• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued HomeGrownLogs

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
And yet again the hgl has been an intro into vaping and the good uses of marijuana. The HGL has now been on for 24/7 for the last three months or something and that convenience is really really great.

Yesterday I only was home for a few minutes and was so glad the HGL was ready to go in no time. The rest of the evening was much more pleasant because of it.

YoungBobby

Anyone heard from Mr Rastavapa? We had a conversation on pm but then he sorta dissapeared? A little worried here! Hope everything is ok!

YoungBobby,

KeVo23

Got my spalted beechwood HGL in a few days back and am absolutley in love! :luv:

xQNJk42.jpg

lVJxGwO.jpg

Heres the full kit(minus the vvps) with matching stem and gong/gwong.

P74BxRI.jpg

Thanks again @RastaVapa !

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Got my spalted beechwood HGL in a few days back and am absolutley in love! :luv:

xQNJk42.jpg

lVJxGwO.jpg

Heres the full kit(minus the vvps) with matching stem and gong/gwong.

P74BxRI.jpg

Thanks again @RastaVapa !

No problem man i enjoy making them so much they are just gonna get better and better as time goes on, sorry to all as i have been extremely busy this time of year, 4 kids 8 grandchildren etc lol, nearly got another batch ready and will prob be contacting people prob just after xmas now.

My new workshop is going to be started in jan and hopefully be ready in a month so production can really be ramped up as i have so many ideas in my head i want to share and need the bigger workshop.

BTW that all wood bowl in the picture is turned from some teak @phattpiggie gave me when we met up, came out really nice so i am going to turn a few more for the next few batch's...

will get some pics of the new batch up very soon.......

Take it easy all....

Nick

Bvapst

@KeVo23 Beauty piece !

I wanted to come and share with HG-log's owners about roasting style...
My number one choice always has been : wpa (SS or glass) through a dry J-hook and then bubbler or tube with water.

But lately (it's not new in fact) ... I love to use more and more a sliding-bowl style of stem/bowl. I have one from Alan I love, but some short glass tubes and silicone let me do another one which fits the HGL core. Basically just a basket scren is needed and I think @RastaVapa does provide them ? So it's not a novelty but I wish everybody could give a try.

It's so easy to adjust your bowl size & distance from the heat by pushing the basket screen. I also like to use a double screen system sometime (mostly in a 2 stem configuration).
Stirring is so easy : push the screen down with a bamboo skewer, mix and push back the screen from down(the mp side). And if you empty the bowl with pushing the screen out (+ give a little brush) your glass bowl stay relatively clean thanks to the "oil" there is less debris and it's pushed out if you do this while still warm.
So advantages : bowl size and distance + easy stirring + less debris + different extraction
About different extraction : you get another rate if you push the screen further. You can "sip" instead of taking short hits.
Also I found that if there is 2 screens on the way, more or less glass, etc..all this will bring some more radiant heat and different airflow. It's possible to find the "sweetspot" where it will be really even extracted and smooth. With my double stem with cork holder (pictured) I love the fact that I must sip really long to get a flavorfull hit, it will be always light brown even if I draw a long time. You can see through your exhale as well that it is more "controlled" heat.

This is usefull for the HGL as it run pretty hot. I think slightly longer bowl being SS or glass (especially for wpa which are short) could be nice as personally I would like mine to be a bit longer.
PS=> @RastaVapa Will Pm you in that regard about my order

B stem (pictured down) : here I like that I push the inner glass stem to the top for a "sip loading", then push up the basket screen while covering with the finger for a light tamping from down. Then I slide the inner stem to the distance I want and the HGL just gets 2/3mm inside the outer glass stem making a nice fit.
The extraction will be quicker than the cork-stem and less even but you don't need to sip. Stirring is as easy as pusing the screen down and up..

vWkI503.jpg

0yjy7uF.jpg

Finally I GOT IT !

So you see here the Alan slide-a-bowl stem with cork (not sure how he calls it). But it's really neat and provide a different extraction. The glass end is recessed as well..

All this keeps me from buying "higher-end" vapes.. being able to try different way to vape with such a simple, noble unit.
But VAS is never far... and there is always a gap to fill or an upgrade coming !

Now some action I did not post yet I think...

So the HGL-hit up there is the second hit from that same bowl I started down there with the WW (run cooler). Here is a tribute vid'..

Happy steaming to one & all and best wishes or should I better say : best realization !

undefined.jpg

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I paid a guy a visit with my VC and he couldn't be doing with the 'faff' as he put it, he preferred my Xmax.
Tonight he gets to try something with the least amount of 'faff' you could ever want. It's plug and vape. Lets see what he thinks of an HGL.
Sumac log with Sapele Twisted stem.
pAuAKF6.jpg

skaav

Just registered here to stay posted when your website goes up, ive had a plenty for some time now, but getting a more efficient vape has always been a concern of mine and these seem great.

Will definetly place an order once your page goes up, all the best

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just registered here to stay posted when your website goes up, ive had a plenty for some time now, but getting a more efficient vape has always been a concern of mine and these seem great.

Will definetly place an order once your page goes up, all the best
You can clic on Rastavapa avatar and choose "start a conversation" to ask to be on the list and be patient cause he got some personnal issues and sometimes answers are a bit delayed.

Just a question a bitoff topic: Is Blackwood the same wood called "Ebène" in french?

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
@KeVo23 Beauty piece !

I wanted to come and share with HG-log's owners about roasting style...
My number one choice always has been : wpa (SS or glass) through a dry J-hook and then bubbler or tube with water.

But lately (it's not new in fact) ... I love to use more and more a sliding-bowl style of stem/bowl. I have one from Alan I love, but some short glass tubes and silicone let me do another one which fits the HGL core. Basically just a basket scren is needed and I think @RastaVapa does provide them ? So it's not a novelty but I wish everybody could give a try.

It's so easy to adjust your bowl size & distance from the heat by pushing the basket screen. I also like to use a double screen system sometime (mostly in a 2 stem configuration).
Stirring is so easy : push the screen down with a bamboo skewer, mix and push back the screen from down(the mp side). And if you empty the bowl with pushing the screen out (+ give a little brush) your glass bowl stay relatively clean thanks to the "oil" there is less debris and it's pushed out if you do this while still warm.
So advantages : bowl size and distance + easy stirring + less debris + different extraction
About different extraction : you get another rate if you push the screen further. You can "sip" instead of taking short hits.
Also I found that if there is 2 screens on the way, more or less glass, etc..all this will bring some more radiant heat and different airflow. It's possible to find the "sweetspot" where it will be really even extracted and smooth. With my double stem with cork holder (pictured) I love the fact that I must sip really long to get a flavorfull hit, it will be always light brown even if I draw a long time. You can see through your exhale as well that it is more "controlled" heat.

This is usefull for the HGL as it run pretty hot. I think slightly longer bowl being SS or glass (especially for wpa which are short) could be nice as personally I would like mine to be a bit longer.
PS=> @RastaVapa Will Pm you in that regard about my order

B stem (pictured down) : here I like that I push the inner glass stem to the top for a "sip loading", then push up the basket screen while covering with the finger for a light tamping from down. Then I slide the inner stem to the distance I want and the HGL just gets 2/3mm inside the outer glass stem making a nice fit.
The extraction will be quicker than the cork-stem and less even but you don't need to sip. Stirring is as easy as pusing the screen down and up..

vWkI503.jpg

0yjy7uF.jpg

Finally I GOT IT !

So you see here the Alan slide-a-bowl stem with cork (not sure how he calls it). But it's really neat and provide a different extraction. The glass end is recessed as well..

All this keeps me from buying "higher-end" vapes.. being able to try different way to vape with such a simple, noble unit.
But VAS is never far... and there is always a gap to fill or an upgrade coming !

Now some action I did not post yet I think...

So the HGL-hit up there is the second hit from that same bowl I started down there with the WW (run cooler). Here is a tribute vid'..

Happy steaming to one & all and best wishes or should I better say : best realization !

undefined.jpg

Nice vids mate so you started the bowl with a WW then finished it with the HGL ?? , i still have my WW was going to give it a revive and upgrade at some point ....

Back into workshop after all the holidays had two birthdays, one my son had his 18th and my wifes yesterday so real busy.... got a walnut log being sent out in the next few days plus i have five logs being worked on as we speak will keep posting updates ...

Hope everyone had a good new year :tup::clap:

Take it easy

nick

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Last edited:

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
Wish them all the best from myself and @Ruta, it's nice to have a break but it's a lot better getting back to 'normal'.

cheers man, yeh its good to get back to normal just wrapping up a log to post tommorrow and then its down to some serious vaping.....

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
@Bvapst: That's some nice info, I am going to look closer at it now that I'm home again.

Have been away for twee weeks to get a bit of sunshine. Took my portable with me but never got into action to get me something to vape. So I had a nice two weeks of not vaping and at the end I was really looking forward to be reunited with the HGL again. It didn't disappoint. Still a beauty, still working great, I still love my own cloud making machine.

Top Bottom