Homemade edibles question

Torbill

I don't know if FC is the right place, but it is the only cannabis forum that I belong to. So here goes.

I use weed and a Mighty to get to sleep, after taking an edible to keep me asleep. My edibles are normally local brands, but I have used things like Cheeba Chews a lot. In other words I am fairly experienced with edibles and know what to expect.

My frustration with edibles is primarily with my inability to get a supply of consistent strain and quality. A smaller frustration is the cost. One dispensary tried to sell me capsules of oil. I said no, too expensive. The budtender suggested that I make my own. Great idea, never thought of that, might solve both of my problems. So I bought a syringe of Indica Rick Simpson Oil and went to work. My manufacturing process is working well, but the result is a bit different than what I would have expected.

If I use an edible such as Cheeba Chew taffy an hour or two before bedtime, I stay asleep for 6-7 hours. Good. When I take one of my capsules it works for about two hours less. And when I wake up when it is at maximum strength I am very stoned, to the point where I am almost unsteady on my feet as I make for the head. So, it seems to be that my product is hitting a higher peak for less time than normal edibles.

I am using one part RSO to 9 parts pure coconut oil, with a total dose of 20 mg thc. This fills up one 00 size capsule.

Can somebody tell me if I am doing something wrong? Or if there is something in addition that I can do to slow things down? Or if this is the wrong place for my question...?

Torbill,
Reactions: Squiby

Aristosseur

I would like you to try something, try using less extract and 9 parts butter or olive oil instead of coconut oil. Perhaps the longer fatty acid chain of the aforementioned two alternatives will induce a slower release.

Aristosseur,
Top Bottom