• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

hookin up bong to your PD stems

jawsh

a lot of people talkin about hookin up bongs to their stems... how the hell do you do that? I've tried to figure it out and I just don't see how that works!

also, ne pics would also be useful... i'm a visual learner!

jawsh,

StickyShisha2

Purple-Days said:
t6yxpi.jpg
and i think they fit directly into a 14mm glass on glass

vape.jpg

StickyShisha2,

the electrician

Looks to me like hes taken out the bowl and put the tubing in the downstem with something in it to get a good seal going. I would vote to cut out the middle man an no use tubing, though this will make your set up less flexible. Any food grade tubing would do, its all available online if you look for replacements for whip based vaporizers. Or go down to whatever hardware sop is near you.

the electrician,

Ash

vaporist
The picture is of tubing connected to an adapter. There are several places to buy whip to 14mm GONG adapter. Some are straight, like in the photo, others are at a right angle. 7th floor sells an angled version.

However, unless you have an MZ or WDZ, I don't know why you'd use the tubing. The PD stems fit perfectly into a 14mm GONG joint. I'm not saying the MZ and WDZ stems don't, but I just don't have any experience with them. I just put my stem in the joint, then turn the PD upside down and connect to the stem.

The whip rig seems like it would make it more difficult to pack the stem. I also like to hold my PD at an angle so I don't have to worry about herb falling out (I pack pretty loose), which would be difficut with the whip setup. :2c:

Ash,

aero18

vaporist
jawsh said:
What's a 14mm GONG joint?
A 14 mm glass on glass joint is where the stem connects to the bong. The size is the diameter of the connection.

aero18,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
The Purple Days / Roor.de Little Sista picture posted is my setup.

It uses Silver Surfer whip tubing and a 14mm Vaporbrothers H20 GG adaptor.

However, unless you have an MZ or WDZ, I don't know why you'd use the tubing. The PD stems fit perfectly into a 14mm GONG joint. I'm not saying the MZ and WDZ stems don't, but I just don't have any experience with them. I just put my stem in the joint, then turn the PD upside down and connect to the stem.
The ENTIRE point of my setup was to eliminate the upside down PD, no more, no less... what followed though was far better then expected. I get 3-5 hits per PD bowl, I didn't want to continually pick up the PD (which is a relatively large/cumbersome object while blazed), turn it upside down and rest it upon a somewhat fragile GG joint. With this setup, I simply put the stem in and then inhale/pull the GG out to clear for each hit.

It's very effortless, I wouldn't want it any other way.

The whip rig seems like it would make it more difficult to pack the stem. I also like to hold my PD at an angle so I don't have to worry about herb falling out (I pack pretty loose), which would be difficut with the whip setup. 2c
It's very easy to pack the stem, EXACTLY the same as normal. Just stick the GG adaptor in your mouth, suck and vaccum it up... doesn't require any extra effort, IMO it's easier (don't even need to bend your neck down).

As covered in other threads, I'm of the PD camp that overpacks their bowls... I do the straw suck method, overflow the bowl, then tightly pack with my fingertip. Close to zero material falls down into the HE using this setup with the stems vertical, complete non-issue.

Note: In NO way does the extra tubing or large bong affect the high... that was my biggest worry over the longterm... these setups absolutely RIP and produce very large vapor clouds, no loss of potency.

Chubba,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
LOL the penny has finally dropped here. Ive been using the 100ml EHLE for a few days and have been putting the PD tube into the bowl and been wondering why it was loose. Now I've just realised you have to take the bowl off and use the thing that the bowl goes in. I know nothing about bongs heh.

Now it fits perfectly, can't wait to try it again (because i did actually manage to get some sort of a seal using the bowl)..but it's 8.00 am....too early heh...or maybe not...:brow:

Edit: wow that is a good fit, now i see what everyone was talking about :lol:

Happycamper,

mnmlh

I'll be pulling the trigger on a glass setup today. Was going to see if I could find a GonG bubbler since it would be even easier and fool proof than a bong, but so far, the EHLE 100ml has my name on it. I will just be taking a hack saw to one of my stems, and then will round it off with some sand paper a little bit.

At this point, all I need to do is decide on some tubing. I like the surgical grade silicon stuff, but the price for the minimum 10 ft. order from usplastic.com is too prohibitive. What would be the next best thing to use, and where to get it from? And for reference, the MZ/AZ stems sold prior to January 2010, have a 1/2" OD. This is information gleaned from Rick about his "old" stems. I think there are newer ones he is shipping out (might be temporary) now that have different dimensions. I've measured and confirmed the 1/2" one though.

mnmlh,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Chubba said:
The Purple Days / Roor.de Little Sista picture posted is my setup.

It uses Silver Surfer whip tubing and a 14mm Vaporbrothers H20 GG adaptor.
This is exactly what I researched and found was the best way to connect my Myrtlezap to my bong. I already have the bong and currently just hold the MZ stem right on the glass gong. But I'm going to get the tubing and Vapor Bros. adaptor to do it like in the photo.

I can attest that the vapor through water does not seem to make any noticeable difference and even if it did, I'd still do it, as it's sooooo much nicer. Moist, cool vapor and BIG hits!

MoeOnTheMoon,

Ash

vaporist
Chubba, you must either pack your stems tighter than i do or have much stickier weed, because if I put my stem in the PD vertically, I get a pd full of herb.

Ash,

aero18

vaporist
Is it difficult to use the shorter stems on GONG connections when you are really blazed? Do people find themselves missing the heating unit when they put the device onto the stem?

aero18,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Maybe try putting the stem into the heat exchanger first, holding the unit upside down with your thumb/index finger/middle finger around the unit while putting slight pressure against the side of the stem with your pinky/ring finger, and then putting in in the slide.

This approach also allows one to pull the stem out of the GonG joint while still attached to the unit.

Progress,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Chubba, you must either pack your stems tighter than i do or have much stickier weed, because if I put my stem in the PD vertically, I get a pd full of herb.
They're quite tight... but yeah, basically zero bud falls down... I give the PD a spank every session and it's a complete non-issue, maybe 1-2% of bud falling down MAX.

The only time bud will fall out is on the first hit, all subsequent hits and it's locked into place and going nowhere.

Chubba,

jawsh

OKAY... so what I have gathered from all this is:

14mm GONG joint is a 14mm glass on glass joint connector? Which I am assuming somehow fits into the tubing of a bong? If this is correct, where would one be able to obtain a 14mm GONG joint??

Also, you guys are using 14mm tubing to connect the stem to the GONG joint, right? And from what I see most of you are using tubing whips for other Vapes? One person said the VaporBrothers whip if I am not mistaken.

Anyways please correct me if I am wrong. I am not very good at creating things like this (which i must say most members on this site are very creative and have a lot of knowledge when it comes to building things!)

I wanna get a setup going like this ASAP so I want to know if I can get all this stuff @ my local head shop/home depot or if I'll have to order it online, etc etc.

Thanks a lot!

jawsh,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
jawsh said:

14mm GONG joint is a 14mm glass on glass joint connector? Which I am assuming somehow fits into the tubing of a bong? If this is correct, where would one be able to obtain a 14mm GONG joint??

Also, you guys are using 14mm tubing to connect the stem to the GONG joint, right? And from what I see most of you are using tubing whips for other Vapes? One person said the VaporBrothers whip if I am not mistaken.

Anyways please correct me if I am wrong. I am not very good at creating things like this (which i must say most members on this site are very creative and have a lot of knowledge when it comes to building things!)

I wanna get a setup going like this ASAP so I want to know if I can get all this stuff @ my local head shop/home depot or if I'll have to order it online, etc etc.

Thanks a lot!
The 14mm GonG joint is the part of the bong that the downstem fits into. You don't just pick up a 14mm Gont Joint. Gotta pick up a Bong that has the 14mm size too hold the glass on glass downstem.
This 14mm part of the bong is what people are sticking their stems into. And for those using tubing they are fitting the tube over their stems, and fitting a GonG adapter into the other end so the tube mates with the bong.

DevoTheStrange,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Ash said:
The picture is of tubing connected to an adapter. There are several places to buy whip to 14mm GONG adapter. Some are straight, like in the photo, others are at a right angle. 7th floor sells an angled version.

The whip rig seems like it would make it more difficult to pack the stem. I also like to hold my PD at an angle so I don't have to worry about herb falling out (I pack pretty loose), which would be difficut with the whip setup. :2c:
Yes, this works fine with the MZ.
However it seems to be a better idea to run the tubing between the two.

MoeOnTheMoon,

jawsh

DevoTheStrange said:
jawsh said:

Thanks a lot!
The 14mm GonG joint is the part of the bong that the downstem fits into. You don't just pick up a 14mm Gont Joint. Gotta pick up a Bong that has the 14mm size too hold the glass on glass downstem.
This 14mm part of the bong is what people are sticking their stems into. And for those using tubing they are fitting the tube over their stems, and fitting a GonG adapter into the other end so the tube mates with the bong.
Thanks for clearing that up for moi. You da man gonna grab me a bong. What kinda whips do can you use? Can you grab something from Home Depot (food grade) or does it have to be a 14mm whip for vaporizors?

jawsh,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
For me, I do not use a whip set up. I just put the PD stem into the downstem from the bong. PD stems fit nicely into the bong on their own if it is a 14mm GonG size bong. I don't see the need for extra tubing. But that is my personal preference.

DevoTheStrange,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I was also thinking about this. My glass is 18mm and I have a 18mm vaporbros h20 adapter, has anyone tried vaporbros tubing to connect the two?

wowthisisrandom,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I was also thinking about this. My glass is 18mm and I have a 18mm vaporbros h20 adapter, has anyone tried vaporbros tubing to connect the two?
I don't think Vaporbrothers tubing would be a different size to 7th floor, should work perfect, connect it up and enjoy :D

My next setup I'm going to get an 18.8mm bong and adaptor, stronger airflow can only mean better things.

Chubba,
Top Bottom