• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

AJS

Calm Consistency
I finally (finally?) ran out of battery on this first io run, and of course I made note of it all.

First bowl was a dry session. Temp stepping all the way from 2.5-5.

Second bowl was a super rip. So a 3.5 primer just to heat it up, and a 3.5 long drawn super rip.

Third bowl was a cold start single ripper on 4.2.

Fourth bowl was a sesh through water starting at 3.5 and ending 5.

Fifth bowl was a J hook sesh. Rips on 2.5, 3.5, 4, 5.

Sixth bowl was a J Hook sesh. Rip on 1.5, 2.5, 3, 3.5, then low battery lights flickered and showed 3.7.

Of course clearing a bowl in 1 fat rip is going to be the most efficient use of the battery. I primarily will use this through water so I could see 6-7 bowl consistently. If using as a session vape, maybe 4 bowls consistently. I had a good mix here so difficult to tell what it could be.

Either way, clearly more efficient on the battery. And these aren't the final batteries, these are some older ones.

No flickering lights, backend stayed cool

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Quick Update:

Sorry I have been swamped with a ton of stuff this last week.

A small batch of batteries is complete and is being set to us. Shipping has been difficult because none of the flights out of CN/HK want to accept anything but medical goods right now (a good thing). We are in line to get them over here but it is taking longer than normal. Still should be enough time for the April shipping. We are ready to ship, just need the batteries.

Glad those with the io are enjoying it and giving feedback. We are listening.

img_8917.c682dd9362f5.jpeg

Tolamang

Quick Update:

A small batch of batteries is complete and is being set to us. Shipping has been difficult because none of the flights out of CN/HK want to accept anything but medical goods right now (a good thing). We are in line to get them over here but it is taking longer than normal. Still should be enough time for the April shipping. We are ready to ship, just need the batteries.

Thank you for the update! Just re ordered one!
Is there an option for us with older but solid batteries to receive IO's before the battery shipment? I wouldn't even mind paying extra shipping for the new batteries when they arrive.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Quick Update:

Fuuuuck yes! So hyped on these puppies.

IO has been great so far with what limited use I've put on it... definitely faster than my OG and I really can't get over the airflow improvements!

nice the new Batterys. hope you get more from these boxes of batterys ;)

knows anyoneif is the regular front end from the Hopper io the same as the one from the old Grasshopper?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
nice the new Batterys. hope you get more from these boxes of batterys ;)

knows anyoneif is the regular front end from the Hopper io the same as the one from the old Grasshopper?
We were told that the io front end will be slightly improved in insulating from heat, and also that the screen -while still removable - will be secured better. Interchangeable with og front end.
I want one to try on an og!

abcd5432

Quick Update:

When an item is "technically" a medical good but you let it go for the greater good. Lol

I also don't understand how it's possible to clear a bowl in one hit. Is the bowl small? I can't clear a bowl in 30+ minutes with a lot of vapes if I use projector light there is definitely still more bud. I'd have to use max temp and a massive draw which would lead to a ton of wasted bud and still tons of hits to go.

Maybe yall have stronger bigger lungs than me.

abcd5432,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
We were told that the io front end will be slightly improved in insulating from heat, and also that the screen -while still removable - will be secured better. Interchangeable with og front end.
I want one to try on an og!
From using it for a while now, now that you mention it, it does seem cooler than my purple Ti. I hadn’t really thought about that. Maybe the better airflow has something to do with it as well as a combination of better insulation. I can try the hopper IO on my OG Ti and let you know if notice any difference.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Maybe yall have stronger bigger lungs than me.
Stronger bigger lungs are only good if the heater is strong and big enough to keep up. It’s more about the small loads and quick extraction. I still feel the Grasshopper is the closest thing to a fully warmed up log vape that exists in the portable world. The io is on track to surpass the original hopper in this regard.

30 minutes for a bowl is session vape zone, we’re talking apples and oranges here. Or joints vs. bong rips at least. :2c:

Stonedbadger

I'm getting interested in one of these, how big is the bowl size? And any chances of a 420 sale??

Stonedbadger,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm getting interested in one of these, how big is the bowl size? And any chances of a 420 sale??
According to recent discussion here the bowl size is apparently somewhere between one and twelve hits - or so - depending on your style! Sorry, but idr the actual volume or weight capacity. It's relatively small as you might imagine. Good bud = 1 chamber. Mediocre bud = 2 or 3! It's pretty much a one person vape. Passing and back to back hits will make it hot real fast, and you'll refill it often. Wife and I each have our own :nod: even though I wind up doing almost all filling, charging, cleaning, etc. (she's very lucky to have this service!)

I can imagine a 420 sale though I doubt the io will be reduced. Lower price on Grasshoppers would not be a big surprise, but the big question mark will remain about battery availability. They've just received a small batch and will prioritize fulfillment of io pre-order and sales over anything else. So, while there may be a (og Grasshopper) sale price, I question whether there will be delivery in a timely manner.

Stonedbadger

According to recent discussion here the bowl size is apparently somewhere between one and twelve hits - or so - depending on your style! Sorry, but idr the actual volume or weight capacity. It's relatively small as you might imagine. Good bud = 1 chamber. Mediocre bud = 2 or 3! It's pretty much a one person vape. Passing and back to back hits will make it hot real fast, and you'll refill it often. Wife and I each have our own :nod: even though I wind up doing almost all filling, charging, cleaning, etc. (she's very lucky to have this service!)

I can imagine a 420 sale though I doubt the io will be reduced. Lower price on Grasshoppers would not be a big surprise, but the big question mark will remain about battery availability. They've just received a small batch and will prioritize fulfillment of io pre-order and sales over anything else. So, while there may be a (og Grasshopper) sale price, I question whether there will be delivery in a timely manner.

Thanks for your reply it was really helpful! I'm sure you're wife is lucky to have you!

Being new to the hopper world it seems like supplies of the batteries and there subsequent quality have been long standing issues.

Is it true that you can only use this vape with the hopper batteries?

I liked the idea of this vape but if you cant get batteries for it, well its kinda useless.

Stonedbadger,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for your reply it was really helpful! I'm sure you're wife is lucky to have you!

Being new to the hopper world it seems like supplies of the batteries and there subsequent quality have been long standing issues.

Is it true that you can only use this vape with the hopper batteries?

I liked the idea of this vape but if you cant get batteries for it, well its kinda useless.
The batteries are proprietary, so only these will power the Hoppers, except for a new aftermarket product in the works that will power from a wall outlet or external battery pack.
Battery availability has been poor for almost a year now, with one batch last year long delayed in China and then there was a fire at Hopper Labs that rendered that entire batch void (as a cautionary measure until fire investigation etc.). Now we've waited for the new batch which has just begun to trickled to HL.

My recommendations for purchase remain unchanged and one of them is don't purchase if this would be your only vape. They do work great, when working and properly powered.

ssrrosey

I ordered a hopper io SS. I hope I have not missed anything because of the 5 watts less for Titan.

i like ss better than titanium
Doubt you’ll notice any functional difference at all for 65 vs 70 watts, they just have the difference to help encourage upgrades to Ti. The OG’s got by fine with like 35 watts or whatever so both are substantial higher powered already

Hope this wasn’t supposed to be secret but I just was told in PM that there won’t be an iO sale. No information about the others but the phrasing seemed to imply there may be a sale on the OG’s and/or accessories

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Hope this wasn’t supposed to be secret but I just was told in PM that there won’t be an iO sale. No information about the others but the phrasing seemed to imply there may be a sale on the OG’s and/or accessories
That’s unfortunate but it makes sense. It would be a bit strange to launch a new product at a “sale” price. These days are tough and we all could use a break but this is a crucial launch for HL so I understand that position.

ssrrosey

That’s unfortunate but it makes sense. It would be a bit strange to launch a new product at a “sale” price. These days are tough and we all could use a break but this is a crucial launch for HL so I understand that position.
Same I wish it was and could really appreciate saving some money but long term I really want this company to succeed and know they must need cash rn so I’m not gonna complain too much about it

AJS

Calm Consistency
Shared this on IG but I think I forgot to here.
_________
Video
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-0srwrHVVY/?igshid=weuza35rezgl

I wanted to go as big as I could on this one. No cold starts here. I did a primer rip before and cranked it to 5 for the hit. I gave it a second or two to heat up as well. Vapor forms much faster after inhale and it gets real thick. This thick of vapor makes it raspy on the throat though for me so I’ll probably stick to a lower temp than 5 as it still milks great around 3.5 and there’s a better air to vapor ratio which keeps it smoother on the lungs but still thick enough to satisfy any cloud chaser.
Dry is a different story. Still harsh like the OG GH, but there are a few variables that have made a huge difference for me. I can get vapor with less effort on lower temps. So I can hover around 1.5-2.5, get solid clouds, and there’s cooler vapor. Then just finish off with 1 bigger rip around 3.5. The other variable is the easier airflow. I can pull a lot slower and still get vapor flowing. Every time I can manage to pull slower on a vape, it has been smoother for me, so this has helped a lot.

Top Bottom