• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@MoltenTiger, we appreciate your sacrifices in the interest science. Looks like it was a tough one! :p

I suppose the ultimate "weigh-in" might be before/after of cannabinoids like thc, etc., similar to the oh-so-exacting numbers we see these days on 'dispensary' type bud packaging. An efficiency quotient, if you will.
I hereby volunteer for the 'control' group.

Last month I gave away my trusty 45 yr old Ohaus triple beam balance scale (to a good home on a farm, no less!). Now there's no scale at all in my house!
Check that, we have one hand-held that will weigh your suitcase...

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Got my io tracking number!! :brow: :rockon:
Ooooo lets go!!! Hope you got enough flower :brow:

how many batteries did you get if i may ask? and / or do you know when you will get new ones?
I only ask because I am still thinking about ordering now or later someday
I don’t believe it’s the new batch from what they communicated with me. It’s an older battery that they are using just to test out the IO.

MoltenTiger

I suppose the ultimate "weigh-in" might be before/after of cannabinoids like thc, etc., similar to the oh-so-exacting numbers we see these days on 'dispensary' type bud packaging. An efficiency quotient, if you will.
I hereby volunteer for the 'control' group.

That would be much more telling as to if we're getting what we want out of the plant or not, but given that the salad I was testing with was made up of flower measured around 20% cannabinoids, it seems likely that most of the material displacement would be from them plus the terpenes and moisture content.

I did see about 2/3rds of the weight remain in the samples when I checked. 0.13g > ~0.09g and ~0.1g > ~0.06g

However without proper scales, the accuracy is quite moot.

It would be interesting to see one of these labs test a range of samples, vape them through various devices, and then measure the same resultant sample at the end for various constituents. I think I've seen something like this before, which perhaps showed the better vapes being about 80-90% efficient...

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
I did see about 2/3rds of the weight remain in the samples when I checked. 0.13g > ~0.09g and ~0.1g > ~0.06g

However without proper scales, the accuracy is quite moot.

I have a miligram scale and can confirm the numbers, same here.

Also did a THC potency reagent test (and an alpha-cat TLC test too) - the hopper is about 90% efficient with around 2-3% THC left in the AVB. It really depends on how you use the vape though.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have a miligram scale and can confirm the numbers, same here.

Also did a THC potency reagent test (and an alpha-cat TLC test too) - the hopper is about 90% efficient with around 2-3% THC left in the AVB. It really depends on how you use the vape though.
Thanks, very interesting. and helps to confirm the the Grasshopper kicks butt!

This begins to eclipse my pay grade, as they say, but a question comes to mind with, "left in the abv." Is it 2-3% by volume of remaining abv or is it 2-3% of the original measure of bud? I guess the other way to say it is that the % thc should be measured from equal amounts of bud/abv, no?
I suppose someone who has all that test stuff would know the difference...I don't mean to sound too rudimentary here.

Geez, we've come a heck of a long way from, "Is this Mexican, Colombian or Jamaican?"

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I wonder how the stay at home order is affecting Hopper Labs. From what I read people can still go to work and do most normal things.

guyonthecouch

I wonder how the stay at home order is affecting Hopper Labs. From what I read people can still go to work and do most normal things.
What are you wondering exactly? HL have been updating us that they're still working away everyday and waiting on new batteries to come in from China. Users above you just reported receiving a shipping confirmation for the io(before the est. april shipping date).

Keep on keeping on HL!! :rockon:

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
Thanks, very interesting. and helps to confirm the the Grasshopper kicks butt!

This begins to eclipse my pay grade, as they say, but a question comes to mind with, "left in the abv." Is it 2-3% by volume of remaining abv or is it 2-3% of the original measure of bud?

Good point :p. It was 2-3% of the total AVB weight, but I dont really kill my bowls, they are brown, not black, when there is no big cloud I just pack another one. So in reality my AVB is probably closer to 4-5% of original THC content, which also checks out with how potent edibles come out ;). But if I was to trully kill a bowl with 2-3 whispy hits at the end, that would probably be closer to my original estimate of 2-3%.

Without lab testing that's about as accurate as we can get with reagent test kits =)

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
What are you wondering exactly? HL have been updating us that they're still working away everyday and waiting on new batteries to come in from China. Users above you just reported receiving a shipping confirmation for the io(before the est. april shipping date).

Keep on keeping on HL!! :rockon:
Huh? Stay at home order just went into effect yesterday and they haven't posted since. Just wondering if they're still able to work or not. :tup:

Cheesequake,

guyonthecouch

From what I read people can still go to work and do most normal things.
Huh? Stay at home order just went into effect yesterday and they haven't posted since. Just wondering if they're still able to work or not. :tup:

I'm sure if HL can no longer work due to "stay at home" order they will inform us. Hopefully that is not the case.. it's early morning in Colorado. :chill:

Last edited:
guyonthecouch,

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We are still working. We remain on track and are awaiting batteries to start wider shipping.

I hope older batteries don’t give folks a bad impression of the IO.

Battery life will certainly be shorter as these batteries are from a batch years old. We gave everyone a warning about this. We did test the batteries to pick the best of the batch.

NOLOGO

I hope older batteries don’t give folks a bad impression of the IO.
I don't know how, but I still have around 4 good batteries. I admit I don't use my hopper daily anymore, but I did for around a year. Rotating batts must really be the key. Each of these four good ones only carries 25% of my total use. (I have like 8 more in storage that I'll test, but IIRC they're in storage for a reason lol)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Recent rma's I've had back have required me to beg HL for fresh batteries (even those years old ones), but they are new/old stock as they say. All the ones I had, while okay in older hoppers, were not strong enough to bring the 'repaired' Grasshoppers to initial temp.
My last two that have been serviced now heat up in 3-4 seconds to a setting just under temp 3. Older hoppers get set to 4 or higher, with these 3 is plenty.

Separate issue and this may or may not be pertinent for you guys getting the early io's.
I heartily encourage doing at least a couple of burn-offs and check for any irregular smells coming out of there.
I had a replacement Grasshopper body arrive that was full of grey crap and smelled really bad (solder?, idk?), ten or twenty burnoffs did not help, that was after swabbing everything with iso q-tips.
I was not intending to mention any of this, as HL agreed to send another one. That one arrived yesterday.
Very small amount of grey matter on the q-tip (seems to me there should not be any there...) and there's the same smell, just no quite so strong. I am committed to trying lots of burnoffs and even vaped a small bowl, but it's not ready for that yet, I will burn-off a lot more and keep trying.

This recent one heats in 3 seconds and has a very, very open draw -- I love it and really want it to work the issue out!

I honestly wish for all of you a great experience with the new hopper io, just throwing this caution out there, from my x2 recent experience.

slozukimc

I don't know how, but I still have around 4 good batteries. I admit I don't use my hopper daily anymore, but I did for around a year. Rotating batts must really be the key. Each of these four good ones only carries 25% of my total use. (I have like 8 more in storage that I'll test, but IIRC they're in storage for a reason lol)
Rotation helps a bunch. I have 5 batteries. One is good for maybe one good rip and then it is flashing red, the rest I get a bowl or two out of using it with the Orbiter. All of them are starting to flicker the blue lights more and more often.

Just picked up another Hopper that is coming with 4 lightly used batteries. Hopefully they have not diminished from lack of use. Can’t wait to find out.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I rotate 8 cells, its all you can do.
I now have 3 working Grasshoppers and 3 super good batteries (thanks HL). I don't rotate anything except the temp dials, front ends or the Grasshoppers themselves. Come to think of it, that's plenty!
After a bowl or two they go on the mag charger. This has been an easy regimen to follow.
Extra devices are the way to go! Let's hear it for redundancy!

I hope we don't get moved to Grasshopper thread, these batteries are the same for both products...

Top Bottom