Homemade Vaporizers

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
The lab glass vape survived its first party!

Hy35942.jpg

I added a handle to the vaporizer (aka a 24/40 drying adapter). At some point a cotton ball will be in the round part of the handle to filter air and create drag. The handle also allows for more beads and prevents them from spilling out. I was able to double up the beads yo!

The vape did its job at the party. The only downside was asking people to wait until the vape got back up to temp. If people hit it very hard it could take a minute to warm back up. Hit it slow and wait 20 seconds. When the outside glass at the center is 300°F you can get a nice thick hit. A small bowls worth will give about 3 hits. Every person that tried it remarked about the flavor being strong. It became clear right away that I need to get a pid temperature controller though. I don't want to wait if I don't have to. I knew this would be an issue, but seeing it happen is a different thing.

I am on the hunt now for a thermometer that will be small enough to fit inside the glass tube with the heater. I found a few but they cost twice as much as my heater. The thermometer and pid controller will put this vape into the $160-$180 range if my math is right. We are around $130 now and that includes the Chinese bubbler. I also want a stainless wire so this thing might be $200 when done.

One last thing I noticed at the party is that the bowl that holds the vape was more popular than the bowl that requires you to hold the vape. Having a hand free and not having to manage a hot item while you savor your hit is a plus. I almost purchased a glass vape that makes you hold it over the bowl and I am glad I did not.

Hopefully I will find a nice pid and thermometer and make them work. At the party I had the idea that a pid would let me use the vape in a hookah.

xRUFUSx

special like everyone else
Don't let this thread die, there isn't a better one on the net about DIY all glass air paths by methodical DIYers. Godspeed.

Edit: in my adventures putting together a DIY enail, I kind of want to buy another coil assembly to use with my controller box for this application.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
xRUFUSx - You could build the lab glass vape into a pid controller. It is basically an enail with a different head. Can your pid controller do pt100 probes? Do you want both on at the same time?

jojo monkey,
Top Bottom