1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

HomeGrownLogs

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by RastaVapa, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Drexciya

Drexciya Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers

Good to hear from you again Nick. The stuff life throws at you is out of proportions, I'm glad you are still with us. It makes the world a better place to live on.

2. brainiac

brainiac Well-Known Member

Brilliant news :tup:
    Good luck, mate.
    :peace:

RastaVapa, Mr. Gweilo 420 and PPN like this.
  3. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

@RastaVapa

Welcome back!!
    It was truly great to read your reply and know that you are feeling a bit better!
    It's great that you have help and will not be so stressed again, even better that it is your son!

Cannot wait to see what you and your team will be creating for us!!

Take it easy and do not overdo it!

4. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@RastaVapa I saw you dropped me the like and did a double take when I saw you'd posted as well.
    Glad to hear your news.

5. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

So happy you're feeling better @RastaVapa but take your time cause recovery might be long from my understanding, so good your son joined the HGL team!

6. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

Sending positive vibes!Glad to know you are better ,that log looks amazing.Involving your son sounds awesome,i wish i had a master logvape maker daddy,for sure i could use some lessons ,lol.Looking forward to seeing more of those beauties .
    ! @RastaVapa

7. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

So glad to see you back in action @RastaVapa and the pieces look amazing!

8. blokenoname

blokenoname Well-Known Member

@RastaVapa

Welcome back among the living then :) As I lost part of me lung to the Big C only two years ago, I can really relate (though I had the incredible luck, that the carcinoma was detected in a very early stage and after the big cutting session and some adjuvant chemo, all looks fine so far... as long as it lasts, that is :p ).

Discovering log vapes only a year ago or so, I was so devastated, that I couldn't get one on this side of the pond, I finally decided to build me own. After some months of trial and error and multiple iterations, that worked out rather well, though being the pragmatic type, the more artistic side of log making is still beyond me meager abilities and so my vapes look more like miniaturized pine wood Purple Days with HI like innards :D

So I think, my ever growing DIY log collection is in dire need of some more classy company, as logs now seem to become available again in the good old world ;)
    Do you accept new customers on your list? What's the price tag for one of your really beautiful pieces and how long the wait?

Shoot me a message, if you like :)

9. RastaVapa

RastaVapa HomeGrownLogs UK log maker Manufacturer

Been building the new lot of cores today and will have some pics up tommorow ,all logs will now have this style now as heat retention and recovery is very good.

@blokenoname nice to see others building there own what are you using for your heating elements

So good to get my mind into something again been offline so long forgot loads of stuff. .

Take it easy

10. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

I really like the long wooden stem with metal liner, very cool. I would rock that regularly with a log vape.

pxl_jockey, lazylathe and RastaVapa like this.
  11. blokenoname

@RastaVapa

It uses the classic 25J20RE log vape resistor as a heater now, though I experimented with halogen and cartridge heater options before. Resistor turned out to be the most pragmatic & comfortable solution, so far. Plug in, wait for heat up, stick your tip in and vape away :D No fiddling with a dimmer or VVPS, if you don't want one.

RastaVapa, Megaton and lazylathe like this.
  12. RastaVapa

Nice I have some of them, still have trouble getting them in the UK, I think I got them somewhere in the Eu last time, they are very good and easy to use on a standard psu with no adjustments .

If you wanted to use off the shelf cartridge elements use the reprap 24v 30w 6mm x 20mm these come out around the same resistance as the ohmite and you can use these on a standard psu ,obviously check resistance before using as they vary a little format around 18 ohm to 22 ohm range but they work perfectly. The 12v ones are a lower resistance and will get to hot same with the 24v 40w they sit around 15 ohm. Bit of useful info for yah or any other diy log builder out there....when you order make sure they are rohs compliant also.

In workshop atm so hot outside today already, the one year we get a good summer and I can't go out in it lol...

Take it easy

Nick

13. sweetherb

sweetherb Well-Known Member

As someone who has also had more than his fair share of illness (including cancer), I would like to say a massive "welcome back"! I wish you all the best and may even buy one of these myself in the not-so-distant future!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Alexis, Adobewan and RUDE BOY like this.
  14. RastaVapa

Thanks man means alot, just good to be back doing something, not gonna work myself ill just taking it slow and steady and trying to keep my mind healthy, thanks man

15. blokenoname

Got them via Swatee Electronics at Amazon. Always arriving with Ceska Posta :D
    Amazon UK has them also listed:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/25J20RE-Oh...e=UTF8&qid=1531909590&sr=1-1&keywords=25J20RE

Thanks for the info on the cartridge heaters. I'm familiar with that type, as I used the (too hot) 12 V/40W ones already in earlier prototypes, but can't be run without a dimmer obviously, as the little buggers will burn down log & house, if you let them :p
    Never realised, there was an 24V/30V version. Great :D Something new to toy around with. Will order a batch right away :)

28°C here right now. Really glad to live in a ground floor flat now. Had mostly attic flats for the last decades. Bloody hell in summer :p

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Megaton likes this.
  16. Goatbass

Goatbass DIWhy

Welcome back!! Wonderful to have members like you in the community. Loving the sweet pricing of the vape. Looking forward to ordering one in the coming months!

17. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Hiya @RastaVapa I hope you are still doing better and rocking along with your plans. Just checking in to say hiya and find out if HGLs are still happening. Just curious because I haven’t heard back but mainly concerned about your situation.

18. Carl Hempel

Carl Hempel Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the specifications of the HGL power supply / cable? I lent my log to a friend and have just been reunited with it, but the cable has been lost :shrug:any help appreciated. Also sending positive vibes to @RastaVapa :peace:

19. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

What are you trying to figure out Carl? Maybe I can help you?

Vaponly, brainiac, Copacetic and 3 others like this.
  20. blokenoname

12V power supply with at least 1A and 5,5/2,1mm barrel plug is the quasi standard there.

ubardog, brainiac, Megaton and 7 others like this.
  21. Carl Hempel

Carl Hempel Well-Known Member

Thank you so much @blokenoname ! can't wait to get it running again, It's been a while.

ubardog, Megaton, vapognak and 3 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors