How are the highs different between vaped herb and concentrates?

Tranquility

I'd have to agree with your friend. If there is a slight difference, I'm not sure words would describe it well. Personally, except for an odd sativa that causes me paranoia/anxiety, I seem to feel more "complete" with flower. You don't keep looking over your shoulder thinking you've missed something like I do with concentrates.

david8613

I am an indica flower guy, to me flower is smoother and lasts longer. the other day my friend had some sativa liquid concentrate pod with the little battery thingy, and I took one good deep pull, my god it was so powerful, and intense, my heart was beating fast, it felt like a lot for me all at once, it could be it was a sativa strain not really shure though. it definitely more intense though and it felt quicker coming in and going out of my body.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
concentrate pod
and I took one good deep pull

Hey my friend, it’s the fact that the cannabis oil in the pod is concentrated, not whether it’s sativa or Indica. You took a good deep pull which gave you a good deep punch to the face! Next time, try a smaller pull first to gauge how hard the concentrates are going to hit ya. That’s my thought on your experience.

EDIT: change saliva to sativa. Stupid spellcheck...

Last edited:

david8613

Hey my friend, it’s the fact that the cannabis oil in the pod is concentrated, not whether it’s saliva or Indica. You took a good deep pull which gave you a good deep punch to the face! Next time, try a smaller pull first to gauge how hard the concentrates are going to hit ya. That’s my thought on your experience.

I think your right about that, my friend was like "wow you took a big hit!" when he saw the cloud I threw out. next time I have to do a more gentle and short inhale. I guess I was using my draw technique from convection vaping "slow and Long" that I use with mv1, firefly2 and mighty. that little thing definitely punched me in my face. :whoa::whoa::whoa:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I think your right about that, my friend was like "wow you took a big hit!" when he saw the cloud I threw out. next time I have to do a more gentle and short inhale. I guess I was using my draw technique from convection vaping "slow and Long" that I use with mv1, firefly2 and mighty. that little thing definitely punched me in my face. :whoa::whoa::whoa:

Yup. Different types of vapes require different types of hits.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Last Sunday a friend of mine asked if I was packing. I took out one of my Dart pods and gave it to him.

Watched as he drew what must have been an eight to ten second draw. Silence for the
First few seconds, than the coughing got concerning.

After a while it abated.

Asked if he was OK. OK, OK he said, looking a bit askew.

97% THC kicks ass.

stark1,
Reactions: Squiby

CalyxSmokr

the cheaper the concentrate and closer to shatter the more neutral thc I think it is. I think live resin has more terpenes etc. saved so more entourage effect. Rosin probably a step up from live resin if made from primo material?
I thought that was accepted. Personally I feel a much more complete high from flower but it smells to high heaven and concentrates are just so damn convenient.
Flower gets me too high in certain daily situations too. I think the constituents you lose making concentrates makes a difference. But I am not trying loads of new products all the time so maybe others have better input

CANtalk

This is an interesting topic I'd like to hear more about :tup:.

the cheaper the concentrate and closer to shatter the more neutral thc I think it is.
I find that the quality of the batch/product matters even more than that. I have a strong sativa live resin and a strong sativa shatter and fwiw I find the shatter more potent :shrug:. OTOH, there's definitely more flavors in the live resin which is great :nod:.

I think live resin has more terpenes etc. saved so more entourage effect. Rosin probably a step up from live resin if made from primo material?
I thought that was accepted.
Rosin is made differently from live resin. They're just different product so fwiw I wouldn't necessarily think that one is more "primo" than the other... though many people are attracted to the healthy natural extraction process of rosin:leaf:. Rosin is simply what's extracted from normal (dry cured) cannabis material using pressure and heat. Live resin is a solvent based extract made from live cannabis plants that are frozen shortly after they are cut for harvest (IIRC butane based). Then there's live rosin too which is yet another variant :sherlock:.

Personally I feel a much more complete high from flower but it smells to high heaven and concentrates are just so damn convenient.
Flower gets me too high in certain daily situations too. I think the constituents you lose making concentrates makes a difference. But I am not trying loads of new products all the time so maybe others have better input
I too find flower much more full spectrum than concentrates :nod:. However, my concentrate experience is limited as well, and I've only sampled a low number of mid range products :shrug:. The premium concentrates available in some markets looks great... and certainly appear better than the product I've tried. I don't doubt that there's a wide range in quality and thus in the concentrate experience too... on top of all the different types of concentrates. All of which would complicate answering the OPs question.

The other thing is cannabis affects different people differently. There's a variety of different feedback here, all with merit :tup:. I look forward to more feedback and hearing from those with more experience :peace::leaf:.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I have a strong sativa live resin and a strong sativa shatter and fwiw I find the shatter more potent :shrug:

I find extracts made with cured material (rather than "live") to pack a stronger punch as well. While tasty, live resin gives a very cerebral high and sometimes that's not what I am looking for...

Personally I find the flower high to be much "heavier" - I don't prefer one over the other really. Different uses for different situations.

Mookie0608

To my understanding night and day difference. Dabs are like a narcotic I kind of want to do a dab one day I love my pain meds. Friends told me it’s like narcotic pain medications with an immediate body tingle and fuzzy warm ness. Dabs are all body high from what I heard and I know from personal use vaporizers are primarily head highs. I love my capes still but even my mighty is almost as bad as joints smell wise. The smell doesn’t go away within a minute-5 like some claim it lingers for a good 3-5 hours even if blown out the window so half the time I wind up smoking and getting the better high anyways. On my worst pain nights vaping just can not compare to smoking for me. It helps but smoking will do a better job at numbing the pain even more. I know I get the bad stuff but at the same when I need that relief it’s worth it. I enjoy vaping don’t get me wrong just smoking is king and probably always will be for certain conditions.

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom