I understood that everything made sense and it was much easier to manage. The amount you actually need to turn the MP to close the off the outside air path is actually quite minimal. I usually keep it nearly closed, and use my finger for that last bit of control.

Sooo, buying an xl-condensor, and maybe cutting off a small section would allow me to almost completely block the carb my woody-s permanently?

Kozzmozz,

Vaporware

Sooo, buying an xl-condensor, and maybe cutting off a small section would allow me to almost completely block the carb my woody-s permanently?

I don’t have a woody but would moving the top o-ring to near the end of the condenser not block it already? If not, maybe the standard length Omni would work without cutting?

You could always test it by disassembling and putting the condenser and tip next to the body to see if they’d be close enough or not.

beyond6strings

No. To block off the air-hole the condenser needs to be longer.

I use a standard condenser, without a mouthpiece, on a Cocobolo body. I put the Ti tip in the smallest screen setting and then you can shove the standard condenser into the body with the end of the condenser flush with the end of the body, and into the tip. It's amazing through water. I did the same thing with a light wood vong stem and an XL condenser. But you have to use a Ti tip-it won't fit flush when using the M because of the depth of the screen placement in the SS tip.

Top Bottom