Honey Bucket Carb Caps

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
I need an OFZ carb cap or similar one to perfectly fit my honeybucket. Any glassblowers out there that make these cheap? I need it to perfectly seal the homeybucket though.

grdwaste,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Even the OFZ caps on the MS buckets don't create a perfect seal. Air will always enter from around where the swing lowers. Also, on the inexpensive Chinese buckets the top is rounded off and not flattened out and lapped which is what creates the better seal with MS and OFZ. What is more important is covering most of the top and having the air injection port line up properly within the Quartz bucket.

Just remember that these pieces are not inexpensive. The bucket you got may have been inexpensive, but it's Chinese made and there's a reason it didn't come with a cap, they're a pain in the ass to make. If you can find a cap for around $65-$75 that's pretty good.

Try contacting Swamp Glass through Instagram. I'm not saying she's got any spare caps, but it never hurts to ask and her prices are reasonable.

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
Absol
Even the OFZ caps on the MS buckets don't create a perfect seal. Air will always enter from around where the swing lowers. Also, on the inexpensive Chinese buckets the top is rounded off and not flattened out and lapped which is what creates the better seal with MS and OFZ. What is more important is covering most of the top and having the air injection port line up properly within the Quartz bucket.

Just remember that these pieces are not inexpensive. The bucket you got may have been inexpensive, but it's Chinese made and there's a reason it didn't come with a cap, they're a pain in the ass to make. If you can find a cap for around $65-$75 that's pretty good.

Try contacting Swamp Glass through Instagram. I'm not saying she's got any spare caps, but it never hurts to ask and her prices are reasonable.
thanks so much. This is exactly the information I needed. I'll message them and get a quote.

grdwaste,

grdwaste

Glass Psycho

Bought an OFZ mother ship carb cap for $65 with shipping!

grdwaste,

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
@Deadshort480 No :( I got lucky with the last one they have in stock and had to put a down payment from overseas haha till I get back for them to hold it! They seem to get mother ship worked buckets in often though.

FYI I also messaged swamp glass regarding the cap and she only sells to retail shops now. Just what I was told

Last edited by a moderator:
grdwaste,

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
This is quite unfortunate. Great score on that cap.
Good for them though I guess. And thanks I'm really excited to get back to the states now! Got dhgate orders coming in and this haha.

I'm so relieved I got one. Does the ofz style carb cap make that big of a difference? I just have never used a cap on a honey bucket. Only used one on a ti nail.

grdwaste,

tennstrong

Have you tried asking glassblowers/V&C about making a normal style glass carb cap with a flare on one side for the hook? I swear I have seen them on chinese vendors sites and thinking to myself that would be what I would get with a honey bucket.
I can understand that the way/form of the OFZ caps are unique and difficult as a result, but something as simple as a marble with a glass bit drilled hole (if you really want air flow control) and punched in on one side slightly (to make up for the swing) could fit the bill and cap the bucket. I'm just trying to get together ideas for alternatives to the difficult/expensive ofz design. I know for example marbles work great for a banger style nail. (don't need the angled cap, although JoDa don't hold your breath haha I might be spoiled by my pukinbeagle dabber w/ my normal drip tip enail, and when my enail banger arrives I may be turning to you for a dabber I can also finger cap)
Edit: last resort I'd say find someone with a titanium factory, send them the OFZ dimensions and make $$$

Deadshort480

Have you tried asking glassblowers/V&C about making a normal style glass carb cap with a flare on one side for the hook? I swear I have seen them on chinese vendors sites and thinking to myself that would be what I would get with a honey bucket.
I can understand that the way/form of the OFZ caps are unique and difficult as a result, but something as simple as a marble with a glass bit drilled hole (if you really want air flow control) and punched in on one side slightly (to make up for the swing) could fit the bill and cap the bucket. I'm just trying to get together ideas for alternatives to the difficult/expensive ofz design. I know for example marbles work great for a banger style nail. (don't need the angled cap, although JoDa don't hold your breath haha I might be spoiled by my pukinbeagle dabber w/ my normal drip tip enail, and when my enail banger arrives I may be turning to you for a dabber I can also finger cap)
Edit: last resort I'd say find someone with a titanium factory, send them the OFZ dimensions and make $$$
I've tried a bunch of different methods to cap a bucket, including the methods you've mentioned, unfortunately nothing works like the OFZ style cap. Unless the Quartz is too hot the oil always puddles.

tennstrong

Hate to cut into your biz at all V&C, but I've sent a message to the maker of the chinese MS knockoff buckets asking if they are able to make the OFZ knockoffs, I'll get back to you guys when I get a response. I've been in communication with them for a couple months now so it shouldn't be long to respond.

tennstrong

So I heard back and they say they have the caps + buckets. I asked for a pic of the cap just now. Let me know the demand for these as I could place an order, but im not looking to profit off of fellow FCers. I am glad to post up a different thread or poll to get numbers, but this is what you're looking for (and quartz). Price will be most definitely reasonable (25 max and I'm talking intl ship, probably closer to 15/20), but varies based on demand.
Edit: Pic: http://imgur.com/71izVL3

Last edited:

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
So I heard back and they say they have the caps + buckets. I asked for a pic of the cap just now. Let me know the demand for these as I could place an order, but im not looking to profit off of fellow FCers. I am glad to post up a different thread or poll to get numbers, but this is what you're looking for (and quartz). Price will be most definitely reasonable (25 max and I'm talking intl ship, probably closer to 15/20), but varies based on demand.

I may get one of these too. Can you ask for more pics? The quartz bucket has to be thick to retain the heat. Hopefully it's actually a quartz swing because that's crazy cheap for the bucket, swing, and cap.

Good job communicating and finding these too! Thanks :ko:

I also just looked at that pic and it doesn't seem like there's any O-rings for the swing. Maybe they looked over that.

Last edited:

Monsoon

That price is insane! I'd probably be down for a couple pending more pics and input from our resident honey bucket experts :science:. Do you know what joint options might be available?

tennstrong

All they do is quartz so yes, that is all quartz. For bucket sizes options vary 14/18 mm male or female, and it will be cheaper to buy bucket + ofz knockoff cap together (and still very cheap) than to buy each separately due to the nature of how they sell them.
Edit: is the o-ring you are talking of the separation from the top? See this pic and if it is what you are asking about.
KD6a8hH.jpg

http://imgur.com/KD6a8hH

tennstrong,

Deadshort480

From this picture, it does not appear the stem leading into the Quartz bucket is long enough. That air injection stem needs to sit even with or below the slit in the quartz bucket.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
All they do is quartz so yes, that is all quartz. For bucket sizes options vary 14/18 mm male or female, and it will be cheaper to buy bucket + ofz knockoff cap together (and still very cheap) than to buy each separately due to the nature of how they sell them.
Edit: is the o-ring you are talking of the separation from the top? See this pic and if it is what you are asking about.
KD6a8hH.jpg

http://imgur.com/KD6a8hH
No. The O-Rings go where whe r you attach the quartz swing to the bucket to allow it to stando in any position. Like this . The one that she sent you doesn't have O-Rings so i don't understand how you could properly heat it and drop it into the bucket.
KWbeOrn.jpg

Very nice. Do you know if they had any colored ones?
The guy I bought the OFZ cap said he's not making amother MS order for a little while but said I can give him my number for an update on when they will be placing another order and if I want anything special in the order. Awesome customer service from this head shop. I can shoot you his instagram if you want to get on the list or just inform you when he let's me know and merry christmas man! Hope you and the family have a good one

grdwaste,
Reactions: Aaron

Deadshort480

The guy I bought the OFZ cap said he's not making amother MS order for a little while but said I can give him my number for an update on when they will be placing another order and if I want anything special in the order. Awesome customer service from this head shop. I can shoot you his instagram if you want to get on the list or just inform you when he let's me know and merryou chars tags man! Hope you and the family have a good one
I was just thinking if they had a red one available at the time, I woulda snagged it. Thank you though. Have a very Merry Christmas, man. Be safe.

Deadshort480,

tennstrong

No. The O-Rings go where whe r you attach the quartz swing to the bucket to allow it to stando in any position. Like this . The one that she sent you doesn't have O-Rings so i don't understand how you could properly heat it and drop it into the bucket.
KWbeOrn.jpg
I inquired if they use any other method as you seem to be right in this aspect; however, regardless of if you are heating the bucket handsfree or not you will need to hold on to the lever attached to the bucket at some point right? The quartz dissipation of heat is really high (can hold my enail at full temp quartz 18mm female with it being cool/slightly warm to the touch) so I doubt it will be very warm at all at the "handle" of the quartz bucket (especially since you are heating for such a short time comparative to enail), and if it were you'd be burning your hands touching the handle to put the bucket in position. So I would assume that without another form of "stabilizer" to hold the bucket in position you would simply hold the handle. I'm not a rep or anything for the company, just trying to help out fellow FCers when I saw this thread and knew my connections.

tennstrong,

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
I inquired if they use any other method as you seem to be right in this aspect; however, regardless of if you are heating the bucket handsfree or not you will need to hold on to the lever attached to the bucket at some point right? The quartz dissipation of heat is really high so I doubt it will be very warm at all at the "handle" of the quartz bucket, and if it were you'd be burning your hands touching the handle to put the bucket in position. So I would assume that without another form of "stabilizer" to hold the bucket in position you would simply hold the handle. I'm not a rep or anything for the company, just trying to help out fellow FCers when I saw this thread and knew my connections.
Totally understand. Still a good scoop I guess for the money but I like to heat my bucket without holding the swing upright and that would explain a deal breaker for me. Just explaining my personal opinion but I'm sure it would work just fine for people.

grdwaste,
Top Bottom