Honey Bucket Carb Caps

tennstrong

Last edited:
tennstrong,

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
The bangers I ordered from Kathy are awesome. Thickest quartz I've gotten. So far and the bucket is huge. Massive bucket. Its awesome

I have a real ofz cap coming in and now I don't even know if I'll ever go back to the honey bucket

tennstrong

Can someone in detail explain to me where exactly the ofz stem should end up in the honey bucket? I understand it should be near/almost touching the bottom of the cup, but the diameters should nearly match as well correct? (to allow for less air contact to the material) What other factors come into play with the buckets you guys are looking for, it would really help me help all of you guys out. That hymen connect was a shot in the dark (will wait and see re: QC), but I'm still down to look and help other users out, I'm just confused on where exactly you'd like the ofz stem to place for optimal flavor. For example some buckets are actually flared to allow for the bucket so nailing down the main factors and what people want from their bucket is quite beneficial.
Burning+Snow+Web+photo-58.jpg

tennstrong,

BoogerMan

Just to report back, the $50 honey buckets that CFAB was selling had no restriction on airflow and is pretty much unusable on my current pieces. Supposedly he's releasing a $60 improved one soon.
Why is it unusable?

BoogerMan,

Monsoon

Why is it unusable?
Almost no restriction in the bowl so when you take a hit with the bucket on it's as if there was nothing on there at all. All my pieces function better with more air resistance than that. Adding the carb cap on top doesn't make a huge difference either.

Oglop

@Monsoon try placing a glass nail under the quartz swing to add more restriction. I just did this with mine and it hits way better with the glass nail in there.

BoogerMan

Almost no restriction in the bowl so when you take a hit with the bucket on it's as if there was nothing on there at all. All my pieces function better with more air resistance than that. Adding the carb cap on top doesn't make a huge difference either.

Gotcha!

I guess I like my nails to have larger or more holes so that there is less restriction (the opposite of what you like). But thats just my preference I guess.

However, I'm not sure if any honey bucket will have the restriction you are looking for? Then again I am new to honey buckets so I could be very wrong. I have a honey bucket from Bake Bros (almost the exact same as the CFAB one but with a slightly smaller dome hole opening) that I use that also has zero restriction. Even when I use the Bake Bros bucket with the CFAB carb cap it still has little restriction. The CFAB carb cap does add some restriction when using it with the Bake Bros bucket because it actually fits better on the Bake Bros bucket than it does on the CFAB bucket lol :rofl:Kinda funny since the cap was made for the CFAB bucket :doh:

I am excited to compare this setup to my Joda bucket and cap that should be done soon in the future :D

Are you thinking about picking up one of the new versions of the $60 bucket from CFAB?

@Oglop great idea! I have a 14mm male joint bucket and I just stuck a small 10mm glass nail in the joint and it definitely added some restriction.

My Joda bucket is a 14mm female so I will try adding a 14mm glass nail to that one if it doesn't have any restriction too.

BoogerMan,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Monsoon

Gotcha!
Are you thinking about picking up one of the new versions of the $60 bucket from CFAB?

Nah, it was more of a novelty thing for me and I've had my fill. If I did get another one it would be made by Joda.

@Monsoon try placing a glass nail under the quartz swing to add more restriction. I just did this with mine and it hits way better with the glass nail in there.

That did work, thanks! Would probably get gunked up quickly but this way I'll at least get some use out of it.

BoogerMan

Nah, it was more of a novelty thing for me and I've had my fill. If I did get another one it would be made by Joda.

That did work, thanks! Would probably get gunked up quickly but this way I'll at least get some use out of it.

Yeah it probably will get gunked up quickly but it is probably easier to clean the nail compared to cleaning your whole rig :D Glad you are going to get some use out of it now!

BoogerMan

Mothership buckets + OFZ have a pretty decent amount of restriction and work really well in the MS pieces I've tried. (Eggs, beakers, minis)

Oh yeah I'm sure those kick ass. Thanks for the input! I always wondered how well they worked. I mean they freaking better work great for the $300-$500 price tag lol! Hard to compare perfection to a $50 china made bucket and cap though. I guess the you get what you pay for still applies.

I am hoping Joda's is just as good or close to as good as the MS and OFZ setup. And for $75 for a clear bucket and clear cap it is hard to go wrong, especially when supporting a fellow member :D

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
After trying the Quave Club Banger (Very similarly shaped piece of quartz compared to the swingarm of a mothership bucket- No surprise there as Quave was one of the original Mothership crew - I'm no longer lusting after a honey bucket quite as much. You can instantly change the draw on a club banger with a flat piece of glass or a marble. Really neat.

SamuraiSam,
Reactions: BoogerMan

BoogerMan

Yeah I love bangers too.

Especially with this Low Temp Top cap/dabber. Coolest dabber I have purchased. Has a flat side to perfectly fit bangers and then a normal round side to fit all normal domeless nails. It works awesome and the cap is large enough to perfectly fit the Hive ceramic nails :D

http://stayhighlaylow.bigcartel.com/product/low-temp-top-v2

I'm tempted to try and leave the swing bucket slightly out of the dome and try to cap it with the flat side of the Low Temp Top cap. I don't think I would lose any vapor as long as the slit on the back of the bucket is still sorta inside the dome or close enough to the dome that the vapor will still get sucked into the dome :)

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Mothership
Yeah I love bangers too.

Especially with this Low Temp Top cap/dabber. Coolest dabber I have purchased. Has a flat side to perfectly fit bangers and then a normal round side to fit all normal domeless nails. It works awesome and the cap is large enough to perfectly fit the Hive ceramic nails :D

http://stayhighlaylow.bigcartel.com/product/low-temp-top-v2

I'm tempted to try and leave the swing bucket slightly out of the dome and try to cap it with the flat side of the Low Temp Top cap. I don't think I would lose any vapor as long as the slit on the back of the bucket is still sorta inside the dome or close enough to the dome that the vapor will still get sucked into the dome :)
It works, just not as well as an OFZ style cap.
http://instagram.com/p/xGz9p1Bu_i/

Deadshort480,
Reactions: BoogerMan

Erwin

CFAB has their "new and improved" honey buckets with caps available... I'm tempted, just to tide me over till my JoDa one gets here. Anyone else considering being test monkeys for the new batch with me? I've written to them and asked what improvements they've made, as I don't want to end up with one like the one @Monsoon got. I'll report back if/when they get back to me...

BoogerMan

CFAB has their "new and improved" honey buckets with caps available... I'm tempted, just to tide me over till my JoDa one gets here. Anyone else considering being test monkeys for the new batch with me? I've written to them and asked what improvements they've made, as I don't want to end up with one like the one @Monsoon got. I'll report back if/when they get back to me...

I just watched a video on IG of the new version.

It looks like the improvement is that the cap makes a better seal on the dome and doesn't slide off like the first version.

I bought a bucket from bake bros and a bucket/cap from CFAB.

The dome from bake bros is wayyyy thicker than the dome from CFAB. It's hard to tell if the new CFAB dome is any thicker but the first version feels super thin IMO.

Both cups were about the same thickness but the arm on the swing from CFAB was thicker than that of Bake Bros.

The weld that holds the tube on the back of the dome was also much thinner on the CFAB. The Bake Bros bucket was overall much thicker and better made. The new CFAB version does look like the weld on the back may be thicker but that also could be just the best bucket he picked out for the pic.

The old version cap from CFAB works nicely with my bake bros bucket :) which is funny since the cap was made for the CFAB bucket lol. Go figure.

I also just want to mention that pics and vids can be deceiving. I thought the version 1 CFAB bucket and cap fit nicely and looked fairly thick. However, I was pretty disappointed in the quality of the dome and the fitting of the cap. I probably won't be ordering from this seller again.

I would be a test monkey for the new version despite the fact that I didn't have a positive experience with my first order from this seller (everyone deserves a second chance) but I got one coming from Joda that I know will function properly, have a good seal, and will be thick good quality guaranteed. @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd definitely takes care of us FC members. I also just got an e-nail so torch style nails aren't on my to buy list anymore at the moment.

Last edited:

Erwin

I just watched a video on IG of the new version.

It looks like the improvement is that the cap makes a better seal on the dome and doesn't slide off like the first version.

I bought a bucket from bake bros and a bucket/cap from CFAB.

The dome from bake bros is wayyyy thicker than the dome from CFAB. It's hard to tell if the new CFAB dome is any thicker but the first version feels super thin IMO.

Both cups were about the same thickness but the arm on the swing from CFAB was thicker than that of Bake Bros.

The weld that holds the tube on the back of the dome was also much thinner on the CFAB. The Bake Bros bucket was overall much thicker and better made. The new CFAB version does look like the weld on the back may be thicker but that also could be just the best bucket he picked out for the pic.

The old version cap from CFAB works nicely with my bake bros bucket :) which is funny since the cap was made for the CFAB bucket lol. Go figure.

I also just want to mention that pics and vids can be deceiving. I thought the version 1 CFAB bucket and cap fit nicely and looked fairly thick. However, I was pretty disappointed in the quality of the dome and the fitting of the cap. I probably won't be ordering from this seller again.

I would be a test monkey for the new version despite the fact that I didn't have a positive experience with my first order from this seller (everyone deserves a second chance) but I got one coming from Joda that I know will function properly, have a good seal, and will be thick good quality guaranteed. @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd definitely takes care of us FC members. I also just got an e-nail so torch style nails aren't on my to buy list anymore at the moment.
All good to know. Do you have a link to that video? It seems like a lot to get a bowl from Bake Bros and a cap from CFAB, but CFAB does sell just the cap for 15 bucks...

Either way I've also got one from Joda coming, so I don't really care if this one works perfectly or not. Just venting my GAS while I wait for Joda awesome-ness... Plus cheapo clear buckets and things can always be put on my lesser rigs. (What the hell has FC done to me?? :doh::D)

How universal of a fit would you say your CFAB cap is, if I were to pick that up but not their bucket? Obviously it fits both the buckets you've gotten...

EDIT: CFAB already wrote me back regarding the improvements made to the buckets. They said: "it has been redesigned a little bit stronger repackaged for safer shipping caps made stronger and better seal on cap."

BoogerMan

All good to know. Do you have a link to that video? It seems like a lot to get a bowl from Bake Bros and a cap from CFAB, but CFAB does sell just the cap for 15 bucks...

Either way I've also got one from Joda coming, so I don't really care if this one works perfectly or not. Just venting my GAS while I wait for Joda awesome-ness... Plus cheapo clear buckets and things can always be put on my lesser rigs. (What the hell has FC done to me?? :doh::D)

How universal of a fit would you say your CFAB cap is, if I were to pick that up but not their bucket? Obviously it fits both the buckets you've gotten...
Here Is the vid of the new CFAB one:
http://instagram.com/p/yIxsSkmYy5/

Yeah the cap seems fairly universal. I am hoping it fits with my Joda bucket too but if not I'm not too worried about it because I got a cap coming from Joda too :)

The inner diameter of my cap is about 25.5mm and outer diameter is about 32mm (I got one of those cheap digital measuring calipers from Amazon lol).

My bake bros dome opening inner diameter is about 21.75mm and the outter diameter including the "lip" around the top of the dome is about 30mm.

My CFAB dome opening inner diameter is about 21.75mm and the outer diameter including the lip is about 29mm.

So the two really aren't much different. Idk why but the cap definitely works better on the bake bros bucket (maybe the lip on the top of the bake bros dome is more flat and even compared to the CFAB dome so the cap is able to sit more steadily on it bake bros bucket).

Also both ones I have are 14mm male. So I did a weight comparison with the swings removed. The CFAB is 17.7g and the bake bros is 28.25g. Pretty damn big difference for being a similar size dome :/

Here are some pics of the two.

Bake bros on left. CFAB on right:
48766FED-59FA-4406-A000-B0C864054D32_zpsigy9gtay.jpg

342796DF-2B66-498E-8EF2-CDFAB436D035_zpsmzndzoww.jpg

You can see the thickness difference in the weld and the tube that holds the swing
B6FFBA79-BE4E-4021-88B2-98D21F1074BB_zpsehzswzgt.jpg

Also check out the swing placement. Bake bros is 90 degrees and well the CFAB one isn't lol
742CFF5B-3533-41C2-AC75-EED040AA36E5_zpsdjyn0c7v.jpg

CEFFBB93-B783-4F7E-AEBD-91832102DB7C_zpsafetn6f4.jpg

Oh I also wanted to note that I cannot swap the Quartz swings. The CFAB one is too long and overshoots the Bake Bros dome. So I am not sure which swing is more universal.

I know bake bros sells stuff made in China at a mark up price but if I were to order another one from only these two sellers I would go with the bake bros one anyday (but I would order a Joda one over both of these). Just sucks bake bros doesn't offer a cap.

Last edited:

Erwin

Here are the vids:

Yeah the cap seems fairly universal. I am hoping it fits with my Joda bucket too but if not I'm not too worried about it because I got a cap coming from Joda too :)

The inner diameter of my cap is about 25.5mm and outer diameter is about 32mm (I got one of those cheap digital measuring calipers from Amazon lol).

My bake bros dome opening inner diameter is about 21.75mm and the outter diameter including the "lip" around the top of the dome is about 30mm.

My CFAB dome opening inner diameter is about 21.75mm and the outer diameter including the lip is about 29mm.

So the two really aren't much different. Idk why but the cap definitely works better on the bake bros bucket (maybe the lip on the top of the bake bros dome is more flat and even compared to the CFAB dome so the cap is able to sit more steadily on it bake bros bucket).

Also both ones I have are 14mm male. So I did a weight comparison with the swings removed. The CFAB is 17.7g and the bake bros is 28.25g. Pretty damn big difference for being a similar size dome :/

Here are some pics of the two.

Bake bros on left. CFAB on right:
48766FED-59FA-4406-A000-B0C864054D32_zpsigy9gtay.jpg

342796DF-2B66-498E-8EF2-CDFAB436D035_zpsmzndzoww.jpg

You can see the thickness difference in the weld and the tube that holds the swing
B6FFBA79-BE4E-4021-88B2-98D21F1074BB_zpsehzswzgt.jpg

Also check out the swing placement. Bake bros is 90 degrees and well the CFAB one isn't lol
742CFF5B-3533-41C2-AC75-EED040AA36E5_zpsdjyn0c7v.jpg

CEFFBB93-B783-4F7E-AEBD-91832102DB7C_zpsafetn6f4.jpg
Awesome. Thanks so much for all the pics. However the videos didn't load...

Might pick up a cap just on spec... Although I might just get the Low Temp Top and let it tide me over till my Joda bucket. If I end up doing anything exciting I'll of course report back.

Top Bottom