hookin up bong to your PD stems

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
jawsh said:
DevoTheStrange said:
jawsh said:
OKAY... so what I have gathered from all this is:

14mm GONG joint is a 14mm glass on glass joint connector? Which I am assuming somehow fits into the tubing of a bong? If this is correct, where would one be able to obtain a 14mm GONG joint??

Also, you guys are using 14mm tubing to connect the stem to the GONG joint, right? And from what I see most of you are using tubing whips for other Vapes? One person said the VaporBrothers whip if I am not mistaken.

Anyways please correct me if I am wrong. I am not very good at creating things like this (which i must say most members on this site are very creative and have a lot of knowledge when it comes to building things!)

I wanna get a setup going like this ASAP so I want to know if I can get all this stuff @ my local head shop/home depot or if I'll have to order it online, etc etc.

Thanks a lot!
The 14mm GonG joint is the part of the bong that the downstem fits into. You don't just pick up a 14mm Gont Joint. Gotta pick up a Bong that has the 14mm size too hold the glass on glass downstem.
This 14mm part of the bong is what people are sticking their stems into. And for those using tubing they are fitting the tube over their stems, and fitting a GonG adapter into the other end so the tube mates with the bong.
Thanks for clearing that up for moi. You da man gonna grab me a bong. What kinda whips do can you use? Can you grab something from Home Depot (food grade) or does it have to be a 14mm whip for vaporizors?
From what I've heard silicon tubing is safer than food grade vinyl. But I'm not really sure. I'd like to hear any opposing opinions. I do know "regular"vinyl can be quite toxic in terms of fumes, so I am wary of using any vinyl.

So someone at the MZ thread said you can get silicon tubing at usplastic.com. Here's the link to their silicon tubing but I'm not sure which style to buy:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=799&parentcatid=856

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
MoeOnTheMoon said:
jawsh said:
DevoTheStrange said:
The 14mm GonG joint is the part of the bong that the downstem fits into. You don't just pick up a 14mm Gont Joint. Gotta pick up a Bong that has the 14mm size too hold the glass on glass downstem.
This 14mm part of the bong is what people are sticking their stems into. And for those using tubing they are fitting the tube over their stems, and fitting a GonG adapter into the other end so the tube mates with the bong.
Thanks for clearing that up for moi. You da man gonna grab me a bong. What kinda whips do can you use? Can you grab something from Home Depot (food grade) or does it have to be a 14mm whip for vaporizors?
From what I've heard silicon tubing is safer than food grade vinyl. But I'm not really sure. I'd like to hear any opposing opinions. I do know "regular"vinyl can be quite toxic in terms of fumes, so I am wary of using any vinyl.

So someone at the MZ thread said you can get silicon tubing at usplastic.com. Here's the link to their silicon tubing but I'm not sure which style to buy:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=799&parentcatid=856
Another place to try are homebrew stores they more times than not carry vinyl tubing (that is food grade approved) and even some that is rated for higher temperatures well above vape temps.
The only issue is you will have to convert Metric to Standard ;) (i.e. 14mm vs 3/8" id)
Good luck!

EDIT - I think I have some 3/8" silicon at home. Ill give this a shot when I get in. Im 97% sure this will be a nice fit.

AGBeer,
Top Bottom