• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued HomeGrownLogs

blacksilversurfer

hi guys. ive had my hgl for a few months now and im loving it. works very much like an enano but with much better airflow. saying that i couldnt choose betwwen the two. when i want i tighter draw i pick up the e nano, if i want a nice easy draw i pick up the hgl.

i got mine with a vvps (?) which im not a great fan of i wish it had some kind of light so i know if its on/working. atm i think it might have a small fault. i tend to leave my logs on 247 for weeks on end for ease of use and a few times recently ive picked up my hgl and its stone cold or not warm enough to vape. i leave it on about 80% power usually which is plenty. i was confused as to why this was happening so i stopped using the vvps and just use the adapter/charger directly. it runs a little hot this way but charring can be avoided by moving the screen. thats all well and good i can still use my log but the cord is just too short and i keeps falling off my desk. i obviously need a charger/adapter with a longer wire. can anyone tell me what type of adapter i should be looking for? im trying to look on ebay and amazon but dont know where to begin. lol
also can anyone recommend a vvps that i can buy with a light?
any help will be useful. tia

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
hi guys. ive had my hgl for a few months now and im loving it. works very much like an enano but with much better airflow. saying that i couldnt choose betwwen the two. when i want i tighter draw i pick up the e nano, if i want a nice easy draw i pick up the hgl.

i got mine with a vvps (?) which im not a great fan of i wish it had some kind of light so i know if its on/working. atm i think it might have a small fault. i tend to leave my logs on 247 for weeks on end for ease of use and a few times recently ive picked up my hgl and its stone cold or not warm enough to vape. i leave it on about 80% power usually which is plenty. i was confused as to why this was happening so i stopped using the vvps and just use the adapter/charger directly. it runs a little hot this way but charring can be avoided by moving the screen. thats all well and good i can still use my log but the cord is just too short and i keeps falling off my desk. i obviously need a charger/adapter with a longer wire. can anyone tell me what type of adapter i should be looking for? im trying to look on ebay and amazon but dont know where to begin. lol
also can anyone recommend a vvps that i can buy with a light?
any help will be useful. tia
https://www.banggood.com/DC12-24V-5...less-Speed-Switch-p-1129675.html?rmmds=search
https://www.banggood.com/90W-DC-3V-...ch-LED-Fan-Dimmer-p-1056903.html?rmmds=search
You can look for those thing locally,if you dont wanna wait delivery from china,they are easy to find at most electronic hobby stores :).
I have this one and use with and old laptop supply :))
9bae1816-de63-45ec-9e1b-1ee633e8bb1a.JPG

blacksilversurfer

thanks for the reply. one of those with the digital display look really cool.
that webiste is out of stock so im gonna have a look on ebay for a 12-24v dc voltage meter. any ideas on the adapter size? is it 3.5mm connection for the hgl/
thanks again

blacksilversurfer,
Reactions: Drexciya

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
thanks for the reply. one of those with the digital display look really cool.
that webiste is out of stock so im gonna have a look on ebay for a 12-24v dc voltage meter. any ideas on the adapter size? is it 3.5mm connection for the hgl/
thanks again
What adapter are you talking about, input and out are just wire slots with a bolt..

blacksilversurfer

thanks for your replies guys. I should have a mighty charger somewhere i just need to dig it up. not sure how long the wire is.... if its too short i have the size of the power jack (the correct term) so i can look on ebay or amazon for one.
thanks again

blacksilversurfer,
Reactions: Drexciya

blacksilversurfer

I didn't know they made extensions. I think that would be better suited for me. I think ill try to pick up one of those rather than having yet another charger in the house!
I hope everyone is enjoying their logs. I'm glad the day I got both my hgl and enano. They are both a joy to use and have made me cut down how much I use due to the smaller bowl. I previously used a ssv and a lsv. Both of which are great but for now these two are my daily drivers.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
@blacksilversurfer Using an extension cord should cool your log a bit too (think you said it's running a bit hot straight from the wall).

Yes, how good of you to mention this. It does indeed cool your log down, just enough to prevent charring perhaps, but that depends on your heat core. There are models that run hotter than others. The only time I have ever burnt my flowers was when I was using it without an extension cord but I heard that my log runs on the cooler side.

https://www.amazon.com/Hanvex-HDCQ12-2-1mm-Extension-Adapter/dp/B00FTFYH0U

a_roberto89

hi,i have just saw this post and i'm really interested in buy one! there is a waiting list? How can i pay? Paypal? Price is still 99 £? thanks

a_roberto89,
Reactions: brainiac

Drexciya

@a_roberto89 Just send @RastaVapa a pm and he'll contact you when he reads it.

Yesterday my power supply died so I ordered a new one. But this time I got a 1500mA one instead of a 1000 mA. Does anyone know if this is gonna be a problem with the HGL?

edit: Just googled it myself. :mental: and the short answer is: It won't be a problem.

the longer answer is:
The voltage supplied has to be correct for the device. However, the actual current draw will be determined by the device itself, not the power supply.

So, if you "should" use a 12V/1000mA power source, any power source of 12v and 1000mA or more should work.

source: https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=723436

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Hello everyone I have not been on here for a few months I have been going through some pretty gruelling treatment which has made me very ill physically and mentally I have now been changed over to a new drug at guys hospital and seem to be doing better.

Sorry I have not replied to any emails etc but I am still doing the logs and hopefully this time my health will hold out a bit, I have some pictures here of some new logs plus I hope to get a batch out within the next few weeks.

I have started to train someone to help me properly especially if I get to ill to work so homegrownlogs is still going strong just a small pause for health reasons.

New woods I have in stock are bog oak for stems and wongs plus I have just got some burr elm in. Also going to offer different style pwms either with a display (0-100%) or the standard mini no display style, still just getting back onto the lathe but expect the rasta back......

If a log goes cold it's more than likely the cord which is a standard 2.1 mm power jack I have them here I can send one out if it's still cold pm me and we can get it fixed no problem....

Take it easy everyone glad to be back online....

Drexciya

Welcome back dude, I'm really sorry that you went thru such a bad time and I hope the new drugs are going to do you good. Looking forward to see that new work you are talking about.

cheers man take it easy!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Heya RV,
Thank you for the update; sorry to hear about those damn treatments and grateful the new drug is doing better. Every so often, I go through the thread looking at the beautiful creations of yours and knowing one day I will have a proper English log vaporizer just gets me giddy! So you just take care and post a pic or 3 when you're able. You have lots of good positive vibes coming from the south tonight! :peace:

*plainlazy*

Hi there home grown log people

I stupidly sold my last log vape it was a enano. And I'm now I'm regretting it.

I found this thread whilst looking for a UK based seller of logs or log manufacturer.

Can anyone here help me making contact to order one of these? Is there an Email address or website for orders?

Has anyone owned both the enano and the HGL? How does the temp compare, as the enano has a adjuster on the cord and these don't?
Has anyone managed to rig up a dimmer plug or dimmer cable with one of these to get different temps?

Any help and advice would be great.

*plainlazy*,
Reactions: Hjalmark
Top Bottom